Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    But they have never bought Xbox in numbers similar to the Playstation in the three generations there have been an Xbox.

As for this generation the reasons are simple. E3 and before announcements for the Xbox one were PR nightmares, outright disasters. Sony first PS4 E3 was basically the perfect one. First they saw how Microsoft were shooting themselves in both feet and basically won by saying "The way you share your games with friends or sell/buy second hand games will not change."

Fast Forward to present day the damage is done. With 3 consoles on the market Sony holds about 55% globally. Microsoft have all but given up trying to compete with the whole "Buy this on Xbox one and you'll get to play it on PC too." basically telling PC owners not to bother buying the Xbox one. Since that means Xbox one has 0 exclusives, meanwhile PS4 exclusives are not going on the PC. At least until the PS streaming service starts putting up PS4 games.
    Dont forget the Xbox One S is now what the PS3 was at start, a "cheap" 4k Blueray player for most buyers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    - Was like twice as big as PS4.
    Obviously while this might vary from unit to unit, my XB1 has always also been a fair deal more silent than my PS4 ever is when put under stress.

That extra rooms does quite a lot for the noise levels of the thing, but gamers just don't like big consoles with external power bricks it turns out because it takes up more space in a living room.
    Last edited by zealo; 2017-06-06 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Yeah they like quintuple shot themselves in the foot this generation at launch.

At launch the console:
    - Was $100 more expensive than PS4.
    - Had weaker components than PS4.
    - Forced you to buy and use Kinnect.
    - Required you to always be online, even for single player games.
    - Was like twice as big as PS4.
    Yeee
    Also wasn't there a thing about how if you buy a physical copy of a game, it can only be played on one console until it's traded in to a store like a Gamestop or some shit?

We own both, but my wife and i primarily use the PS4 for our console gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons
    - Required you to always be online, even for single player games.
    This was removed with a day 1 patch to be fair.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Yeee
    Also wasn't there a thing about how if you buy a physical copy of a game, it can only be played on one console until it's traded in to a store like a Gamestop or some shit?
    Yeah I remember that as well now. They had some convoluted system where you had to like link and authorize accounts or some shit... I remember because Sony made a video mocking their convoluted system with their own how-to guide for sharing games with your friends, and it was just one guy handing the game to another guy.

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    We own both, but my wife and i primarily use the PS4 for our console gaming.

This was removed with a day 1 patch to be fair.
    i own both and play xbox for multiplayer and play playstation for its singleplayer exclusives. There are some good solid sony exclusives but i still stand by online with xbox. Since thier fumble at the launch of this generation MS has only improved the xbox while the playstation hasnt taken such leaps and strides, regardless, a lower population on xbox hasnt hindered online play for me one bit, never have an issue finding people to play with or getting matchs.

VR is a huge gimmick, 1m units on 60m ps4's is nothing and the only game I ever wanted to try on there so far is Resident Evil, and it doesn't seem the rest of 2017 is offering anything more on there, most people I knew got rid of theirs after Resident Evil 6 cause the 2017 lineup for VR looked bad as well + considering the head unit is like 400 euro and you also need 2 move controllers which are 79.99 its quite an expensive gimmick.

Xbox one had a terrible launch filled with flaws, which surprised me after xbox 360, but despite it all I'm considering buying a Scorpio if the price isn't too far above the PS4 Pro, which has been an underwhelming console so far, Only a few games done right on it ( Tomb Raider with all the choices of settings you wanted on a Pro and Horizon in 4k ) but the rest has been underwhelming, with the recent addition of Tekken being stuck at 1080p with just a bit more texture filtering on the Pro, you would think a 4k console would at least do 1440p in a fighter game.

Which in turn makes me curious about the Scorpio, I don't care that much for exclusives, I just want the best version of Battlefront 2, CoD WW2 , Far Cry 5 and Red dead 2 on a console so i'm eyeballing the MS conference on Sunday to see what price tag and design they slap on the Scorpio, if its too expensive i'll still flock to a ps4 pro cause price reasons but otherwise I'm every curious to see what they show on Sunday.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Obviously while this might vary from unit to unit, my XB1 has always also been a fair deal more silent than my PS4 ever is when put under stress.

That extra rooms does quite a lot for the noise levels of the thing, but gamers just don't like big consoles with external power bricks it turns out because it takes up more space in a living room.
    I have the OG XB1 and PS4. I'll chime in and say I have the same experience. My XB1 is pretty quiet, the PS4 is louder in comparison. Both systems kept clean, no pets.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...pe-sony-claims

Its good to see PSVR,Pro and the PS4 brand itself doing well. I just hope Sony doesn't let it go to there head.
    Agreed we don't need a repeat of the PS3 era.

