Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iNUKE View Post
    the wall
    So everyone is forced to start with the fucking garbage talent trees of vanilla even if they want to play the much better designed TBC right off the bat?

Everything needs to be separated just like private servers do.

My idea is even better; Don't waste resources and time pandering to people mentally stuck in 2004 when the game could be moving forward.

You people have your private servers to cirklejerk on about how "so much better!!!" the experience is...

7+ Year Old Account
    As someone who has played on "static" realms for Vanilla, TBC, and Wrath, I can assure you, you end up HATING that your mounts are not account wide, there are no heirlooms, walking til lvl 40 is not as fun as it sounded, and life without TMog is hardly a life. While your idea would be intriguing for a few months (at best), you will ultimately come back to retail for the achievements, unlimited gold, and god-like abilities of your class.

7+ Year Old Account
    He guaranteed it guys, no possible way it could fail!
    "I don't contemplate, I meditate, then off your fucking head" -Kendrick Lamar
    "If you have no sauce, then you're lost. But, you can also get lost in the sauce."-Gucci Mane
    "I'm too drunk to taste this chicken"-Colonel Sanders

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gushDH View Post
    So which patch do you stay at vanilla and each expansion? What skills do you have, the current ones or the ones you used to have? What you are basically saying is to have more than 50 versions of WoW in one, making the game about 300GB in size.
    Sorry if you don't simply understand my first post I'm not gonna bother detailing it any further, I think everything I said is self explanatory and pretty easy to comprehend?

If you stay in vanilla you stay in vanilla that's it.. the patch you play is always the last one that blizzard made for that expansion.. so whatever items, content, quests were in the last vanilla patch.

It's been a while since we've had a beyond stupid legacy thread. I was enjoying it too.
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

I'm glad it isn't going to happen legacy servers don't make sense sorry

Latest patch of the expansion? So right off the bat, you make the majority of legacy content obsolete. Aside from Vanilla (and even there you had ZG and some other stuff), you had catchup mechanisms in each expansion that allowed people to skip previous raids. And yay for the idea that Blizz should maintain 7 other versions of the game on top of the current one. The shareholders will love it, especially for a game that's bleeding subs like WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    In a blizzard meeting somewhere...

X: "Lets go over the latest figures for content eng.."

Y: "We should keep servers going for 7 expansions, add support for all of them, fragment the playerbase, add a whole new system in to support it. Someone guaranteed that it'd bring millions of players back".

X: "Great idea. You are CEO now. Make WoW great again!"

No way that's happening any time soon. A good amount of players leave during the end of an expansion and now you suggest that we prolong that forever? All that's going to achieve is eating up a lot of money to develop this new system which is then going to be more or less deserted as no one likes last-patch-of-the-expansion-purgatory.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just had the best idea for legacy servers - Blizzard read this quick!

Don't ever waste your money on creating them.

Best Idea they could ever hear.

Deleted
    As a vanilla-player it still baffles me why anyone would prefer to play the classes like they were back then with the flow we had back in the day.

IMO the only thing that disturbs me with post-cata content is the leveling speed; which quite honestly is just too fast to experience the whole deal.

This has the same consistency of the items I leave in the toilet.

Hey guys just thought about this godly idea for blizzard to make with legacy servers.

(check post #17 for copy/paste suggestion to blizzard)

My idea is:

When you log in you choose the mode you want to play (Storyline OR Normal)

If you choose Storyline mode, you will start in Vanilla at level 1.
    But as you progress and reach highest level of Vanilla you will be given the choice if you would like to continue progressing or stop leveling and stay in Vanilla.

If you choose to stay you will keep playing with other players in Vanilla, and everything like Vanilla, land, environment items, content, etc 100% Vanilla.
    If you choose to keep leveling and progress teh storyline, blizzard will log you off and you will be placed in TBC expansion.

And again, when you reach max level in TBC you will be given the choice to stay in TBC or continue progressing through the storyline into the WOTLK expansion.

And so on.. until the last expansion or whatever expansion you wanna stay playing in.

The land, environment, map, everything would change according to the last patch of that expansion.. so for example if you are in WOTLK expansion you would see the land pre cata, if you know what I mean.

Also Blizzard would start with only a few servers (just an example) 5 servers, 2 pvp 2 pve and 1 rp... so that the market and the servers are always extremely active, and maybe create more servers as more people play this mode.

This is also a great way for new wow players and vets to experience older expansions as the way I see it they are gold and are lost in the past without being used.

You dont even need to call it legacy mode, just call it Storyline Mode!

Blizzard should do this immediately the return flux of players would be of millions and most of them would keep playing and stay subbed I guarantee
    Yeah but what would Blizzard gain by having this?
    Most likely very littel yet they'll have to remake much of the old expantions and get a huge team to make it work.

No, it's not a good idea. Sorry.

Sorry if you don't simply understand my first post I'm not gonna bother detailing it any further, I think everything I said is self explanatory and pretty easy to comprehend?

If you stay in vanilla you stay in vanilla that's it.. the patch you play is always the last one that blizzard made for that expansion.. so whatever items, content, quests were in the last vanilla patch.
    So you want to have 7 different versions of wow. That should be at least 100GB in size

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard could sell legacy accounts which would be the ones you login into storyline mode.

Different wow account than the regular wow, you would only need to download the missing content if you want to play on your legacy account.

Blizzard could also drop subscription cost if you just play on your legacy accounthe that would incentivate lots of people to play it. Like $9 a month +$35 for the legacy expac in US .. or $20 a month if you want both wow versions, or just the normal $15 if you only want the normal wow.

Blizzard could also allow people to transfer your character from storyline to the normal server once you reach max level and if you have the last expansion and it's subbed.. because many people grow an attachment to the character so I know many would love to continue the progress into the current expansion.

This mode would allow people to experience older content exactly the way it used to be and the story progressed, its not only for those who wanna play older expansions but also for those who want to progress as the story and wow evolved.
    Last edited by iNUKE; 2017-05-24 at 01:29 PM.

Deleted
    i had a better idea, dont open legacy servers, and stop making 50 threads a week about it.

I seriously don't think staying in one era, one expansion, for such a long time will be healthy for the game, and as many others have said, will get dull/boring super fast. We had 14 months of Siege of Orgrimmar.... imagine 14 months of Vanilla end game. Now imagine 3 years of it.
    Problems with WoW: No server communities, too much cross-realm crap, too many raiding difficulties, guilds don't matter anymore.
    Fix it: Limit server transfers, merge more servers, reduce raiding to 2 difficulties (N/H, 10/25), bring raiding back to guilds again (limit # of cross-realm players in your group). #MakeWoWGreatAgain

This whole vanilla server idiocy needs to stop.

The problem with this idea is that you heavily start to seperate the playerbase into all kind of different versions of WoW, which gets even worse when you have multiplide realms for it. And it sounds like it will cost Blizzard a lot to implement these wishes.

The 'best' idea is just to have seperate servers for each expansion being locked on the latest patch, with some progressive realms aswell. I doubt that this is expensive to do and it could bring in some profit, but the problem is that Blizzard doesn't like the idea of hurting the retail servers by pulling away its playerbase. This idea is best suited when WoW has ran its course and remains on maintenance mode, with no new content patches.

Why did you make the bold claim that your explanation was already sufficient and you wouldn't explain any further, and then proceed to give further details on it as was requested? I'm going to need to see more confidence and consistency before I can back your idea 100%.