Comey To Testify President Trump Pressured Him to End Flynn Probe.

As per CNN via Talking Points Memo.

Ousted FBI Director James Comey plans to testify in public that President Donald Trump pressured him to quash the bureau’s investigation into Trump’s former national security adviser, CNN reported Wednesday afternoon, citing a “source close to the issue.”

Comey’s testimony could come as early as next week, but a date has not been finalized, according to CNN. The Senate Intelligence Committee’s co-chairs previously announced that they expected Comey to testify in public before the panel.

The New York Times reported earlier this month that Trump had asked Comey to shut down the FBI investigation into Michael Flynn the day after Flynn was ousted from his post as national security adviser. Comey documented the conversation in a contemporaneous memo that was shared with his inner circle at the bureau, according to the report.
    Cleek's Law

"Today’s conservatism is the opposite of what liberals want today, updated daily."

Shit's about to get real.

10+ Year Old Account
    So moving beyond the inevitable fake news and anonymous source comments -- what will Trump supports say when Comey does testify this?

Or is Obstruction of Justice a-ok now?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    So moving beyond the inevitable fake news and anonymous source comments -- what will Trump supports say when Comey does testify this?

They'll say that he's lying of course.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Pretty much this.

They'll say he's paid off by the DNC, or George Soros, or Hillary, or Bernie, or the undead ghost of Harambre - doesn't matter. They don't want to believe in something that makes them wrong because they would gladly let this country burn to the ground before they have to take a blow to their pride. Selfish interest is more important than reality! >_<

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's...unfortunate that people would choose to believe that the FBI head would lie under oath about something that there is a paper trail to confirm.

Not much hope for those people. They are the same people that think that Trump was telling the truth both times when he said climate change was a chinese hoax and that he never said climate change was a chinese hoax. I can't fathom holding on to that severe of a case of cognitive dissonance.

They could also say it's not obstruction because there was no criminal intent behind it.

Basically, President Trump was to ignorant to understand that what he was doing was obstruction of justice.
    Cleek's Law

"Today’s conservatism is the opposite of what liberals want today, updated daily."

10+ Year Old Account
    It would not necessarily be great news if he did.

It is possible Trump made demands of Comey that amount to obstruction of justice, but no charges have yet been filed. If Mueller is taking these allegations seriously, he might ask Comey not to comment on material evidence of an ongoing federal investigation.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PersephoneDankles View Post
    They could also say it's not obstruction because there was no criminal intent behind it.

Basically, President Trump was to ignorant to understand that what he was doing was obstruction of justice.
    His intent was obstruction.

He didn't accidentally ask Comey to stop the investigation.

The intent is clear, and like any other crime, ignorance is not an excuse.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Nurot View Post
    His intent was obstruction.

He didn't accidentally ask Comey to stop the investigation.

The intent is clear, and like any other crime, ignorance is not an excuse.
    The "LOL K GUYS HE HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE'S DOING, SO IT'S OK" defense is only going to hold up so long...

but yes, you can't accidentally obstruct justice. He may not have thought it was a crime, but if he did do that, he's guilty just the same.

I look forward to the cries switching from "FAKE NEWS!" to "COMEY IS A LIAR!" and "TRUMP'S PRESIDENT, HE CAN DO THAT!"

10+ Year Old Account

I mean on one level do you really care? I doubt theirs anything anyone could say that would convince and to give trump credit he knew this as well thats why he literally said he could shoot someone and his supporters wouldnt care. In the end though who really cares? Trump admitted he fired comey over the "whole russia thin" that alonenis admission of obstruction but with comeys testimony backing it up maybe youll have a better case for an actual trial.

15+ Year Old Account
    Clearly Comey is lying, and clearly he's just mad that Trump canned him, and clearly the DNC/George Soros/DNC shadow government just paid him to say it, and clearly the main stream media is all lying about this.

TRUMP DID NOTHING WRONG, LEAVE TRUMP ALONE!
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Clearly Comey is lying, and clearly he's just mad that Trump canned him, and clearly the DNC/George Soros/DNC shadow government just paid him to say it, and clearly the main stream media is all lying about this.

Trump did nothing wrong, you are all just covfefe!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I mean on one level do you really care?
    I find the pretzels folks twist themselves into to excuse the inexcusable rather fascinating...if not a bit distressing. It's kind of scary to see the levels of dissonance and ignorance people are willing to put themselves in to support their guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post

It all sounds so......
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.

I don't know who the fuck Comey is talking to, but CNN seems to have interviewed nearly everyone around him. His dad, his neighbor, his coworkers, some other relatives...Comey needs to shut the fuck up unless he's testifying before Congress, because it's going to compromise the investigation later if he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I don't know who the fuck Comey is talking to, but CNN seems to have interviewed nearly everyone around him. His dad, his neighbor, his coworkers, some other relatives...Comey needs to shut the fuck up unless he's testifying before Congress, because it's going to compromise the investigation later if he doesn't.
    Yea, he totally doesn't know how investigations work.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Yea, he totally doesn't know how investigations work.
    I'm sure he does, but that is irrelevant to my post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find the pretzels folks twist themselves into to excuse the inexcusable rather fascinating...if not a bit distressing. It's kind of scary to see the levels of dissonance and ignorance people are willing to put themselves in to support their guy.
    It's actually quite an amazing capacity even if it is potentially detrimental to the survival of the species. I mean at one point it had to or has to have some benefit. Actually even in the modern context it does. These people fell in line lock step behind trump. Remember the never trumpers? Yea they're dead and everyone fell in line. That's really easy to do when consistency isnt an issue.