Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Deleted
    Another debuff to keep track of, great.

Quote Originally Posted by 1i3t0 View Post
    Another debuff to keep track of, great.
    Seems interesting tho. Still subject to change.
    It's been "nerfed" on PTR. Was 1500% AP on initial hit before. Is 600% now.

Way too early for doom and gloom, lets see how they tune the numbers

Yea damage nerfed but cooldown from 60 to 25 which is good

Deleted
    Not bad but was hoping for an AoE skill, or atleast a skill which is NOT ST only... like it is now:
    But okay AP was ST so toxic blades will be.

I hope blizz will tune assa atleast to the better half for ST dps classes, because we only have ST.

Seems VERY promising, with the higher proc rate to apply deadly poison on a target and this new ability granting increased crit on all nature damage Kings Bane is gonna be rocking some crazy high ticks if timed correctly.

Been playing around with it and until now, it feels like utter shit. Our damage has remained quite similar, but we do have yet another debuff to track and pool for. Not my idea of fun, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Been playing around with it and until now, it feels like utter shit. Our damage has remained quite similar, but we do have yet another debuff to track and pool for. Not my idea of fun, tbh.
    Pool for what ? with the new set cutting the cost of garrote by 25 energy all it did was shift it else where so no real "Pooling" required as garrote doesnt cost 45 energy with new set it balances out for now.

Deleted
    so now we have 3 debuffs on different timers
    envenom is nature damage so preferably we want to go into the 8s window of crit with 5cp and full energy kinda like with shoulders except that mut wont auto hit for 4cp but 3 envenoms should be doable...not that they hit as hard now without t19 and ap but...yeah

25s on this 30-35 on kb, I guess we hold this for kb...question then becomes do we wait for vendetta as well to pop that first to increase even more?
    definately some testing left to be done

Looking forward to live version to see how it ends.. And getting rid of the "boring" AP playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Enterich View Post
    Not bad but was hoping for an AoE skill, or atleast a skill which is NOT ST only... like it is now:
    But okay AP was ST so toxic blades will be.

I hope blizz will tune assa atleast to the better half for ST dps classes, because we only have ST.
    Was hoping for some aoe talent as well. Or that they at some point will change BoT to be a cooldown instead.

We wanted AoE ability and they gave us Kingsbane V2.

How to make better AoE for Assa rogues?
    They should've change AP to Poison Bomb to talent and make it 20 sec CD(reduce DMG proportional ofc). And make the trait change with the Assassination PvP - Flying Knives.
    DONE.

Been testing this on the PTR since it came out. Huge DPS loss. 150-200k lower on all my tests. Tried multiple gear setups, rotations, etc.

Deleted
    I was so glad when I could drop Exsanguinate back in October. But here it comes: Exsanguinate's poisoned brother...

No matter how much damage it does. I don't want another out-of-sync debuff with a <60 second cooldown.

So far from my experience of it on PTR it's just another button to push that locks you onto a target because of another debuff. If we line it up with KB, you're delaying it a fair amount, to the point you're probably clipping several uses of it out of a fight based on length. This however does give your KB a nice synergy for crits. If you use it on CD, you're either not going to get the most out of it because you won't have the energy, or you'll pool points and energy, pop TB and unleash hell to get in as many Envenoms as you can, and when you come out of the TB buff, you're energy and CP starved with KB coming off CD and bleeds needing refreshed. When I tried to use TB on CD on the PTR, I just felt like I was staring at my energy bar the whole time, It was energy starvation to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Elyzibeth View Post
    So far from my experience of it on PTR it's just another button to push that locks you onto a target because of another debuff. If we line it up with KB, you're delaying it a fair amount, to the point you're probably clipping several uses of it out of a fight based on length. This however does give your KB a nice synergy for crits. If you use it on CD, you're either not going to get the most out of it because you won't have the energy, or you'll pool points and energy, pop TB and unleash hell to get in as many Envenoms as you can, and when you come out of the TB buff, you're energy and CP starved with KB coming off CD and bleeds needing refreshed. When I tried to use TB on CD on the PTR, I just felt like I was staring at my energy bar the whole time, It was energy starvation to the next level.
    Which in turn makes Sinister Circulation a completely useless trait.

I have no hope whatsoever. They did the same thing with fire mages right at the end of EN. Huge amounts of data that proved they were gutting the spec and yet it went live and stayed live until just a few weeks ago when fire got a slight buff.

I've said if before and I'll say it again: The people calling the shots are utter dimwits and this talent proves as much.

I wish Blizzard would have taken this time to solve the glaring issues with the spec right now. They could have given us a on demand AoE, even if it wasn't bursty, it would atleast give us something to do in AoE situations. Right now its not worth doing anything but tunnel the boss, not because we are the best ST spec, but because we can't do anything but survive and do above average ST. AP might have been bad gameplay, but the talent is just going to make the spec more clunky across the board and not fix the issue at all. Even if our single target becomes the worst in the game, we will continue to stick on the boss because we can't do anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Azone View Post
    Been testing this on the PTR since it came out. Huge DPS loss. 150-200k lower on all my tests. Tried multiple gear setups, rotations, etc.
    the DPS loss will be made up for with an overall buff to sin rogues dmg. They are current'y just testing the play style of the whole thing, not the total dmg output. My assumption is that they will buff us so that its just below what AP was giving us.
    My biggest concern is going to be if all our Mastery gear goes out the window or not and bleed becomes king again. which would then mean, hello Vers/crit again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tier539 View Post
    I wish Blizzard would have taken this time to solve the glaring issues with the spec right now. They could have given us a on demand AoE, even if it wasn't bursty, it would atleast give us something to do in AoE situations.
    Sometimes I wish we got Tempest back, especially considering it still fits right in with our bleed and poison playstyle.

Quote Originally Posted by prollfin View Post
    I was so glad when I could drop Exsanguinate back in October. But here it comes: Exsanguinate's poisoned brother...

No matter how much damage it does. I don't want another out-of-sync debuff with a <60 second cooldown.
    Totally agree with this. Hate these short/moderate CD abilities. Such a pain. I'd love to get rid of AP, but not with this.