MW quality of life ideas

I loved MW in WoD, but have played a lot less of it this expansion. So while the class devs are focused on MW mechanics, I thought now might be a good time to bring up QoL features that would make playing MW a better experience.

Essence Font's range should be increased to 40 yards to match UI frames.
    Revival should have a 5-man healing increase modifier ( for all the same reasons Tranquility has it ).
    Sheilun's Gift cast time makes the spell feel bad. It could simply be faster, or perhaps it could channel in the mists over time so it has an immediate effect?
    Reanalysis and improvement of Legendary items. Prydaz, Boots, and Trinket are exciting to get, but the rest seem really weak or super unclear in their impact.

I'd be curious to hear from active Mistweavers or if they have other problems they'd like to bring up.

Hello there. so i am a MW player since WoD. raided with it since BRF and i have enjoyed it very much till the end of that xpac. atm i am playing mw but i am thinking about swapping to a holy priest for tomb. These are my opinions on what could be done to make mw a better healer to bring to a raid in a world where all the competitive scene seems to have a shaman a druid and pala x)

well personally i think that overall HPS output we are doing well, apart from revival that i feel was much better in previous xpacs but that might be personal perferance, but in 7.2.5 essense font is getting a 12 sec cd (all subject to change) so that might affect it, however we could really use some help in the raid utility department. i had a few ideas the other day, and since i am not a dev i dunno if they would ever work or what numbers they needed to do to even make it work but here it is:

shroud of mists: 3 min cd. talent lvl 100 ( in place of tunder focused tea ). Envelops every friendly target in 40 yards, granting them a shield, 10% of they're max health.

So this might be contorversial since shields were mostly taken out of the game cuz of the abuse they could cause. I believe making it a 3 min cd would cause it to be a very powerfull utility tool, without making it too strong that it couldnt happen. Also considered making it a recharge system, with a 20 sec cd, up to 3 charges, shielding for 15% or 20%. dunno what i think might be bettter or even if you think this type of spell should not be put back at all.

Sheilun's gift: Now i think the idea of the spell is preety decent, a heal that grows in power over time if u can hold onto it for the perfect moment. The issue is the cast time, its way to long imho. i would argue that reducing the cast time or even making it instant ( might be a bit 2 strong ) should be the way to go. Atm this spell overheals a bunch and falls on its face when a shaman's mastery can heal a person for a ton with a riptide.

Lightfeet Tea: 2 min cd. The tea makes your body lighter, making you move 50% (subject to change) faster and empowering your roll/chi torpedo.
    Empowered roll/chi torpedo: when u roll/chi torpedo through a friendly target you grant them a increase of speed for 50%.

Now i know this is very similar to what the shamans have with the totem, but i do believe that the MW should have a way to increase the team's speed,and with this you need to do some thinking. You might want to use some of your personal speed to increase your team's speed, making it a much more interactive thing then just droping it and forgetting about it.

Iron Touch Brew:2 Min cd. you throw a coctail at your target, making his skin harden. The target takes less 20% dmg and receives an increased 15% healing from your HoTs. Lasts for 8 seconds.

