Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    I think the fact there are others sharing my view compared to yours is proof enough as to why this discussion can end.

Good for you!

I will continue being racist towards Russians when they will stop answering with "Cyka" when i try to communicate.
    Some other people sharing your opinion is a PROOF? Seriously? I can't even argue with this logic.

Also, "Cyka" is not even an insult. It's just a swear word like "fuck". You can use it like that, but it's very rarely used this way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    This delusion is exactly why you are hated.
    What a great thread with such nice people.

Deleted
    I am 30 year old grown male playing videogames for 20 years and online games exclusively for 19 years, out of those 19 years the only reason i have quit the games i play is

1)Boredom.

2)Russians.

Dont tell me what i encounter daily and the cancer and racism i have developed exclusively from online games towards Russians.

I dont care what they are, how they are, but dont put them in my ENGLISH SPEAKING REQUIRED GAMES.

Thats all.

I have spoken with English speaking russians tons of times, i have spoken with English speaking Russians that have left Russia.

No one hates Russian gamers more than the English speaking Russians themselves.
    So you've played onlinine games for 19 years and in all that time haven't found some online friends to group with and speak English?
    You must be some sour man if noone wants to play with you...

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    Some other people sharing your opinion is a PROOF? Seriously? I can't even argue with this logic.

Also, "Cyka" is not even an insult. It's just a swear word like "fuck". You can use it like that, but it's very rarely used this way.

- - - Updated - - -

I know exactly how cyka is used, i deal with them for 17 years give or take.

It usually goes like this :

"Yo, what are we doing, show your picks bla bla" average dota tactics.

Followed by "Random russian cyrillic that no one else in the team understands", followed by a completely retarded choice.

"Yo, russian guy, can you do this?"

"Random cyrillic" , russian guy does the complete opposite.

"Cyka"

Russian has left the game.

Russian is suddenly raging in russian or

russian decided to feed and you have no idea what exactly happened.

This is just a rough example of 90% of Dota games from 2004 to 2017.

Cyka is used in 324423 different ways which i cant be bothered writing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Voidmaster View Post
    So you've played onlinine games for 19 years and in all that time haven't found some online friends to group with and speak English?
    You must be some sour man if noone wants to play with you...
    Not everyone plays the same hours, not everyone plays the same games, my IRL friends dont share my passion for Dota, we only play WoW together, which i cant play all day like they can sometimes.

Next weak attempt to insult.

If you cant understand i grew to be hateful and racist towards Russians, i cant help you, there is nothing in this world that can change my mind, i have developed a pure hate for them online, IRL i have no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It was a generalization (you as in eastern european instead of you as a person). Read the discussion before replying.

I'm just discussing the topic at hand here.

Deleted
    These comments... you say russians are bad players or are cheating, or don't communicate. ROFLING here so hard. So you completely ignore those germans, italians, spanish people who are talking some random shit on their own language and refuse to talk in english? Or you say russians are cheating? Cheaters are everywhere and usually they are 13-16 yo children across the world. I will not lie, i was cheating in cs 1.6 back in the days just to have fun and flame some butts and can 100% say that 99% were cheating in someway or another.

Refuse to communicate? well, majority of russians understand you, they just simply have this communication barrier since if you live in russia you simply are not talking in english and there is no practice. As a result they are simply afraid to say something cuz ppl will laugh etc. This fucking barrier drops when you are in english environment all the time. Have experienced it myself, so i know what i am talking about.

Deleted
    You can solve both points simply by grouping with people who speak English, don't need to feel all supreme about that and demand your own server.
    I don't see the problem still.
    Not everyone has enough connections to be able to queue with friends all the time, if at all. I always solo-queue be it in Overwatch or Dota, and the few times I don't I have no-where near a full group. I believe Jeff Kaplan confirmed some months ago that the vast majority of players solo or duo queue to Overwatch, only a small percentage queue as a full group.

Your suggestion is not really a solution on the whole, a solution would have to be implemented by the developers of the game, and a solution would be to give those players who clearly can't speak English their own server. I'm not demanding a server for myself, I'm asking for one for them, those who refuse to even try to communicate in English.

I don't expect peoples English to be as good as mine, or even be good at all, but I do expect people who queue up through an in-game matchmaking system to at least try to work with the team they end up with. Is that really too much to ask? Or do you really defend those who stick to their own language and tell you to speak theirs?
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-06-05 at 10:48 AM.

I often take for granted how spoiled I am in the US, 350 million residents who for the most part all speak English to fill our server pools. Though I do see some Russians from time to time, here in the US it's mainly Asians getting on NA servers because their servers are filled with hackers.

