Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why the fuck did they cut Wrathion from this expansion

This is a guy (or a dragon) who's been warning us about the fucking Legion since MoP. Now the Legion is finally here and he's nowhere to be seen.

I just saw a video that showed Ebyssian in Highmountain was originally Wrathion. And Brann was there too and he told him he only helped Garrosh because he was supposed to lead the Iron Horde against the Legion, not to invade Azeroth. SEE, that's important fucking plot information that players should know. As of now, how the game is in live, we still don't fucking know why Wrathion helped Garrosh escape.

Also why the fuck would they remove an awesome character we already know and replace him with a generic ass black dragon nobody gives a shit about?

Honestly I don't get what the fuck Blizzard is thinking sometimes.

15+ Year Old Account
    I believe they removed him because him being Ebonhorn really didn't make any sense. Wrathion is pretty much still a child. Ebonhorn has a history with the Highmountain tribes. I agree with his removal there, but he really should be all over this expansion considering this is what he's been warning us about since MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    I believe they removed him because him being Ebonhorn really didn't make any sense. Wrathion is pretty much still a child. Ebonhorn has a history with the Highmountain tribes. I agree with his removal there, but he really should be all over this expansion considering this is what he's been warning us about since MoP.
    Well shit... Thanks.. now I had to delete me answer! hehe

But yes, that is actually what they explained. Wrathion wouldn't be fitting there, as well, Wrathion's need to kill his own flight.. is kindda not good to merge with a cleansed black flight existance.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They're not smart enough to write a character like Wrathion.

7+ Year Old Account
    This is the main reason I did NOT buy Legion.

Idk Wrathion was one of the best original characters Blizzard made in a while and probably one of the best things to come out of MoP.

The fact he's absent makes me sad.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion pops up on Argus leading the Army of the Light... from another timeline.

Deleted
    I have a feeling that with Christie Golden taken on as assumably a new writer for Blizzard we'll see a lot more of Wrathion.

i think he will show up at the end of the expansion like doc in back to the future.

No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Did you just learn the word "fuck"?
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Maybe they are saving Wrathion for 8.0?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Because it didn't fit the story? It'll probably come in later, next expansion or so.

Also, fun side-note, I once saw someone mention that any time there's a thread with swearing in the title they immediately knew it would be @JustRob. I remembered it before clicking and laughed more than I should have. E: Found it here @Lewor thanks for the giggle. Had to check for myself:
    http://i.imgur.com/WohtYOy.png
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2017-05-27 at 12:57 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Did you just learn the word "fuck"?
    Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    This is a guy (or a dragon) who's been warning us about the hecking Legion since MoP. Now the Legion is finally here and he's nowhere to be seen.

I just saw a video that showed Ebyssian in Highmountain was originally Wrathion. And Brann was there too and he told him he only helped Garrosh because he was supposed to lead the Iron Horde against the Legion, not to invade Azeroth. SEE, that's important hecking plot information that players should know. As of now, how the game is in live, we still don't cucoo-ing know why Wrathion helped Garrosh escape.

Also why the fudge would they remove an awesome character we already know and replace him with a generic ass black dragon nobody gives a shit about?

Honestly I don't get what the frick Blizzard is thinking sometimes.
    Fixed for ya.

Because why the fuck would Wrathion be disguised as the Spiritwalker of a Tauren clan that had been around forever? That doesn't even make sense. They changed it to make it actually make sense and he wouldn't have even done anything in the expansion anyway. Do you see Ebonhorn doing anything? No. Wrathion would have been like "Hey let's cleanse these eggs, btw Garrosh was supposed to beat the Legion not you lul" and then we wouldn't have seen him all expansion anyway. Probably would send us on a WQ to get Anduin's nudes and bring them back to him. But he was barely born. He's a baby. He wouldn't have been able to infiltrate a Tauren clan and become their most trusted adviser/Spiritwalker. Quit whining about them not deciding to shove a character down our throats where he didn't belong.

Wrathion has nothing much to offer against the Legion we did all his dirty work hes didn't do much himself.

It is weird that he spent all that time talking about the Legion in MoP and had us do so much LFR to prove to him that we could defy the Legion bla bla, and now here is the Legion but no Wrathion!

Quote Originally Posted by Andonais View Post
    Wrathion has nothing much to offer against the Legion we did all his dirty work hes didn't do much himself.
    Yeah what is he supposed to do anyway? He had his chance to try to do something. His decision to let Garrosh go free and remake the Iron Horde was his plan and it failed horribly because WHY THE FUCK DID HE THINK GARROSH WOULDN'T GO ON A RAMPAGE AND TRY TO KILL US FOR BEATING HIM. For a supposedly super smart dragon they've sure made him look like an idiot.

He doesn't have anything to offer us. He gave us a cloak in MoP, told us about the Legion, then created plot for the worst expansion thus far. He's one baby black dragon. We've killed Onyxia, Nefarian twice, and Deathwing. Black dragons obviously aren't all that great. It would take an army to beat the Legion. An army that we already have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    Also, fun side-note, I once saw someone mention that any time there's a thread with swearing in the title they immediately knew it would be @JustRob. I remembered it before clicking and laughed more than I should have. E: Found it here @Lewor thanks for the giggle. Had to check for myself:
    http://i.imgur.com/WohtYOy.png
    Every thread does kind of read like the clickbait you find on facebook

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard does weird things with lore.

Deleted
    Wrathion is in Legion

When Chronormu and an adventurer discovered that the former was going to die in the near future, they began searching for clues to who could be behind her assassination across the future Dragonshrines in Dragonblight. At the pathway leading into the Obsidian Dragonshrine they found Wrathion, who was bemused by demons occupying the shrine even though the dragons had abandoned it for some years, musing that his father would never have approved. Chromie and the adventurer confronted Wrathion, thinking he may have known something, and Wrathion was ashamed that Chromie suspected him simply for being a black dragon. As Wrathion explained, he knew nothing about the attack and was simply visiting Northrend for "[his] own amusement", but was surprised to see a demonic infestation at the Obsidian Dragonshrine. He reminded Chromie and the adventurer that if they were looking for someone who might take umbrage at a dragon, they should start with the Burning Legion. Chromie agreed that Wrathion made a fair point and the two of them left him to search inside the dragonshrine.