Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vorti View Post
    The policy of burned ground ?( not sure of the word in english) Once the Alliance has the land, they could rebuilt it / heal it, even if it takes time. Without ennemies in the region, and with more stable alliance kingdome supplying the new kingdome, it wouldn't be that hard. More of that, the land is already destroyed for the most.
    If forsaken can't remove the Stronger blight, I doubt the alliance could either. Once you melt a couple of battalions I think the prospect of taking a kingdom that you never owned becomes more grim, not to mention you'd have the other horde races on your ass if you tried to turn around.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-05-29 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Auto correct
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    >I think anything can be healed in the Warcraft universe, Magic ( the wide sens of the word) follows no rules when it comes to writing.

>As for the hord, the golf is held by Kul'Tiras and Gilneas, and the Alliance would progress slowly to ensure their positions. And this progress is not in a row, the conquest of lordaeron follows à " cold War" when the Alliance rebuilt and enforce the back even more.

I admit this is quite a bit an alliance fanboy story, but a good story isn't always made out if equalities between factions. It will sadly never happen because of gameplay on wow.
    Last edited by mmoc65bb3ee933; 2017-05-29 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Actually i would remove forsaken as a playable race and kill every single one of them and make sylvanas be used as a slave to anduin ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)... so he can use her valkyr. Also reclaim Lordaeron where it rightfully should be.
    No one in the Alliance actually has a claim on Lordaeron. You can't reclaim things without a claim.

Also i would make any race other than goblins trolls tauren and orcs fuckoff out of the horde and reduce the blood elf popular by 100% and reclaim silvermoon for the highelves.
    Quel'thalas is a monarchy. Unless some random Sunstrider that does have a claim on the throne is one of the High Elves (which is rather unlikely for multiple reasons), High Elves don't have a claim on Quel'thalas. Same story as above.

Gilneas and gnomeregan also reclaimed.
    Genn abandoned Gilneas, turning it into terra nullius. That included abandoning any claims to the land. Same story as above.

Also teldrassil, azuremyst and bloodmyst would be the refuge for any horde races, then drop several mana bombs on them. Draenei and Night Elves will reclaim parts of kalimdor.
    Draenei are aliens to the world. Outside of Azuremyst and Bloodmyst, they have no claims on anything in Kalimdor. Same story as above.

Seriously, don't use words you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    What do you know, post four and its already bad fan fiction.
    At least it was new and refreshing! At least in the same way as Odyn having flaws is new and exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Yo, you can't expect anything better from angry alliance.
    Because you can't get any better than that, amirite?

LORDAERON :

THE burning topic of Azeroth geopolitic.
    -Gilnean, helped by Kul'Tiras ( "Kul'tiran"?) pour troops into the gilnean peninsula, and push back forsaken forces to the western shores of Lordamere Lake.
    How? By marching through the choke-point of Greymane Wall's gates, that would have been a meatgrinder even for the Forsaken had Garrosh have his way? And that's assuming the Forsaken haven't rebuilt the wall for their purposes.

-Dwarven and Stormwind forces retake the Arathi Highlands, Arathi foothills and Hillsbrad foothills : Dark iron, Bronzebeard ( and feal tribes), and Stormwind Humans from the tandhol bridge. Wildhammers go south from Aerie Peak. Dalaran ( purged of the hord filth) lands ( or flies to above) its former location.
    Again, how? Thandol Span is an even worse of a choke-point than Greymane Wall. And Forsaken can just blow it up.

> Stratholme is retaken by the Alliance, soon followed by Alterac. At this point the alliance controls southern Lordaeron, and has 6 of the 7 kingdomes ( new rulers are institued in the 2 restored kingdomes).
    And the Argent Crusade relinquishes control of Strahtholme, because? Also, there are three human kingdoms that need restoration and have no ruler right now, not two.

- A " cold war" ( as said in a previous post) begins, but with no wall. Forsaken are backed up by blood elves

> Forsaken surrend and Alliance finally achieves to retake Lordaeron. Forsaken flee to either : dragon isles or northrend. They establish new capital, regain strengh and dont annoy anyone anymore.
    You can't retake what was never yours. So how about it's the Alliance that doesn't annoy anyone anymore and drops the idea they have any right to Lordaeron?

The policy of burned ground ?( not sure of the word in english) Once the Alliance has the land, they could rebuilt it / heal it, even if it takes time. Without ennemies in the region, and with more stable alliance kingdome supplying the new kingdome, it wouldn't be that hard. More of that, the land is already destroyed for the most.
    And yet even the Forsaken don't know how to cleanse Southshore after they used a strain of Blight that was too strong. Also, the Alliance just marches through land covered in Blight and doesn't melt how? And how are the restored kingdoms supposed to be stable and able to supply anything when their populations have been decimated in recent years?