Understand guys that i am not saying that this should all be implemented as it would probably make MW very overpowered and thats never good. These are just some ideas that came into my mind that i think would over all make mw a bit more useful in a raid situation, and nothing of this was considered with pvp in mind since i dont do much of that.
    Any contructive opinions are very apreciated. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Coronach View Post
    I believe this is supposed to be for us to have a "melee healer" fantasy. they want us to be near and keep in the middle of the ranged and the melee. I would like this change though.
    Revival should have a 5-man healing increase modifier ( for all the same reasons Tranquility has it ).
    this one I do and dont think we need. yea revival is very weak in 5 man's but i dont think "for all the same reasons tranquility has it" is the reason we should get it. druids have to literally stop everything theyre doing for 8 seconds to cast tranq. we use 1.5s (a gcd) i see that as a major time loss. tranq actually wouldnt have a use while revival does.
    Sheilun's Gift cast time makes the spell feel bad. It could simply be faster, or perhaps it could channel in the mists over time so it has an immediate effect?
    I'm just wondering about this point. I personally don't feel bad about a 2s cast time, its actually on par with most other artifact abilities. (theyre generally a decent time cast or an instant) and considering its new identity of wanting to be in a raid situation our pre-cast if youre casting something 2s before damage goes out or 10s before damage goes out it doesnt matter the cast time as we can pre cast accordingly no matter what. I do see it as a problem at lower stacks in dungeons though, so I'm wondering when you say channeling mists over time for an immediate effect, how do you want this to happen? we already generate a cloud every 10 seconds (and when we cast effuse with the new trait) so what do we have channel it in over time for an immediate effect? because youre pretty much describing its effect. generating clouds every 10s and then we channel 2 seconds for our cast.
    Reanalysis and improvement of Legendary items. Prydaz, Boots, and Trinket are exciting to get, but the rest seem really weak or super unclear in their impact.
    Hopefully they do that! they already said they were planning to spend time balancing legendaries. Unfortunately the only one that got a worth while change in the latest ones was boots which became amazing. unfortunately ring got well.. nothing. and belt didnt get much besides more fluid game play, we'll just have to wait for if they do more legendary changes this patch along with out class changes.

Here's a few of my ideas that I think would just be tweaks to the current kit that would make them high risk / high reward. So they can be one of the best / the best healing class if played well, but be middle / bottom tier if not played well.

Revival tweaks - Remove the clearing all debuffs, on some fights you can't use the cool down because of this, which makes it useless. My suggestion is one of the two things, with revival all it to still have the 400 - 500k healing with the HOT from artifact trait, but it needs to have 10% more health / 10% damage reduction or someting with it OR it needs to have an effect similar to Ancestral Protection Totem where if someone dies, they can get revived, only if its done within a 10-12 second window (similar to the 30 seconds on Ancestral Protection Totem). Giving them more one use on there raid cool down, but making it share the same 2 minutes 20 second cool down seems like a fair trade off.

Essence Font - Needs to have an increased Cool down, but be some sort of a mini revival, right now its tehcnially the highest HPS per mana use over time its like 2.5 million healing but you can't really spam it beucase everyone gets full health faster. So either make Essence font heal for more and not leave a hot, but you can only use it ever 8 - 12 seconds or make it work like chain heal and snap cast smart heal with a larger range than 30 yards.

Vivify - Right now its a crappier version of Prayer of healing, it just needs tweaks

Enveloping mist - Its needs major overall, maybe a shield instead of a dot or something like that

Renewing mist - Cool down needs to be reduced by using damage spells, 1 second for crackling jade lightning, or 1 second per black out kick stack. So you can play around this while doing damage so it goes back to fist weaving / damaging

Effuse - Needs to either heal for more if people have less health or they become priorities for using the artifact weapon and instead of just a 30k heal it leaves a shield

Rewarded for doing damage, not healing by doing damage that's taken by disc priest, but make them actually be rewarded, maybe there heals do more healing for X time by doing damage, I mentioned renewing mist CD getting lowered. We just have subpar version of other healers abilities and they need tweaks. If we're going to be solid through put machines, then we need to have our numbers tweaked to be healing machines. If you want us to have utility then make us buff the raid in some way shape or form, weather its less damage taken, increased versatility on targest with renewig mist ect...

Something that makes MW monks feel wanted, not necessarily needed, which some of these buffs might work for PvE, but make them upsurdly broke in PvP or vice versa

Some QoL I'd like to see:

TFT cooldown starting on use rather than once you cast the empowered (or 2 empowered) spell/s.

Life Cocoon absorb should be a % of target health rather than a flat amount so that it can scale up with tanks.

Deleted
    Bring back crane stance.

overheal from our mastery to form bubbles similar to our old mastery

Ancient Mistweaver Arts available as PvE talent.

