An idea for doom

So when I play demo I often find myself wishing doom didn't take so long to tick bc of how many short lived mobs there are in dungeons and the open world so my idea is that doom could have a forced tick at execute range like 20% that would give good short term burst dmg on low health monsters thoughts?
    Last edited by Mjordan887; 2017-05-28 at 01:27 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mjordan887 View Post
    So when I play demo I often find myself wishing doom didn't take so long to tick bc of how many short lived mobs there are in dungeons and the open world so my idea is that doom could have a forced tick at execute range like 20% that would give good short term burst dmg on low health monsters thoughts?
    That won't work - because on Bosses or anything with large HP pools, it will tick insta at <20% and you'll be there just spamming doom. It's as easy as "when a creature with Doom on it dies, you get 1 soul shard". That way it's just a QoL change and a way for demon to snipe some shards a la Drain Soul/Shadowburn.

No no not like that it ticks one time when a mobs hits 20% one time tick when it has doom on it and it's health hits the 20%mark don't effect boss dps really at all other the may e 1 extra tick

Deleted
    I have a Warlock alt and Doom indeed seems kinda weird in situations where mobs don't live that many seconds, like World content and dungeon trash.

Having Doom instantly trigger when the affected enemy drops below 20%, not always trigger as long as it remains low health a la execute style, sounds fun. However, being able to constantly generate endless Soul Shards during trash pack fighting in dungeons sounds broken.
    It may also make it too similar to Shadowburn in world content.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ckaelir View Post
    I have a Warlock alt and Doom indeed seems kinda weird in situations where mobs don't live that many seconds, like World content and dungeon trash.

Having Doom instantly trigger when the affected enemy drops below 20%, not always trigger as long as it remains low health a la execute style, sounds fun. However, being able to constantly generate endless Soul Shards during trash pack fighting in dungeons sounds broken.
    It may also make it too similar to Shadowburn in world content.
    For Demo? Not broken at all. You get 1 Soul Shard every Shadowbolt, with enough haste 1 SB = 1GCD. 1 Doom = 1 GCD so it's nearly the same, but you can put Doom on an add that's dying before your SB would end casting+travelling time. It's really not that broken, Demonology has a steady and easy income of shards. But yeah, it's too similar to Shadowburn. In fact... I've always wondered WHY Doom is still in Demonology kit. It doesn't seem to fit in. I, personally, would revamp it or cut it. Either do another completely different thing (like the spawning 1 imp from the talent, baseline, then 2 imps with the talent) so it fits better Demo.

I'll pass on that idea since that's the least problematic aspect of our specialization.

Just spam demonwrath if the adds die too quickly and dump the shards for HoG .

Homophobia is so gay.

So like an Execute?

if the mob is going to die quickly what if you just didnt cast doom?
    I dont see how this is different from affliction or destruction. If you're playing destro you arent required to immolate EVERYTHING. If ur affliction u dont have to have EVERY DOT on your target before you ua/reap/drain. If youre in a dungeon or m+ as demo you simply wont have the same up front damage as other classes, and its entirely worth playing affliction until higher level keys, when mobs DO take long enough for Doom to cycle.

I like the idea though, but i think its unnecessary and a piggy back on other classes burst. I think the primary target of Hand should have doom applied, and then HoD can still be a talent, but with +dmg/aoe% increase or something.