Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    And your decision to ignore what went down in the former Soviet Union and other Iron Curtain countries shows how biased you are.

The murders done in the name of atheism far eclipsed WWII casualties, and the Crusades (on every side), combined.
    I agree, religion is indeed as bad as tyrannical regimes based on shady ideology. Thanks for the support.

Just as those regimes were eradicated, so will one day we will rid ourselves of another equally shitty thing from the past.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-05-23 at 01:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Oh please. Like Hitler, Mussolini, or Stalin committed all of their terrible acts in the name of superstition/religion.

What an ignorant comment to make.
    xD I love when ppl give the same example in their 'defense' of religion.

Should I start pulling the millions of examples of barbaric acts through religion then? There is plenty of source material throughout history, we can see who wins

Religion = brainwash = unhealthy

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I agree, religion is indeed as bad as tyrannical regimes based on shady ideology. Thanks for the support.
    Every government that refused to have Freedom of Religion and insisted on atheism was more vile that governments that were religious based.
    Just as those regimes were eradicated, so will one day we will rid ourselves of another equally shitty thing from the past.
    Religion/spiritual beliefs are making a comeback in those countries where said regimes once existed. So don't hold your breath.

Superstition. The greatest flaw of humanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Religion/spiritual beliefs are making a comeback in those countries where said regimes once existed. So don't hold your breath.
    It's ok, in the end knowledge and science will win over this shit, just like we got over Middle Ages, humanity will overcome those who try to keep us in the Middle Ages.

I won't live to see it, but it will happen.

wow... all this hate...

come on people its their religion... and someone told this dude to do it...

be a bit more open minded and let them come to your countries so they learn better

Well... was he cured ?

It's ok, in the end knowledge and science will win over this shit, just like we got over Middle Ages, humanity will overcome those who try to keep us in the Middle Ages.

I won't live to see it, but it will happen.
    People have been saying that sort of thing since the 19th century...and science and religion seem to have blended well enough despite the backward steps taken on either side.