Sony is better all around company. We need to grind microsoft and their shitty console into the dust. I only want 1 console so I don't have to buy multiple for all these bullshit exclusives that just so happen to be on the other console.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...pe-sony-claims

Its good to see PSVR,Pro and the PS4 brand itself doing well. I just hope Sony doesn't let it go to there head.
    Why is it good to see that the most popular game console is destroying its closest competitor? I do agree with you on the PSVR, since I'm very exited about that tech, but other than that, the PS4 is just the ever popular vanilla. Sounds like fanboyism, which explains your constant negativity in the Nintendo forums
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    I how see PS4's popularity over XBox One in Portugal. The used games stores have shitload of PS4 games, some still over 50€ (mainly new games and GTA5). Meanwhile, XBOne games are rare and cheap.

I know everyone has different opinions.

But I can't take this post serious. The GUI of PS4 being bad???????? The only decent exclusive is Horizon.....I highly disagree with people and its factual that the XB1 UI runs and looks like shit.

But ill leave it at that, this isn't a XB1 thread.
    Both UIs are terrible now, and were terrible last gen. You wouldn't be saying that the XB1 UI is terrible because you are biased at all, nah, that couldn't be it. It isn't bad ... it doesn't run and look like shit, not any more or less than PS4. They are different, that is about all that can 'factually' be said, just like last gen. People tend to like what they are more familiar with and as I had both, or have had access to both in the last two gens, neither is factually any better than the other.

For the people who primarily play consoles, I hope both do well, competition is great for the consumer, although Sony was doing pretty good before XBox stepped on the market, and started getting much more shady in PS3 days with advertisements, microtransaction slowly being implemented onto the system over the years and the removal of otherOS, backwards compatibility in future models, etc. which is where my version of your fanboyism swiftly died and I became a neutral consumer. I also disagree with anti-consumer practices like buying out long term exclusives to content in shared platform games, from either company ... be it the GTA IV stuff iirc on MS side, to the Destiny stuff on Sony side; especially when those exclusives last year(s).

And for me, the only exclusives that used to get me was something like Gran Turismo, but GT5 was a disappointment and Forza 5 turned out to not be terrible. Neither has had any exclusives worth selling my soul for to champion their cause; and I never really bought into that too much as I had Nintendo and Sega, I just love games. Now I play almost exclusively on PC because I'm in control of the hardware and software and the games you can play on PC, for the most part, you can't play on consoles, or if you can, they are in a restricted fashion. Anything from the extent of mods and texture packs, graphics settings, framerates, unofficial updates and patches when the companies fail to fix their product in a timely fashion, etc. And PC UI, blows away the consoles ... and you can even use controllers, from custom offerings to both current gen consoles. The available VR units are better. So you want to throw salt on something for no good reason other than blind fanboyism; then fine ... we will bring factual information on which gaming platform is actually better in just about every way ... or we can just agree that each platform has its benefits, and people like them for different reasons and each one, including Nintendo, are good for the people that play them, and hopefully every platform succeeds.

The article kind of loaded your thread, and that wasn't on you until you chose to take the route of falsely bashing something because your brand loyalty blinds you. If that person thinks the only exclusive that is decent is Horizon, then that is definitely true for them including their opinion that the UI is better and easier to use ... for me, there is not a single exclusive on either side that is decent enough for me to invest in paying to access online multiplayer nor the Pro/Scorpio models and neither UI is enjoyable, simply put, for me, consoles killed themselves.

Once I got a Playstation back in the day, I pretty much stopped caring about other platforms, as DreamCast was already fading out and I hadn't owned a current Nintendo for years at that point, so I went to PS2, then PS3 and never touched the original XBox because I liked my Sony consoles; but I was also younger and bought into brand loyalty a bit; then I got a 360. I ended up having some games like Oblivion and GTA on Playstation, XBox, and PC. I've never understood this console war crap; nor its other industry counterparts like Ford vs GM vs Mopar; be a gaming enthusiast or a vehicle enthusiast ... and respect others who basically share the same passion as you, even if they chose a different model in the genre than you. It is still a common interest.

/end rant ... lol
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Why is it good to see that the most popular game console is destroying its closest competitor? I do agree with you on the PSVR, since I'm very exited about that tech, but other than that, the PS4 is just the ever popular vanilla. Sounds like fanboyism, which explains your constant negativity in the Nintendo forums
    Really????

I find it good to see the PS4 do well because I own one and them doing well means there is more exclusive games and what not in the future ill get to enjoy. I also want the Nintendo Switch to do well so I get more games and what not for it as well.

The fact you jumped to the conclusion that I am fanboying say's a lot about you.

