Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lets invite this 882 guy that doesnt play at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedlance View Post
    Hey

I recently took a 6 month break from wow because I got hooked a bit on Overwatch, and I wanted to play a little d3, so I kinda let wow go for a bit.
    I've since returned to wow, in a more casual way, but I'd still like to do things in game with involves raids or higher tier mythic dungeons.

I understand the path of progression and I shouldn't expect to raid mythic guldan as soon as I rejoined the game.
    But when I find myself struggling to get into regular mythic groups, it discourages me into even try to ask for groups for mythic+ or raids.
    I see stuff like "900+ for mythic+ 6", which is very insane. I understand the speed element of mythic+, but come on, the same goes for normal nighthold btw, 900+?
    I remember a post from a blizzard employee about the wq rewards and it should give you ilvl enough do nighthold normal.

Is 882 ilvl with 38 artifact traits really not good enough for mythic +6, nighthold normal and regular mythics?
    Am I just another lower ilvl DPS in a unlimited pool of 900+ super experienced dpsers?

I understand that this is player set rules and people decide exactly what they want for their raids but don't you remove 95% of the playerbase by having such restrictions?
    If anyone has any tips on how to get into groups for this (I've tried starting my own but nobody joins or I never get tanks/healers).
    From my point of view for a 6+ I wouldn't take you, HOWEVER, that is only because, I'm at 890 and I want all the gear the 920's dont want......, No seriously, the only reason I wouldn't take you is because I've done very few keystones since 7.2 launched, I know they've been buffed to match ilvls etc and I'm still getting my head what ilvl matches up to what dungeons. And it really doesnt fucking help when I get 890s from a mythic 2 and 875 or something from 6's.

If I was going into a NH normal, I'd take you,

What I would suggest to you, ignore the advice about nethersharm farming, it's a waste of time and ridiclous time consuming in ratio to how many you need and what you get.

Set up your own EN Normal and heroic runs, take 880s+ to both and call it a quick legendary run. After you've done those form your own NH runs and do the same for normal. You'll catch up gear wise soon enough,

I do that each week on two characters, sometimes three. One of which was really low, but also don't be a complete ass hat, take 3-4 other people in your position, cause you know karma

Quote Originally Posted by Ceasah View Post
    Lets invite this 882 guy that doesnt play at all.
    Or we could be a cunt on the forums for a guy asking advice! Oh wait....

Edit OP:

As to what some people are saying about nethershards and 880 gear being the only way, it isn't. My priest is now sat at 895 with one legendary, I've done 4 EN normals and Hcs on her, 1 NH normal and HC. She doesn't have a single piece of dauntless gear
    Last edited by Rotted; 2017-05-19 at 07:43 PM.

You can't get 895 in a few days by nethershards or by any means unless you got boosted.. Also I did mention that I tried making a group but no healer or tank joins, so what can I do.
    Nethershard farm means 880+ items, an artifact has about ilvl 903 with three 880 relics. Add 2 legendaries with ilvl 940 and the rest of your gear 880 gives you an ilvl of 889. It doesn't take that many Nethershard items to titanforge to get 895.

As for getting groups, unfortunately as dps you really are

just another lower ilvl DPS in a unlimited pool of 900+
    Make friends with a tank/healer, find a guild.

Queuing for +5 keys might be easier than +6 and higher. Pretty much every fresh +2 keys gets 3chested, so most of the +5 keys might be in the hands of players just like you.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anyone has any tips on how to get into groups for this (I've tried starting my own but nobody joins or I never get tanks/healers).
    What do you expect really? There is a shitton of ilvl 900+ DPS. Why take anything less than that when people literally throw themselves at your group.

Tip? Either make your own groups or roll a tank - tanks are in high demand and things like lower ilvl are easily overlooked there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Or we could be a cunt on the forums for a guy asking advice! Oh wait....
    He is completely right, when you have a sea of damage dealers queuing, I see no reason to take anything like that. Charity?

seen too many people who do 200k dps with 890 ilvl+, so yeah.

ilevel really means jack shitall after a certain point.

It means something if you're a fresh 110 in that LFgroups aren't going to want to carry you through mythic+, but it also means nothing in that higher ilevel isn't an indicator of skill. I've outDPSed people up to 15 ilevels higher than I am with the same spec and talents, and I currently outDPS people on my relatively fresh SP. I also get trounced on the meters occasionally, so it all balances out.

The golden rule is "gear will come and go, just don't be a dick for no reason" -- which apparently a few people in this thread have forgotten. 882 is fine for mythic+ and more than fine for NH, so all you've avoided in the groups that won't take you is a bunch of dipshits who were probably wiping to mechanics when they were around 882 themselves.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

Deleted
    Make your own groups and invite people based on your own definition of fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    In order to do this you'd need to get titanforged on all pieces, get 2 legendaries, get 3 relics of different kinds, etc, thats a lot of things to go right and a lot of items in 5-6 days. I'm not saying I don't believe you but people claim a lot of things to bash someone who has a opinion about something
    It's not exactly bashing to tell you that you can in fact get more geared than you think faster than you have been, I know as I've done it. Frankly I don't care if you believe me or not, I'll just be sitting here playing my druid who hit 110 last month, and already has the artifact challenge done because broken shore gearing is nuts.