Summon Jade Serpent Statue changes target instead healing full hp party members

TFT instead of resetting cooldown of Renewing Mist makes it affect one additional party member without buff.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved MW in WoD, but have played a lot less of it this expansion. So while the class devs are focused on MW mechanics, I thought now might be a good time to bring up QoL features that would make playing MW a better experience.

I'd be curious to hear from active Mistweavers or if they have other problems they'd like to bring up.
    1: EF is basically our version of healing rain, Efflorescence, etc instead of having a small 10 yard radius on 40 yard cast range, it has a 25 yard radius from melee range. With that said, that artifact trait that lets us move 30% faster for a few secs after casting EF is worthless. Would be nice if it increased its range by 10 yards or something instead.

2: Agreed, been saying this since the beginning. Revival SHOULD be one of our best CDs and it's absolute shit outside of raids. It should heal for more while not in a raid like Tranq.

3: SG should have the same cast time as Effuse/Viv.

4: I actually don't mind that our legendaries are sub par, that makes us not as dependent on them as say Resto Druids are. I much rather have good abilities with weaker legendaries then having weaker abilities and better legendaries to buff them. DHs have been suffering from this issue, with AotHG legendary. The haves are doing crazy good DPS and the have-nots are doing meh DPS and it created a huge divide among the community. The Haves are pissed whenever it's nerfed and the Have-nots are pissed whenever they don't get it as a drop.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Definitely hope for more changes than 7.2.5 is offering so far, doesn't seem to be looking good for us Mw so far, cant believe the EF Cd with such a minimal, feel like we are going to be in a rather bad place come 7.2.5 if things r left alone as is

Deleted
    Revival is absolutly terrible in small group (like dungeon). It was far better is previous tiers, but he still need a true fix for small groups. My mate call it "The ZERO hps Revival" in dungeon.

I play MW since Throne of Thunder, and I main it since BRF. I prefer the old MW but well, the gameplay is still truely more fun than Rdruid.

I just don't know why something like Divine Hymn and Tranquility heals in 5-man content for twice the amount and Revival does not.

Deleted
    Soothing Mist
    Into a 8 sec durration hot instead of 5min channeled baseline.

Revival
    5man bonus. Atm this spell heals just a bit more the vivify its so sad to cast a spell that hits for 12% of max hp.

RT
    No longer puts celestial Breath on cd. Its the only thing this talent actually need.

life cocoon I would like to see a reduced cooldown on that spell. Spell feels like a holyword serenity not a barkskin.

SOme haste scalings on cooldowns would be nice, rem, tea, and EF for example.

Why bother posting? After literal months / up to a year of attempts it's clear the developers simply do not care about our input. Mistweaver is a twice failed experiment and having one for anything but 5 man and farm content is holding your group back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bargh View Post
    Bring back crane stance.
    Ancient Mistweaver Arts available as PvE talent.
    Expanding on that I would follow this route and revamp row 45 :
    - build Spirit of the Crane baseline within Teaching of the Monastery
    - remove Soothing Mist
    - remove Mist Wrap
    - keep Lifecycles
    - add Way of the Crane
    - add Ancient Mistweaver Arts

For the lost pvp talent here we would have then Mistwrap (that would then grant back Soothing Mist only in PVP) as an option for 22 or 40 and we can imagine to bring back Mistwalk as the other option, which would keep the row consistent, giving choice on a mobility healing option between an instant cast, a channeled heal that would be used on the move or an instant teleport-heal move.

This way we make row 45 more impactful as to where it stands right now (you could play without any of the current talent that would not make any noticeable difference...), without impacting PVP too much. We bring back 3 different gameplay that were the definition of Monk by Bli² when they got released : alterning casting spells to find balance, channeling mono target or healing through DPS (on a CD so we won't compete with disc).
    Last edited by mmoc6b26ca43f1; 2017-05-24 at 09:47 AM.