Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

ToS trinkets - Retribution

Which Retribution paladin's trinkets from ToS do you find "must have", considering factors such as fight type (single, aoe, boss movement, etc.) ? Any thoughts about them?

I personally believe Infernal Cinders will be go-to, but unsure about others.

Share your opinions!

My take on it is with assumption that you'd have T20 4p at least and the following scenario:

ST/AoE no Severe Raid DMG/Soaking: Cradle of Anguish

ST with Severe Raid DMG/Soaking: Infernal Cinders

AoE with Severe Raid DMG/Soaking: Engine of Eradication

ST with minimal boss positioning: Spectre of Betrayal

Failsafe combination : Infernal Cinders+Engine of Eradication

Good knowledge of encounter and timing: Spectre of Betrayal + Engine of Eradication/Infernal Cinders

Out gearing Content: Cradle of Anguish + Engine of Eradication(M+)/Spectre of Betrayal(Raid)
    Last edited by SnorlaxJeng; 2017-06-21 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I am assuming Infernal Cinders will only be good when you have 3+ people in the raid with it
    Nah it sims decently without assuming anyone else has it.

Scepter/Infernal Cinders is BiS with Scepter/Vial being a very close 2nd

Specter is shit, fuck the sims.

Quote Originally Posted by zTrikky View Post
    That's assuming an enemy is always near the specters.. which isn't going to happen all the time. I hate positional trinkets tbh. Relies too much on other people.

Quote Originally Posted by zTrikky View Post
    Two on use trinkets (Scepter/Vial) with crusade is a no no i'm pretty sure

Quote Originally Posted by Micnasty View Post
    Two on use trinkets (Scepter/Vial) with crusade is a no no i'm pretty sure
    I used the legendary trinket + draught of souls for most of Nighthold, never had any issues. I know in the past on-use trinkets were made to have some kind of cooldown with each other, but maybe that's been changed/removed?

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    I used the legendary trinket + draught of souls for most of Nighthold, never had any issues. I know in the past on-use trinkets were made to have some kind of cooldown with each other, but maybe that's been changed/removed?
    No. Only with the legendary trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by barial View Post
    Lucky for you I can test that right now.

Kil'jaeden's is entirely separate from other use trinkets so you can use that and another use trinket, but you can't use two of regular use trinkets. Regular use trinkets all share a 30 second cooldown. Kil'jaeden's is special because it's a legendary, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Basty View Post
    What he said, but please read towards the bottom as well. Specter is great on the sims, but there are plenty of situations in raid where it loses alot of its value. Overall I would say Cinders and Vial are a pretty safe bet for most situations.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got Infernal Cinders and Vial of Ceaseless Toxins so far, they seems to be good.

Vial reduced CD nice on World Quests and at Mythic+ runs too.

Infernal Cinders is just god tier. (I have 31% haste and it averages around 13-14ppm)

So much that I'd expect it to be nerfed. Since we're stacking versatility after haste, it affects it's damage too.

The total amount of damage contribution it does is around Judgement total damage.

Haven't gotten Vial so I won't comment on it. But it does seem like a good M+ trinket.
    Last edited by SnorlaxJeng; 2017-06-23 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SnorlaxJeng View Post
    Infernal Cinders is just god tier. (I have 31% haste and it averages around 13-14ppm)

So much that I'd expect it to be nerfed. Since we're stacking versatility after haste, it affects it's damage too.

The total amount of damage contribution it does is around Judgement total damage.

Haven't gotten Vial so I won't comment on it. But it does seem like a good M+ trinket.
    Cinders is really good indeed, too bad the two dks(unholy and frost) and the feral in my raid think its shit for them so no extra juice

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    DH want it apparently, so hopefully you run with a couple DHs for that extra 20% crit chance on the proc juice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aly31 View Post
    Cinders is really good indeed, too bad the two dks(unholy and frost) and the feral in my raid think its shit for them so no extra juice
    They shouldn't knock it before they try it for certain fights where you can all stack together mostly. That extra crit could help a lot for its value.

I got the Specter on our NM KJ kill. I tried it on heroic Inquisitors and it works wonder since Belac is a sitting duck (Ranked 92 for my gear bracket). I didnt understand the mechanic of the trinket by just reading the description. Here's how it work: You summon the Shadow, it pops its AoE in 3sec, then stay there for 1min. The Trinket is 45sec cd, so by the time its up again, you can stack a 2nd shadow and then both will AoE as well, doing double damage. Then after the 60s the first shadow disappear and you repeat.

Its kinda like Krosus's Trinket, since the damage is spread among enemies, but does shadow damage (no armor) and more damage (but no auto-crit though). Its not that good for AoE since its a Spread damage (The glaive Trinket is way better for that). I'd rather use it in single target.

So its an ok trinket, but i'd rather have Vial, as it does more damage, can be reset by using it on adds that pop during the fights and doesnt need positioning.
    I use it for now instead of Scorpid from NH for ST fights.

Im gonna have a hard time letting CoS go... I'll need both Cinder+Vial for that I think.

I got a 915 Vial and it does around 5% of my damage, plus ~2500 Str so it's definitely very strong. Hoping to get M Cinders next week.

To note Cinder scales very well for people who stack Haste and Versatility. Yet still benefit from Critical. It scales well with Ret paladin due to Crusade providing extra haste too, and to some extend DH's with their 25% meta haste.