>I think anything can be healed in the Warcraft universe, Magic ( the wide sens of the word) follows no rules when it comes to writing.
    With time? Maybe. But when you spend that time surrounded by Blight, where even its fumes are toxic, your time is logically likely to run out sooner than the time you need to cleanse the land.

>As for the hord, the golf is held by Kul'Tiras and Gilneas, and the Alliance would progress slowly to ensure their positions. And this progress is not in a row, the conquest of lordaeron follows à " cold War" when the Alliance rebuilt and enforce the back even more.
    So they progress slowly and as such spend even more time in Blight lakes and somehow still don't melt. And even though the Alliance stretches their armies thin, despite them being able to capture Gilneas, the Horde can't achieve the same when they focus their fleet on one area, because reasons. The Horde also doesn't act during this cold war because more reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    > Stratholme is retaken by the Alliance, soon followed by Alterac. At this point the alliance controls southern Lordaeron, and has 6 of the 7 kingdomes ( new rulers are institued in the 2 restored kingdomes).
    And the Argent Crusade relinquishes control of Strahtholme, because? Also, there are three human kingdoms that need restoration and have no ruler right now, not two.
    Ouups, I meant Stromgard not stratholme.

As for the hord, there are two problems. First, the forsaken and the elves are very far from central Kalimdor, and even if integrated aren't considered as the core of the old clanic / tribal hord. Secondly, they are very far. Distances are a factor we tend to forget in wow with every téléportation ans summoning. Gathering troops, shipping them to EK can take months. And the hord won't send all its forces because they will surely be facing other thread, more direct.
    Eventualy, the hord will sens troops on EK, but surely not all it's might.

1 word: TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Genn abandoned Gilneas, turning it into terra nullius. That included abandoning any claims to the land. Same story as above.
    I don't Genn has relinquished any claims to Gilneas, in fact he still seems very adamant on wanting to retake Gilneas for well...the Gilneans.

However I don't see the Alliance ever retaking Gilneas with military power, it would logically have to be through diplomacy and with Genn taking a back seat in any and all negotiations.

That's just my interpretation of how Gilneas would be retaken by the Gilneans and the Alliance.

10+ Year Old Account
    LORDAERON :

THE burning topic of Azeroth geopolitic.
    -Gilnean, helped by Kul'Tiras ( "Kul'tiran"?) pour troops into the gilnean peninsula, and push back forsaken forces to the western shores of Lordamere Lake.
    -Dwarven and Stormwind forces retake the Arathi Highlands, Arathi foothills and Hillsbrad foothills : Dark iron, Bronzebeard ( and feal tribes), and Stormwind Humans from the tandhol bridge. Wildhammers go south from Aerie Peak. Dalaran ( purged of the hord filth) lands ( or flies to above) its former location.

- A " cold war" ( as said in a previous post) begins, but with no wall. Forsaken are backed up by blood elves

> Forsaken surrend and Alliance finally achieves to retake Lordaeron. Forsaken flee to either : dragon isles or northrend. They establish new capital, regain strengh and dont annoy anyone anymore.
    There is nothing to gain by retaking Lorderon, the land is a blighted out hell hole filled with ghouls, ghosts and foul creatures, it has nothing of valuable resources that the humans can use....plus Alliance has no right to do so and don't say Calia Menthel because she said she gave up on lordaeron.

I would release WoW 2, port over most of our collections, give credit for the characters, and redo half of the current lore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    If forsaken can't remove the Stronger blight, I doubt the alliance could either. Once you melt a couple of battalions I think the prospect of taking a kingdom that you never owned becomes more grim, not to mention you'd have the other horde races on your ass if you tried to turn around.
    ^agree I play alliance and I know for a fact that retaking Lordaeron is the same as loading up a shotgun and blowing your foot off.
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2017-05-29 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dellis0991 View Post
    There is nothing to gain by retaking Lorderon, the land is a blighted out hell hole filled with ghouls, ghosts and foul creatures, it has nothing of valuable resources that the humans can use....plus Alliance has no right to do so and don't say Calia Menthel because she said she gave up on lordaeron.
    No, since that line never made it live, in actuality, she didn't. Also, the Alliance has every right to Lordaeron, and one of the biggest mistakes in the game, i.e. playable zombies, doesn't change the fact that Lordaeron is the historical heart of humanity on Azeroth.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    I would release WoW 2, port over most of our collections, give credit for the characters, and redo half of the current lore.
    Tbh, for me, I'd rather have WoW 2 as a reset 100% for all players, that's the point of a new game instead of an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, since that line never made it live, in actuality, she didn't. Also, the Alliance has every right to Lordaeron, and one of the biggest mistakes in the game, i.e. playable zombies, doesn't change the fact that Lordaeron is the historical heart of humanity on Azeroth.
    Why would you waste waste lives and resources for a land with nothing of value?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Send thousands to die for a pointless reason. How many alliance would go awol rather than be thrown inTo that meat grinder again. If the alliance has claim to lordaeron, the forsaken double it, even if you cry that they are a mistake.

