Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blood DK casual running M+ 10 - 15 what legs

Hi there. If you have all legs available as Blood DK what whould you pick to run Mythic+?

Icy Veins says shoulders, bracers, belt and i see posts here about rings and boots.

Also for a 905 ilvl dk what is your average dps in dungeons guys? Mine feels so low...

If anybody cares to leave some trinket sugestions feel free. Thank you.

Deleted
    As Long as i dont struggle with survivability i use sephuz + boots. the high movement Speed and the ability to proc sephuz on CD are awesome in dungeons. you could make a second set and switch to shoulders + wrists for bosses to increase dps/surv.

For very high keys i'd probably use the belt because VB would be up for nearly every pack.

Same trinkets as always. Haste / vers stat sticks, arcano, chrono, Memento etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirava View Post
    Hi there. If you have all legs available as Blood DK what whould you pick to run Mythic+?

Icy Veins says shoulders, bracers, belt and i see posts here about rings and boots.

Also for a 905 ilvl dk what is your average dps in dungeons guys? Mine feels so low...

It really depends on how difficult you find the M+ to be. I personally enjoy running Sephuz and Bracers in M+, as more Death Strikes is more important to me than larger death strikes (especially because Vampiric Blood is available at least once every trash pack), and Sephuz is extremely powerful in M+ because you get a mini-Heroism every single trash pack (and also makes Blooddrinker even stronger). That being said, I will drop Sephuz for the Belt when content gets hard enough that I need Vampiric Blood up more often. Shoulders are fine, but because BDKs get carried by VB in M+, and because Bracers have great synergy with Red Thirst, I find Bracers to be slightly better. I have a set that I equip when running between packs (e.g. running around HoV or VoW) that uses Boots, Sephuz, and 16k Haste, and I run ~160% speed with Bone Shield up. I don't use that set in combat because it's very inefficient (and it doesn't use 4-set), but it's perfectly fine for running in circles and whining about DK mobility.

As for trinkets, I use DPS trinkets regardless of the situation. Memento/Chrono are probably the best (RPPM is better than flat stats like stat sticks if you have time between pulls), but use whatever you have.

One of the benefits of running as a BDK in M+ is that you are extremely self-sufficient to the point that your healer can spend time DPSing instead of healing you for most M+, which makes up for your lower DPS (when compared to other similarly skilled/geared tanks of other classes, like Warrior). If you can train your healer to look at your RP in addition to your health (e.g. they don't need to spam you if you're spiking when you're sitting at full RP), you'll be in good shape.
    B.Net: Tehr#1477 | Discord: Tehr#5246 | Stream | Guild Website | List of characters
    Raid CD Tracker (#1 on wago.io): Tehr's RaidCDs, ExternalCDs, UtilityCDs, ImmunityCDs, AoECCs, RezCDs, & Interrupts

Thank you both. Great advice.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I always use DPS trinkets for the most part. Chrono shard, memento, gnarled root (or trinkets like it) are all pretty good DPS options. Gnarled root actually does a decent amount of damage, and while not M+, you'll seem the pop up from time to time as one of the more commonly used trinkets in blood DK DPS logs. I've never thought of using traditional tank trinkets in M+, and the only time I've used them ever this expansion was on Mythic Gul'dan. Basically just look for a strength RPPM trinket, or a stat stick strength trinket with haste or something on.

Optimally you would have several different sets going if you have them all.

Running between packs: Sephuz and Boots
    Trash packs: Sephuz, Bracers, Shoulders, Belt, Trinket
    Bosses: Sephuz, Bracers, Shoulders, Trinket
    Necrotic: Cape + any of the above, depending on scenario

For bosses that you can't proc Sephuz on you would just remove it from the options. Although it was my first legendary I don't think the belt is all that necessary. Shoulders are great but I generally run with sephuz and bracers on bosses or trash packs (on grounds you can proc sephuz on the boss). I'd look at shoulders more in M+ but I also have the fortunate/unfortunate luck of having 925 tier shoulders.

I'll use the tank trinket a lot too, it does an amazing amount of ST damage, but only if you can actually use the entire effect. You'll have high tyrannical bosses chew through it fairly quickly, while it's not really a good option on lower keys. A lot of bosses do offer you the opportunity to stand in some bad stuff to get the effect to go off. Mine will explode for around ~3.5 million for instance, which is pretty good.

Only ones I left out are the class specific ring, pants and prydaz. They are all okay on their own, but I think they are just outclasses by the other ones in any categories they compete with.

I use the belt for high VB availability and Prydaz for even more effective health.

Sephuz and Boots with stacking high crit and haste.

For DPS, I use Shoulders + KJBW/AHR (KJBW for trash, AHR for Bosses)

For survivability Shoulders + Belt

If I'm not running any of the leggo trinkets, I use 880 Arcanocrystal + 885 Memento.

ilvl 910 Blood (42), I use boots+belt for maximum runnspeed between trash clears. I cant even imagine doing arcway without that speed anymore.
    I use max AoE-DPS Trinkets while tanking Terrorbound Nexus (arcway) and Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid (NH).