But Asians tend to go with the flow if they cant communicate and are quite skilled at the game. Any real issues I've had were the few South Americans who que up as tanks in WoW and don't know any of the fights or can communicate tank swaps >.<

Must be a real nightmare in Europe where every 100 miles or so they speak a different language

What is worse is when you get french speakers and they get super toxic as usual when you ask them to do anything. Plus they are bad to top it off. It's hard life on EU servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    eastern europeans and french people are known for being horrible teammates that refuse to speak english.
    Weird, French gamers, alongside Finns and Swedes have always been the nicest I've played with. It's the English who are usually the most self-entitled jerks. :S

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    play with a friend who is russian living here and almost every game we get people who say gg we have russian on team this is lost? why? when we say we are in latvia they attack that instead? never see anyone attack people from other countries like uk or germany :/
    All the hate is coming from Counter Strike, Dota 2 or LOL games in which the majority of the Russian players tend to be a pain in the ass, from being bad to cursing in their language all the time never play as a team.
    To be honest i have never encountered the hate on any other game beside the above mentioned. Though i encounter it each day dota whenever i have a teammate with Cyrillic letters or that speaks Russian i die a bit inside because 80% of the games its a lost one, not because they suck at game but they are horrible teammates most of the time
    Retired

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    russians are known for
    being bad at games
    or
    hacking

why? i dont know, but it is a thing
    Frankly russian wow pvp premades are feared by "western" players. Oh well i guess.

I personally haven't noticed any hostility towards me... from anyone but russians. It's so freaking funny to hear someone with bad english pronunciation and strong russian accent yelling insults in voice chat and saying stuff like "fuck these russians"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kidoeng7 View Post
    All the hate is coming from Counter Strike, Dota 2 or LOL games in which the majority of the Russian players tend to be a pain in the ass, from being bad to cursing in their language all the time never play as a team.
    To be honest i have never encountered the hate on any other game beside the above mentioned. Though i encounter it each day dota whenever i have a teammate with Cyrillic letters or that speaks Russian i die a bit inside because 80% of the games its a lost one, not because they suck at game but they are horrible teammates most of the time
    If that would be the case (80% loss rate because of Cyrillic in someones name) - there wouldn't be any players with Cyrillic name with win rate over 20%, isn't it?

Every time someone brings up a "they can't even speak english!" argument i die a bit inside - you don't need to know english to communicate in a video game, you need to know basic words and use a freaking chat wheel. I've been in numerous games where communication simply didn't existed - not because of language barrier but because of people not giving any shits. But when shit hit the fan - everyone starts to bring up their favorite excuses:
    "oh just look at our core he has no farm", "oh we have a russian in our team we can't win", "omfg you fed FB to TB it's over lol afk", "no ss noobs", etc.

Also, fun thing, i play dota only on Russia servers and i still get people from western europe and they blame russians for, well, everything, including "not talking in english". Fuck, 9 out of 10 players are russian and you expect them to talk in english:? Like seriously?

Also - a russian detector for all of you: "Hey team) let's do it! Lol)"
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2017-06-05 at 12:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    Not everyone has enough connections to be able to queue with friends all the time, if at all. I always solo-queue be it in Overwatch or Dota, and the few times I don't I have no-where near a full group. I believe Jeff Kaplan confirmed some months ago that the vast majority of players solo or duo queue to Overwatch, only a small percentage queue as a full group.

Your suggestion is not really a solution on the whole, a solution would have to be implemented by the developers of the game, and a solution would be to give those players who clearly can't speak English their own server. I'm not demanding a server for myself, I'm asking for one for them, those who refuse to even try to communicate in English.
    You don't need "connections". If you are solo queueing in overwatch a language barrier is the least of your problems tbh.
    I've played overwatch for 2 months and my bnet friendslist is almost full from it, just be active in inviting nice people to your list, you'll see a lot of people accept.
    That way you always have people to play with.
    You are somehow assuming that English is the universal online gaming language: it's not. Giving every region that doesn't speak English their own server is not a solution, that fractures the playerbase way too much and ends you up with empty servers in certain regions.

I don't expect peoples English to be as good as mine, or even be good at all, but I do expect people who queue up through an in-game matchmaking system to at least try to work with the team they end up with. Is that really too much to ask? Or do you really defend those who stick to their own language and tell you to speak theirs?
    Ironically you are doing exactly the same, you want other people to speak English and you stick to it

One of my closest friends in-game is a Russian, living in Russia, playing on EU servers. One of the most dedicated and skilled players I've met in 10 years, and also one of the nicest, most caring people I've met in my life.

Deleted
    You don't need "connections". If you are solo queueing in overwatch a language barrier is the least of your problems tbh.
    I've played overwatch for 2 months and my bnet friendslist is almost full from it, just be active in inviting nice people to your list, you'll see a lot of people accept.
    That way you always have people to play with.
    You seem to have completely missed my point. When I said not everyone has connections, I really meant that, not everyone is able to add and group up with people they play with, not everyone is able to socialize with the people they play with. You're a minority if you often group with strangers you've met in games.

You are somehow assuming that English is the universal online gaming language: it's not. Giving every region that doesn't speak English their own server is not a solution, that fractures the playerbase way too much and ends you up with empty servers in certain regions.
    I never claimed that "English is the universal online gaming language", that's an assumption you just made based on being unable to comprehend my post. However now that you mention it, if their language isn't wide-spread enough for them to have their own server, then perhaps they should stick to a language that is?