Tldr screeching that you have a right to lordaeron isn't going to stop the blight from melting you
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Draenei and Night Elves will reclaim parts of kalimdor.
    Draenei
    reclaim
    'Mkay. /10char

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Trolls: Unite the tribes, new empire aligned with Horde. Darkspear tame more Dinosaurs and start making troll golems and dire trolls. Give Vanira, and Rokhan some development.

Forsaken: Sylvanas takes Helya's place to make new banshee/valkyr for the Horde. Forsaken get a new ruling council, one person from each 'quarter' of the undercity. Forsaken shadowpriests can tap into sylvanas.

Orcs: Revive the clans / make new ones, each one with a warlord at the head instead of a chief, so they're all still loyal to warchief. Each one has a specialization and is buddied with one of the other horde member races. Gorgonna and Jorin Deadeye are start of new gen of orc leaders.

Tauren: Bring in the Yaungol and Taunka, make the Highmountain look like proper moose instead of tauren with moose horns. Baine goes on a quest and revives the Sunrocs, and grows a spine.

Goblins: Resettle Lost Isles and Kezan into Horde Ports.

Blood Elves: Aethas is deposed for incompetence, a new leader takes control of sunreavers, popularizes strictly controlled use of fel magic alongside light and arcane for the Horde explicitly to fight the legion and other evil forces. new warlock order is partnered with bloodknights and shaman from other horde races who will kill them if they get out of hand.

Other: Horde starts working with Nerubians. More hozen and ogres show up in Horde settlements.
    A few ideas get a bit silly but overall there are better ones here than probably in the heads of Blizzard's developers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I don't Genn has relinquished any claims to Gilneas, in fact he still seems very adamant on wanting to retake Gilneas for well...the Gilneans.

However I don't see the Alliance ever retaking Gilneas with military power, it would logically have to be through diplomacy and with Genn taking a back seat in any and all negotiations.

That's just my interpretation of how Gilneas would be retaken by the Gilneans and the Alliance.
    Varian went on and on about Lordaeron belonging to the Alliance and tried to "reclaim" it but that doesn't mean he was right or that he had any actual claims to it. This is a similar situation. Blizzard specifically called Gilneas abandoned in UVG, a more encyclopedic source, and then repeated it in the updated version. Unless Blizzard comes out and admits they use words only because they sound cool (arguably it'd fit their general storytelling MO being "Rule of Cool > all") but that are not actually understood by them, they should be given the benefit of the doubt.
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Deleted
    1. Uncuck the Horde and get Garrosh 2.0 to get things going. The best Warchief mindset needs to return
    a) Uncuck the Blood Elves and get Kael'thas 2.0(preferably a Nightborne one) to get things done. No more bullshit like moral objection and other limp wrist lala fits
    b) Unplug the Forsaken. Proper extermination is due.

1. Uncuck the Alliance and make Genn to behead king-ish boy.
    a) Uncuck the Draenei, goats have the tech, use it to go nuclear on the enemies
    B) Unplug the Night Elves. Let them bite their belowed soil

general notes:
    1. Punish Trolls and Tauren for betraying their Warchief
    2. Kill all of Nightborne terrorists who we helped in their fight against their betters. Really, these fucking levelers deserve to die.

oh and please, do sunk the bitch that is Azeroth. little bit of waterboarding is exactly what she needs.

7+ Year Old Account
    Absolutely agree with OP, really like it!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Douchebag View Post
    The only people who are annoyed by the forsaken, are alliance fans who are incapable of accepting that their precious Lordaeron won't ever be alliance territory again.
    Uhm, hi, Horde player here - never much liked the Forsaken, don't think they should've been playable. If anything, Lordaeron (Or, Tirisfal Glades in specific) could've been a pretty cool max level zone in Vanilla.

