Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Probably was pre-nerf. So, yeah, maybe not as good now.
    Definitely not as good for single target anymore. It was 141% more effective at 30 stacks than TV pre-nerf in single target. Now it's just 62% more effective at 25, and there is technically 10 seconds less time between uses, but that doesn't help much when you're waiting to use it for Crusade.

Quite honestly, i'm just happy that we will end up using the ring. Fingers crossed it will be worth it. I don't like the idea of 30% haste just because we lose so many of the other stats. But it may be doable in heroic ToS gear.
    That ring looks pretty good now, especially if I can get T20 along with my T19, although ilvl of off-set gear might just outweigh T19 anyway. Also, haste at 30% is totally doable without sacrificing that much stats. You probably don't want anymore than 30% though. I notice a severe drop-off past 29.5% on my character if I manually add more haste to a haste gear set I have.

Quite honestly, i'm just happy that we will end up using the ring. Fingers crossed it will be worth it. I don't like the idea of 30% haste just because we lose so many of the other stats. But it may be doable in heroic ToS gear.
    If you look at the stats on the sim for Whispers/Highlord you can see that it has 25% crit 12% vers and 34% mastery aside from the 30% haste; and that's with heroic gear. So I don't see much of a problem with this amount of stats. One thing that does concern me is the high amount of mastery. Does it need this high of mastery to work? Because for example the other ring that it has equipped is vers/mastery, and in this case I would try to use the Kil'jaeden ring and taking haste out on other pieces and so forth. But, since you are pumping out so many finishers, mastery would be much more valuable, I just don't think it'll be enough to overtake crit and vers.

Quote Originally Posted by PointerToAddress View Post
    If you look at the stats on the sim for Whispers/Highlord you can see that it has 25% crit 12% vers and 34% mastery aside from the 30% haste; and that's with heroic gear. So I don't see much of a problem with this amount of stats. One thing that does concern me is the high amount of mastery. Does it need this high of mastery to work? Because for example the other ring that it has equipped is vers/mastery, and in this case I would try to use the Kil'jaeden ring and taking haste out on other pieces and so forth. But, since you are pumping out so many finishers, mastery would be much more valuable, I just don't think it'll be enough to overtake crit and vers.
    Some mastery is unavoidable, and you kinda want a bit of it with that many finishers going out. Probably not too much, though.

Deleted

Our tier 20 set is riddled with mastery. Theres no escaping it.

The highlord ring has some mastery aswell.

Btw i have those stats minus the mastery and more versatility on live atm. So, it's still gonna be annoying. But hey... i get to use DP. I'm happy.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-06-03 at 08:14 AM.

Deleted
    I don't main a ret but won't mastery increase in value because of the 4p since more spells are benefited by the judgement window?
    Last edited by mmoc3619dc7e61; 2017-06-03 at 10:47 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudikof View Post
    I don't main a ret but won't mastery increase in value because of the 4p since more spells are benefited by the judgement window?
    They changed the 4 set from using mastery to being a 15% buff to the spell

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maaghen View Post
    They changed the 4 set from using mastery to being a 15% buff to the spell
    What is it with all these dull "Increases damage by ###%" on our tier sets? ;_:

Deleted
    Missed that info, cheers!

Deleted
    So correct me if am mistaken but from these simms i get it is target for high haste and although whispers/highlord is a strong combo , chain/highlord have a small difference. Is 4set+2set combo still a possibility then ?

Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    So correct me if am mistaken but from these simms i get it is target for high haste and although whispers/highlord is a strong combo , chain/highlord have a small difference. Is 4set+2set combo still a possibility then ?
    There isn't a high haste requirement should you go Chain + Highlord. Only Whisper + Highlord. Chain + Highlord would require you to have good ilvl Cloak + (Preferably gloves) to offset stat loss from ilvl difference between T19 and T20.

But with all that said, you won't really get there until you have your hands on 4p T20, Chain + Highlord is still your safer bet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroggylos View Post
    Haven't heard yet.

These are provisional sims though. I'm sure we will get final words when the patch is on release version.

If I do end up using Chain/Highlord, T19 helm and shoulders look like the best options to keep the 2-set while you have the rest of the pieces as T20.

Anyone know where can I get Spiked Terrorwake Greatboots? Im doing some sims on my own looking at T19+T20 and these boots make a lot of difference in sims, specially to keep up the 30% haste. The problem is I don't know where can I get it. Wowhead and wowdb don't point it out.