Ironically you are doing exactly the same, you want other people to speak English and you stick to it
    You think English is my first language? You would be wrong to think so. I have never even visited an English speaking country in my whole life. I have been to Japan though, and I am learning Japanese. I have great respect and interest in other languages, and I do not expect others to learn my own unless they choose to move and live here.

English is however the most widely used language here in Europe, it is the language we use to converse if we do not know each other's language.
    Last edited by mmocf8e5b938a8; 2017-06-05 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital Dream View Post
    play with a friend who is russian living here and almost every game we get people who say gg we have russian on team this is lost? why? when we say we are in latvia they attack that instead? never see anyone attack people from other countries like uk or germany :/
    You don't see people attacking germany? They're one of the largest cheating playerbase along with Russia

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by By the Emperor View Post
    You seem to have completely missed my point. When I said not everyone has connections, I really meant that, not everyone is able to add and group up with people they play with, not everyone is able to socialize with the people they play with. You're a minority if you often group with strangers you've met in games.

I never claimed that "English is the universal online gaming language", that's an assumption you just made based on being unable to comprehend my post. However now that you mention it, if their language isn't wide-spread enough for them to have their own server, then perhaps they should stick to a language that is?

You think English is my first language? You would be wrong to think so. I have never even visited an English speaking country in my whole life. I have been to Japan though, and I am learning Japanese. I have great respect and interest in other languages, and I do not expect others to learn my own unless they choose to move and live here.

English is however the most widely used language here in Europe, it is the language we use to converse if we do not know each other's language.

If you are so socially awkward that it prevents you from clicking "add friend" in an online game, then the issue is not the language, the issue is you.
    I'm providing solutions to your problem and you are all like "yada yada nah i can't do that", just showing that the problem lies with you and solely with you
    You want everyone and everything to adapt to you, just because you don't want to easily solve a "problem" with the ways that are on hand.

You want to queue solely? fine? you don't want to add friends in online games? fine. But please stop yapping about the issues you are creating for yourself that way. The world does nto revolve around you, you have to adapt to the world.

Deleted
    I do hate stereotyping and I have come across Russian players who do well, listen and play fairly... But goddamn if theres someone fucking up a game it's usually a Russian player doing something. I've met 3 Russian hackers (one on my team, 2 on enemy teams), 12 Russian players who will pick something bad and then proceed to play bad (I'm usually devils advocate who tries to make any pick work and keep positive, but dude if you pick bastion and then proceed to suck at bastion with a mercy and Rein/Orisa supporting you, don't get mad if we tell you to switch!)
    Countless Russian players who will pick something 'in meta' and then proceed to play it awfully while insulting the team in Russian over the MATCH chat.

Honestly I feel bad for the percentage of Russian players who aren't in this majority because damn it's got to be embarrassing.

Edit: And no I don't think they should be Region locked. It's an unfortunate reality.
    Last edited by mmoc0abc27f8eb; 2017-06-05 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the reasons are:

1)they refuse to communicate.

2)they tend to swarm communities and destroy them with overpopulation.

3)they tend to do 2 along with hacking.

4)there are too many of them online, russians and online gaming is as popular as scandinavian countries back in 2000s, its a main hobby, while other countries picked it up later years. (by that i simply mean that gaming was more acceptable earlier than some other countries)

5)they refuse to communicate even when they understand you.

This all started back in 2005 and dota days where they started swarming it in b.net games, they know what you want them to do, they simply refuse cause you arent asking in russian.

They are simply a very cancerous gaming community, more than any other in the gaming world, brazilians dont hold a candle to them.

Averagely, for every 5 russians that are perfectly fine, they respond in english/play well, there are 50 that refuse to speak english, and another 45 that do not know english and are generally below 15 years old.

I once spoke seriously with one of the few russians that werent completely retarded their answer is "man i understand you, we hate our gamers too", so its basically everyone hates most of the russian community in games.
    qft !
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itychy View Post
    I do hate stereotyping and I have come across Russian players who do well, listen and play fairly... But goddamn if theres someone fucking up a game it's usually a Russian player doing something. I've met 3 Russian hackers (one on my team, 2 on enemy teams), 12 Russian players who will pick something bad and then proceed to play bad (I'm usually devils advocate who tries to make any pick work and keep positive, but dude if you pick bastion and then proceed to suck at bastion with a mercy and Rein/Orisa supporting you, don't get mad if we tell you to switch!)
    Countless Russian players who will pick something 'in meta' and then proceed to play it awfully while insulting the team in Russian over the MATCH chat.

Honestly I feel bad for the percentage of Russian players who aren't in this majority because damn it's got to be embarrassing.

Edit: And no I don't think they should be Region locked. It's an unfortunate reality.

And you remember this because they speak russian or have a russian name. Selective memory is what that is called
    The, probably even way bigger, amount of players who are not russian and do the exact same thing, you forget about them after 1 match. But because the russian people stand out because of names/language, you are already like "aw no not another russian".

I have no problems with anyone in real life, but in games there's no one that I hate more than russians.