Ouups, I meant Stromgard not stratholme.

As for the hord, there are two problems. First, the forsaken and the elves are very far from central Kalimdor, and even if integrated aren't considered as the core of the old clanic / tribal hord. Secondly, they are very far. Distances are a factor we tend to forget in wow with every téléportation ans summoning. Gathering troops, shipping them to EK can take months. And the hord won't send all its forces because they will surely be facing other thread, more direct.
    Eventualy, the hord will sens troops on EK, but surely not all it's might.
    It's not exactly a day of march for the Alliance either. After the Cataclysm, subcontinent of Azeroth almost entirely split from Khaz'modan, making the on-foot travel from Stormwind northward even longer than it used to be. And it has to be on foot if you want humans to attack from Thandol Span. You want Alliance to enter Forsaken territory through choke-points that will take forever to force through.

On the other hand, the Horde sending naval help is much more feasible. Speaking of which, you also wanted the Alliance to land naval forces in Gilneas. When Forsaken had a successful naval blockade of Lordaeron for ~5 years.

And if Horde doesn't send all of their forces because they'd be facing another threat, then the same should apply to the Alliance. And we saw what happens when Alliance doesn't send all they have to fight the Forsaken in the Cataclysm. They kinda tend to drop dead. Even the most elite 7th Legion.

She still abandoned her family name. Without it she effectively gave up on her claim to Lordaeron. If she ever had one to begin with. And Alliance has zero rights to Lordaeron because that's how alliances work. And the historical heart of humanity on Azeroth is Arathi.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    'Mkay. /10char
    Didn't you know that the Draenei are the original inhabitants of Azeroth? Latest retcon plot-twist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Varian went on and on about Lordaeron belonging to the Alliance and tried to "reclaim" it but that doesn't mean he was right or that he had any actual claims to it. This is a similar situation. Blizzard specifically called Gilneas abandoned in UVG, a more encyclopedic source, and then repeated it in the updated version. Unless Blizzard comes out and admits they use words only because they sound cool (arguably it'd fit their general storytelling MO being "Rule of Cool > all") but that are not actually understood by them, they should be given the benefit of the doubt.
    I still think it's a decent trade off for the Stonemaul ogres building a city atop the ruins of Theramore for my idea.

As for the people who want to see Lordaeron restored, I'm not a fan of the Forsaken (they're my least favorite race), but I don't think the Alliance would have any chance going into the parts of Lordaeron controlled by the Forsaken and conquering it. It would make more sense if the Plaguelands were restored and ruled by the Silver Hand as a neutral, but predominately Lordaeronian (resettled refugees) land imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    If you were granted control of lore, how would you progress the lore of already established characters and the world in general.
    A lot depends on when you're given control. I mean, I'd like to go back to WC3 and tweak things from there ...

Besides hurling the Forsaken into the sun*, I think the thing I'd most like to do is bring some more solid, real-world numbers and such into the setting. At the moment, populations, army sizes and such are all driven by plot and rule of cool silliness - I'd want to provide a really solid, realistic foundation for that stuff. Of course there'll still be lots of fun and awesome heroics, but I think those things work better when there's a bit of realism constraining them.

If I can go around decorating the world, then frankly every year I'd like to move the story on in each zone, but that's too much work if we're being honest. To give just one example, after the Siege of Orgrimmar, the Alliance & Horde agreed to get some proper borders sorted our re Ashenvale & Azshara, yet we still see those huge Warsong logging camps etc in Ashenvale etc. My thinking is that for players who'd done all the quests in each zone & were max level, each year would bring new phasing changes, as (using the above example) the Horde pulled out of Ashenvale, the damage to the forest was restored, Alliance prisoners in Azshara were exchanged, etc.

As per the OP, it'd be nice to see Silvermoon restored (and integrated into the Eastern Kingdoms map for flying etc!), and stuff like that happen. One other idea I've had bouncing around for some time now is the idea of more cross-faction races using the existing races - eg High Elves for Alliance, Dark Iron dwarves for Horde, etc. You could probably do something like the old DK Hero Class restrictions (1 per server) to make it seem more special & unique, but it could be a fun way of blurring some of the lines a bit.

*Because wiping out a playable race is in practice not going to happen, I'd have a civil war amongst the Forsaken, with the player characters siding with the Horde against Sylvanas and her plans for global domination via NBC warfare. Yeah I know, it's Siege of Orgrimmar all over again, but god knows this plotline needs to draw to a close.
    Still not tired of winning.