Aside from that pretty much it'll only be worthwhile to have T19+T20 if your T19 pieces are 915+, and thats with heroic gear. Right now im looking at doing mythic gear with and without T19. I'll see if I can post the sims later on.

Binds on Equip = trash drop
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Anyone know where can I get Spiked Terrorwake Greatboots? Im doing some sims on my own looking at T19+T20 and these boots make a lot of difference in sims, specially to keep up the 30% haste. The problem is I don't know where can I get it. Wowhead and wowdb don't point it out.

Aside from that pretty much it'll only be worthwhile to have T19+T20 if your T19 pieces are 915+, and thats with heroic gear. Right now im looking at doing mythic gear with and without T19. I'll see if I can post the sims later on.
    I can't find it on AH at all.

As for this ring's potential, imagine getting 13 stacks of Crusade in 3 globals, and then using your first Wake of Ashes at 13 stacks (49% extra damage). Your pre-pot is more effective as a result on top of this and you have more time with your higher damage/haste and pump out your next globals even faster because you're already at 39% extra haste. This won't happen very often at all, but when it does.... it'll feel pretty good. I just hope Blizzard doesn't knee-jerk nerf us over it.

Well we do know there's bad luck protection going on in game fir certain mechanics.
    To make paladins more decent and balanced, there's a solid chance we might get bestowed with good luck protection so as to escape not balanced chainprocs.

Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    I can't find it on AH at all.

As for this ring's potential, imagine getting 13 stacks of Crusade in 3 globals, and then using your first Wake of Ashes at 13 stacks (49% extra damage). Your pre-pot is more effective as a result on top of this and you have more time with your higher damage/haste and pump out your next globals even faster because you're already at 39% extra haste. This won't happen very often at all, but when it does.... it'll feel pretty good. I just hope Blizzard doesn't knee-jerk nerf us over it.
    The benefit of Crusade over DP right now is the consistency. The only RNG in our build RN is the 4 set T19 and Fire of Justice, which TBH if neither of them proc often it's not that bad. Negligible RNG. Adding DP is going to add a lot of inconsistency to the build, however it's very high risk high reward RNG. No 2 parses will be the same with the Highlord ring.

It's exciting in a way. It also makes mastery a much more decent stat since spenders during judgement are the only thing it affects, so for ST the Highlord ring seems pretty neat. With all the mastery on our T20 I'm excited about the prospect of doing a ton of ST damage on a lucky pull.

I think either I'm missing something or the new build for simcraft changed something. The amount of haste that the logs have in the previous links don't add up. If you check the haste rating adding it up its only slightly above 6500 but if you check the stats it says it has above 11000 putting it over the 30% mark. I'm trying to compile a list of heroic gear and mythic gear from ToS and to stay above, or even get close to, 30% with the new ring is kinda hard. With Liadrin is fine since it has so many secondary stats, but with Highlord ring I pretty much have to equip Cradle for the haste, or just any haste stat stick.

I know those are outdated sims but just wanted to know if I was missing something just in case there was something on my end.
    Last edited by PointerToAddress; 2017-06-04 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Talvindius View Post
    The benefit of Crusade over DP right now is the consistency. The only RNG in our build RN is the 4 set T19 and Fire of Justice, which TBH if neither of them proc often it's not that bad. Negligible RNG. Adding DP is going to add a lot of inconsistency to the build, however it's very high risk high reward RNG. No 2 parses will be the same with the Highlord ring.

It's exciting in a way. It also makes mastery a much more decent stat since spenders during judgement are the only thing it affects, so for ST the Highlord ring seems pretty neat. With all the mastery on our T20 I'm excited about the prospect of doing a ton of ST damage on a lucky pull.
    I'd disagree with the first part only in the sense that since all of our damage comes during Crusade, a string of bad luck (no crits, having to run out, etc) means a bad parse. That, combined with our silly passive (99% parse anytime someone dies during Crusade), makes ret parsing feel like hoping everything goes right.

Either way, I've always enjoyed DP even if it is a bit RNG. I'm definitely looking forward to having that 5 back to back DP during Crusade come through.

So even though they're saying relinquished won't be updated with the new legendaries, I think I'll hoard mine and spend them on the new slots just in case someone forgot to change that part...