Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why Is Clean Energy Bad?

Educate me, please.

Why is clean energy bad?

Why is learning to harness solar energy, a new limitless source of power once perfected so bad? But coal which is dirty, limited, and can only yield so much in return a protected commodity?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Because money.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    As long as corporations make a ton of money on Oil or Weapons, we won't get an easy way to clean energy world or global peace.

Even on just solar panels alone there's a ton of competition on companies that don't want to share their ideas.

No one said clean energy is bad.

Clean energy makes rich people that are based on fossil fuel, friends of governments poorer, therefor clean energy is bad.

In other words, rich people like their status and influence in the world and are delaying it as much as possible, its not easy changing everything to clean energy.

Something something...subsidies?

10+ Year Old Account
    ITS COSTS SOME GOOD HONEST AMERICAN JOBS

big green is trying to get into your head. They are corrupt liars who have infected our Government. Thank god for Trump. MAGA!

because many people who depend on jobs that create pollution would be jobless with a useless trade

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    No one said clean energy is bad.

Clean energy makes rich people that are based on fossil fuel, friends of governments poorer, therefor clean energy is bad.

In other words, rich people like their status and influence in the world and are delaying it as much as possible, its not easy changing everything to clean energy.
    The said thing is that oil companies are actually backing the push for clean energy as well. It's literally just hold out nut jobs against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Why would they want to make the world a better place when they make more money making it a shittier place?

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Educate me, please.

Why is clean energy bad?

Why is learning to harness solar energy, a new limitless source of power once perfected so bad? But coal which is dirty, limited, and can only yield so much in return a protected commodity?
    Because coal is sticking to our roots woot woot.

Why don't we live in caves and dress up in furs while we are at it?
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Old people in charge of corporations need to continue accumulating money through the same methods.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    The said thing is that oil companies are actually backing the push for clean energy as well. It's literally just hold out nut jobs against it.
    Thats just on the surface, everything behind the scenes is delaying stuff as much as possible for the simple reasoning of money, every knows it but there isnt anything you can do about it.

Everything is usa can be linked (quickly) to money, good or bad

I don't think I've ever heard anyone of any background say clean energy is bad. I've heard people say, "let the market sort it out," which it seems to be doing, as clean energy is booming right now.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by ible View Post
    snip
    Doesnt work that way as we said, no one wants to ruin their day

Its the same reasoning of "Why would i give a fuck what happens in Africa, it doesnt affect me" etc etc.

Plus its mostly "We know nothing can change and because the next person isnt gonna bother why would i bother?"

This discussion happens way too often and always ends up the same way, it all comes to "DONT INTERRUPT MY BUBBLE, MY LIFE IS FINE"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    because many people who depend on jobs that create pollution would be jobless with a useless trade
    But those jobs are or will be taken over by bots regardless clean energy. Why train and insure a miner when a bot has less downtime, no wages to dish out, and no health issues?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

It's not bad, it's not that good either. If it were up to me I'd get rid of NIMBYS and build nuclear, but that would require leftists to be sensible.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Educate me, please.

Why is clean energy bad?

It's not, its just that there are many factors that people don't understand. Also many "clean" energies aren't actually clean, like alot of hydroelectric plants actually produce as much greenhouses gases as a coal fired plant in the form of methane.

Solar is great, when you can use it. When the sun isn't shining it doesn't produce power, so it can't be used to replace coal. At least until there is sufficient advances in battery technology.

So called clean energy is fantastic, but at the moment its only supplemental to the traditional methods. That being said, it should be taken advantage of far more than it currently is. Every new home built should be designed with passive solar in mind at the very least, and where applicable should have solar panels to help reduce the amount of coal burned to meet base load.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    This discussion happens way too often and always ends up the same way, it all comes to "DONT INTERRUPT MY BUBBLE, MY LIFE IS FINE"
    /cast Somebody Else's Problem

There, let them deal with it.

It's a collective action problem really. The same goes for, say, littering. Each individual might think their one stray plastic bag is nothing. But there's an island somewhere in the pacific...

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox
    Why is learning to harness solar energy, a new limitless source of power once perfected so bad?
    Keep in mind that while clean energy sounds like a good thing, it may be "clean" to an uncertain extent. TANSTAAFL

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...ility-ranking/
    http://spectrum.ieee.org/green-tech/...n-as-you-think
    http://business.financialpost.com/ne...-waste-problem
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.