I thought about getting a guild, I'm willing to progress for my gear but i feel like I'm to low ilvl to do anything and I don't know who'd pick up a late bloomer like myself
    There is plenty of heroic only or casual guilds out there. If you can commit to someone's raid times, and show up - someone will want you. It's the best way to start m+ groups too. Just be honest about where your at, look up some things to improve play, and enjoy the ride.

That's if you're tired of the pug life. Also while you can easily catch up gear, also make sure you're always keeping up with AK gains. AP 30 anything is very low at this point. That will also help a little.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Lmfao my friend, im an ilvl 915+ rogue in a top 10 US guild and i get declined from M+ 10 and below all the time because im not the right face roll AoE dps, even though i would probably do far more on trash pulls than the majority of pug people. To be fair i rarely pug anything, but ill jump in normal night holds and lower M+ groups just to play (because thats what i enjoy doing). Join a guild, make some friends, and try to be part of your local server community, most people who make random groups on raid finder or the in game system are stupid af, but they did increase the difficulty of M+ in 7.2, so 882 is actually pretty low now.

Go to the broken shore, get some relinquished stuff, make groups, play with friends, join a guild. This makes life much easier.

Just people being retarded
    You can easily get keystone master and curve with 870 ilvl
    But the average pug is just bad,so people take pugs who overgear content

MY newly dinged alt is 887 and with less than 10 hours of total game play. Most of which I afked

I was in the same situation one month ago when I rejoined the game. Know what I did?

I created my own groups. Got my guldan hc one week later and now I geared myself enough to start raiding mythic again

P.S.: Don't expect red carpets to roll your way, roll one yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't necessary want higher-level content. Apply everywhere, there's an overwhelming amount of groups out there. Do old raids, you'll get some drops there (don't hesitate to ask) and boost your legendary chances. Farm nethershards to fill every slot with 880+. Things might be slow for a few weeks, but eventually you'll be 890-895 and it'll be much easier to find groups for actual content.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    don't you remove 95% of the playerbase by having such restrictions?
    Well then I guess 95% of the player base are shitters.

And why would you ever want a shitter in your group?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

I don't disagree with their logic but doesn't people see that this is why the pop drops towards the end of an expansion and then bumps up again at the start of a new one, because if you fall out you get destroyed and all the mid tier content is unavailable because of gear restrictions put up by the players.
    This is how some animals works, if you don't control the food supply they will eat it all and kill them self.
    It isn't that your item level is too low, it is that a dozen people 20 to 30 item levels higher will also sign up for the group. While you can get into a group and do fine with an 880 item level, you are going to be beaten out by the people that eclipse your item level. Your best hope is having a class that they want to fit their group or you can /w the lead when you sign up and go from there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Just people being retarded
    You can easily get keystone master and curve with 870 ilvl
    But the average pug is just bad,so people take pugs who overgear content
    When you post a group in LFR and 3 ppl over 910 sign up and an 880 signs up the 880 doesn't stand a chance.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hilaw View Post
    seen too many people who do 200k dps with 890 ilvl+, so yeah.
    i do 300k+ on my 866 Fury warrior alt, so this is hilarious

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Not so hilarious when having to deal with it every group lol. It's sad watching pugs do terrible with such good gear. Even more sad when I fully understand a spec and can see exactly what they're doing wrong. I've tried to throw tips and suggestions in a whisper like better talents to use or a simple rotational change but it usually ends in being ignored or being called an elitist asshole for "telling them how to play". Even worse are people who die to the same mechanics over and over.

But heck as a 902 warrior (shows up as 906 in group finder) that can burst pretty damn high most trash pulls and do 800K-1mil dps on decently short boss fights without much struggle I still get declined for anything above +9 pugs. It's rare that I get outdpsed by really any ilvl but it's always above having ridiculously high ilvl over the content you're doing.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2017-05-19 at 08:18 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    and sadly very true. We were short for our mythic NH this Tuesday so we pugged in 2 ppl and just 19 manned the first 4. One of the pugs was a 905 DH that didn't break 400k on any fight and was sub 200 on 2.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    and sadly very true. We were short for our mythic NH this Tuesday so we pugged in 2 ppl and just 19 manned the first 4. One of the pugs was a 905 DH that didn't break 400k on any fight and was sub 200 on 2.
    Similar with us.

We pugged a 905 warlock which looks fine on paper except he had no enchants or gems, he couldn't DPS his way out of a paper bag, and he literally walked off the platform a minute or two into the Gul'dan fight. I assume by accident, but who knows these days.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.