I try to hold my ST DPS at ~500k DPS without pot/flask and AoE peaks are in the 1.5-2.5 mio DPS range.

Terrorbound Nexus is just crazy, most of the time its just a bit under my BloodBoil damage done for a whole instance.

Just try out aggramars boots with the crafting belt, beeing fast(est) in a dungeon makes tanking way more enjoyable.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    ilvl 910 Blood (42), I use boots+belt for maximum runnspeed between trash clears. I cant even imagine doing arcway without that speed anymore.
    I use max AoE-DPS Trinkets while tanking Terrorbound Nexus (arcway) and Claw of the Crystalline Scorpid (NH).

I try to hold my ST DPS at ~500k DPS without pot/flask and AoE peaks are in the 1.5-2.5 mio DPS range.

Terrorbound Nexus is just crazy, most of the time its just a bit under my BloodBoil damage done for a whole instance.

Just try out aggramars boots with the crafting belt, being fast(est) in a dungeon makes tanking way more enjoyable.
    907 Blood (52 yes concordance)

I run boots and sephuz for trash as it double dips boots for more mobility I also run this with 4set and almost 14k+ haste with a nexus equipped
    I also have same ilvl rings that have speed instead of a socket or 2 in it because it doesnt diminish from boots

You can also proc it and gear swap if your fast enough you almost get entire proc

on bosses i gearswap macro to shoulders/wrists and main gearset / or ST gear or just dependant on how difficult it will be

The belt loses too much value on chain pulling trash.

Trinkets you should just default to dps trinkets like memento/chrono etc high ilvl stat stick and Terrorbound Nexus. Also for pure defensive just use darkmoon card but get a gearswap going so you do it before hard trash.

Terrorbound nexus OP is good claw is bad and is rarely worthwhile

Heres why :

Claw hits less than it stats on tooltip (also has way smaller range)

Terrorbound Nexus actually hits harder than it states on tooltip and hits twice and has a better range

I did some straight up test for 30min straight hitting shit

860 nexus would hit 200k and crit 400k

905 Claw would hit 145k and crit a pitiful amount

But yes all in all mobility is king

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    You should use legends that suit your likes play style and build (talents and relics wise)

It also depends on the dungeon you're running, some you want more survivability others you can go DPS.
    And also the rune on your weapon, to me I always prefer survivability, I can 3 chest every dungeon with just about average dpsers and healer in group.. so I don't need to try hard to DPS, cause I'm a tank not a dpser

I user the 5% stats rune, I found it to give me a lot more survivability and overall less wipes and smoother runs
    People say the frozen rune is best, I disagree, the little boost in your DPS won't make a dam difference.

Deleted
    I agree with iNuke^

Quote Originally Posted by squee666 View Post
    860 nexus would hit 200k and crit 400k

905 Claw would hit 145k and crit a pitiful amount
    What about the overall DPS though ? Because, you know, the proc rate may not be the same for every trinket.

Boots and Sephuz, it sucks to be slowest person in your group when you are supposed to be the first one at the target. This fixes this nicely, though depending on the suffix I'd probably change to others if I had them .

Quote Originally Posted by Kirava View Post

hmm hard to say im 910 eq most of the time, with 52 points in weapon. Doing around 500k dps on single boss in M+ farmgear
    AE its between 800 -1.5m depending on packsize.

As to legs: 10 -12: i run with sephus + aggramar. Trinkets are draught of souls and scorpid claw
    12 -15: using belt instead of aggramar, change draught (to dangerous to use often) to chronoshard
    15+: debpends on week, and my rotten luck that i don't have the bracers or shoulders...
    trinkets in full tank are still chrono shard and scorpid or haste stat stick....

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Boots and Sephuz, it sucks to be slowest person in your group when you are supposed to be the first one at the target. This fixes this nicely, though depending on the suffix I'd probably change to others if I had them .
    Use KJBW/sephuz, make a macro to swap to boots/sephuz between pulls, use another macro to go back to your trinket/sephuz setup. Does no one else do this?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use to use it, but it's not always worth the hassle. Swapping between trinkets puts on use trinkets like KJBW on a 30 second CD, and depending on the level, packs don't even last that long. So I speed up to a pack using my combo, swap before combat and the pack lasts super short not even allowing me to use the trinket. I can either advance to the next pack using that trinket (slower because I don't have aggramars on), or I can just swap back to my speed set and just perpetually be in a cycle of waiting for KJBW off CD while swapping.

Not saying it's bad but I don't know how worth it is.

What level are you doing where packs are that short?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anywhere from 10-17. Largely depends on your comp and if it's fortified or tyrannical. If it's tyrannical week you can blow up packs with a good AoE comp in less than 30 seconds.