Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Hey, remember CLOCK BOY?

Well a federal judge just said he's full of shit.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...y-lawsuit.html

EXCLUSIVE: Judge dismisses 'clock boy' lawsuit saying the school didn't discriminate against Ahmed Mohamed when the Muslim teen's teacher called the police because she thought he made a bomb

A federal judge ruled both the city of Irving, Texas and the school district do not owe damages to Ahmed Mohamed's family
    In 2015 his teacher at MacArthur High School called the police because she thought a clock Ahmed made was a ticking bomb
    Ahmed's father, Mohamed Mohamed, filed a lawsuit claiming his son's Fifth Amendment rights were violated by the arrest
    Court documents obtained by DailyMail.com reveal the case was dismissed because the judge said there was no proof of 'racial or religious' discrimination

Everyone knew he was full of shit, some just felt the need support him because of his skin color and religion.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Everyone knew he was full of shit, some just felt the need support him because of his skin color and religion.
    Yep, /thread

15+ Year Old Account
    This is politics why?

15+ Year Old Account
    I hope the lawsuit cost them a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    And Microsoft showered him with gifts. See, it pays to be a good actor.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure how I should feel about this until Mark Dice tells me.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Not sure how I should feel about this until Mark Dice tells me.
    I'm sure it's somehow Obama's fault.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    The lawsuit dismissal just said the school's reaction wasn't discriminatory.

It did not say that the whole thing was a hoax or that the school's response was appropriate. Let's not make this more than it actually is.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised, schools are suspending kids for cutting paper into a gun shape, arresting a kid for bringing a clock to school fits logically with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    After the school shootings and bombings in the 90's, I was in detention. I took a bunch of paper clips off the teachers desk, and started wrapping them around my pencil into coils. I was bored, and this amused me.

At one point the teacher asks me what I am doing. I sarcastically told him I was making a bomb. The teacher leaves the room and returns moments later with the police that the school kept on the grounds as security. I was pulled out of detention and given a stern talking to about making bomb threats. I was lucky that the teacher was also my soccer coach, and knew I was not serious, but the threat had to be taken serious due to the situations that had recently occurred.

I could have sued, I could have complained. But I did not. I didn't think about the implications of my statement at the time, but it made perfect sense to me once I was spoken to about it.

What i'm getting at is that instead of being offended, or felt discriminated against, perhaps they could have taken the time to understand that now may not be the right time to be making something that looks like a bomb when bombings are an issue.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It didn't even say it wasn't discriminatory, only that there was no evidence of that fact presented in the lawsuit for them to consider.
    Precisely, proving discrimination beyond a reasonable doubt in this scenario would be extremely difficult. Of course it got thrown out.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I'm sure it's somehow Obama's fault.
    Thanks, Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    I am ACTUALLY ASKING for them to ban me and relieve me from the misery of this thread.

People are so fucking stupidly litigious these days, but on the other hand they're also so fucking paranoid. We used to dink around with things in class that would probably have a SWAT team descend on us these days, all because some snowflake got his boxers in a wad.

Hell, coming from Dublin to Heathrow the last time was a nightmare because someone spotted me trying to charge my phone and thought I was up to no good. Dragged into a side room, asked what I was doing, had my suitcase gone through and my underwear scattered all over. Now I can look back and laugh but at the time it was terrifying.
    This concept of wuv confuses and infuriates us.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    After the school shootings and bombings in the 90's, I was in detention. I took a bunch of paper clips off the teachers desk, and started wrapping them around my pencil into coils. I was bored, and this amused me.

At one point the teacher asks me what I am doing. I sarcastically told him I was making a bomb. The teacher leaves the room and returns moments later with the police that the school kept on the grounds as security. I was pulled out of detention and given a stern talking to about making bomb threats. I was lucky that the teacher was also my soccer coach, and knew I was not serious, but the threat had to be taken serious due to the situations that had recently occurred.

I could have sued, I could have complained. But I did not. I didn't think about the implications of my statement at the time, but it made perfect sense to me once I was spoken to about it.

What i'm getting at is that instead of being offended, or felt discriminated against, perhaps they could have taken the time to understand that now may not be the right time to be making something that looks like a bomb when bombings are an issue.
    Sue a police officer because they told you not to joke about making bombs? Lol get the fuck over yourself.

You actually had more of a reason to be arrested than the boy in OP did. You made an actual bomb threat. The guy in the OP made a clock and never claimed it was a bomb.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Sue a police officer because they told you not to joke about making bombs? Lol get the fuck over yourself.
    I did...obviously...I didn't take any action and treated it maturely. Or did you only read the parts that could give you something the complain about?

" But I did not. I didn't think about the implications of my statement at the time, but it made perfect sense to me once I was spoken to about it."

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I did...obviously...I didn't take any action and treated it maturely. Or did you only read the parts that could give you something the complain about?

" But I did not. I didn't think about the implications of my statement at the time, but it made perfect sense to me once I was spoken to about it."
    You said you could have sued them.

Sorry, you can't sue someone for giving you a "stern talking to about making bomb threats". Especially when you made an actual bomb threats.

What would you sue them for?

Hey, as we are in full national stereotypes, is there anything more American than suing for millions on frivolous matters ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    You said you could have sued them.

Sorry, you can't sue someone for giving you a "stern talking to about making bomb threats". Especially when you made an actual bomb threats.

What would you sue them for?
    Suing doesn't mean you win. Just like clock boy. Just because you submit a law suit, it doesn't mean you automatically win.

"EXCLUSIVE: Judge dismisses 'clock boy' lawsuit saying the school didn't discriminate against Ahmed Mohamed when the Muslim teen's teacher called the police because she thought he made a bomb

A federal judge ruled both the city of Irving, Texas and the school district do not owe damages"

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Suing doesn't mean you win. Just like clock boy. Just because you submit a law suit, it doesn't mean you automatically win.

"EXCLUSIVE: Judge dismisses 'clock boy' lawsuit saying the school didn't discriminate against Ahmed Mohamed when the Muslim teen's teacher called the police because she thought he made a bomb

A federal judge ruled both the city of Irving, Texas and the school district do not owe damages"
    I didn't say suing means you iwn.

You can't sue someone for no reason. No court would look at a case that said "I'm suing this person because he told me not to make bomb threats after I made a bomb threat".

You had no grounds to sue in your situation. Ahmed had actual grounds to sue.