I also want Ps4 Pro and PSVR to do well because that means more support for both.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    Both UIs are terrible now, and were terrible last gen. You wouldn't be saying that the XB1 UI is terrible because you are biased at all, nah, that couldn't be it. It isn't bad ... it doesn't run and look like shit, not any more or less than PS4.
    The XB1 UI is FACTUALLY worse then the PS4. It runs worse and its menu layout is shit. I quite enjoy how simple both PS3 and PS4 UI is. Now I am talking about the system UI and not the PSN store UI because the PSN store UI is shit.

I wish they would stop fucking with the store because its getting old. I also liked the original 360 and 2nd UI it got. Once they went that Win8 look I fucken hated it.

I want to see all 3 console platforms do well and I am happy Sony is. I hope VR does better and Pro gets better support.

Saying you are happy something is doing well doesn't make u a Fanboy.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Agreed we don't need a repeat of the PS3 era.

Sony is better all around company. We need to grind microsoft and their shitty console into the dust. I only want 1 console so I don't have to buy multiple for all these bullshit exclusives that just so happen to be on the other console.
    Oh, so you want a monopoly. That's incredibly anti-consumer. Competition drives prices down and encourages innovation. You should study some basic economics before you make such blatant fanboi claims.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    Oh, so you want a monopoly. That's incredibly anti-consumer. Competition drives prices down and encourages innovation. You should study some basic economics before you make such blatant fanboi claims.
    Agreed so much...

I want all 3 company's to do well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I don't have much reason to get a Playstation, as of this year the only exclusive shown that I think looks good is Nioh, and the only exclusive I would want from years past is Rachet and Clank. So I won't buy one, I also think that the DS4 is not uncomfortable, but still, odd, I don't like holding it as much as a Xone or 360 controller. That's obviously not a deal breaker.

Though, as someone who has an Xbox one and no PS4, I can say without a doubt that the ps4 is the superior system, it's more powerful at its base form, it has more exclusives, and it has more exclusives on the way. But I am a PC/Switch gamer, so unless Sony shows something beyone insane at E3, I won't be getting one.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Orangetai420 View Post
    And with multiple companies, you run the risk of price matching agreements. Both sides have their devils. But saying something as a blanket statement like "competition drives prices down and encourages innovation" as always true is in fact blatantly false. It is sometimes true, and often untrue. In economics you can't blanket statement this crap, everybody knows that.

Fanboism, probably the only right thing you said there.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    And with multiple companies, you run the risk of price matching agreements. Both sides have their devils. But saying something as a blanket statement like "competition drives prices down and encourages innovation" as always true is in fact blatantly false. It is sometimes true, and often untrue. In economics you can't blanket statement this crap, everybody knows that.

Fanboism, probably the only right thing you said there.
    Ok, bud. Whatever you say.

Well it's a superior console in every way with superior exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny212 View Post
    Well it's a superior console in every way with superior exclusives.
    in every way is vastly subjective, I much more prefer the Xbox controller due to the analog stick layout being off center and the triggers so for controller the Xbox wins for me.

Same in hardware territory soon with Scorpio cause lets face it the PS4 Pro is a dud in most games with little to no enhancements whatsoever, go to a ps4 vs ps4 pro youtube video and comments are literally filled with things as '' no reason to get a ps4 pro '' etc, IF you have a 4k TV and play something decent like Horizon or Tomb Raider with the various gfx settings then yes, but in most games there is hardly any Pro benefit, Tekken 7 didn't even attempt to do even 1440p on the Pro and just settled straight out for 1080p, then there are various other games released the last 6 months which offer no fps benefit over the slim even though they don't even got a multiplayer build in.

Ofcourse MS still has to prove their claims about power and fps on the Scorpio and see if devs do a better job there then some of their half assed Pro attempts so not gonna give the Scorpio a clean pass on that neither for now.
    Xbox Live still beats out PSN for me, but Sony has the more practical UI + their partnership with Spotify so you can use that on the ps4.

Exclusives have taken a big slump since the 360 yes, for me a mood point cause I mostly play multiplatform games and I just want the most powerful console for that, I just want the best version of Battlefront 2 or far cry 5 or red dead redemption 2 on a console and unless devs mess up that should be on Scorpio, I'm fine with just getting Sea of Thieves or Crackdown or whatever next to that cause all the games I mentioned will eat up all my time anyway, but lets see at E3 what MS has up their sleeve.

So yeah I give the exclusives and the UI + Spotify integration to the PS4, but for me personally the controller + Live service + soon to be raw power on Scorpio is better then what the ps4 offers. ( note I said for me personally so no need to go into a big controller debate or PSN vs Live debate ) I just like the form factor and analog stick placement + triggers more on the Xbox controller and find their Live service to be more stable + Games with Gold to be more value then PS+ games.