Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Jesus Christ the new user experience in this game is fucking garbage. There is obviously no matchmaking. Level 1s are put with level 100 rapists who will just build over to you and one-shot you with a pump shotgun with ease. Like how the fuck am I supposed to get better at this game playing against these freaks? It's like putting a brand new chess player against a grand master and being like "aight...good luck."

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Jesus Christ the new user experience in this game is fucking garbage. There is obviously no matchmaking. Level 1s are put with level 100 rapists who will just build over to you and one-shot you with a pump shotgun with ease. Like how the fuck am I supposed to get better at this game playing against these freaks? It's like putting a brand new chess player against a grand master and being like "aight...good luck."
    They were going to add matchmaking but everyone cried that it would make the game toxic like other competitive games.

Of course with the skill gap where it is now they pretty much have to do something or at least add a practice mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Yup, I started beggining of the year just as it was taking off big, was okay but the fact there was no practice mode except for the PvE that you had to pay for did not help. I think PvE going F2P will help because you can learn to build etc in there safely. For now though its garbage for newbies. You should be able to go in to like the lobby area offline and hack stuff up and pick up guns.

Have they even bloody talked about the PvE portion of the game recently? That's what I'm waiting on right now since it's supposed to go F2P at launch, but it feels like H1Z1 all over again. The PvP spinoff takes off and all attention/focus gets poured into that while the original PvE half of the game is largely abandoned : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Have they even bloody talked about the PvE portion of the game recently? That's what I'm waiting on right now since it's supposed to go F2P at launch, but it feels like H1Z1 all over again. The PvP spinoff takes off and all attention/focus gets poured into that while the original PvE half of the game is largely abandoned : /
    Sadly with how popular BR is I don't see them putting more focus on it.

Shame because the PvE stuff does look good and I'm waiting on that aspect as well as playing BR mode.

I cannot stop playing this game. I talked with one of my co-workers who games and he was all like, "If you die right after landing and farming materials and weapons, you have to do it all over again." And I was like, "That's the best part!!"

I'm getting better and better, building is still sloppy and haphazard, but I can rack up at least a few kills.

Super fun game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I cannot stop playing this game. I talked with one of my co-workers who games and he was all like, "If you die right after landing and farming materials and weapons, you have to do it all over again." And I was like, "That's the best part!!"

I'm getting better and better, building is still sloppy and haphazard, but I can rack up at least a few kills.

Super fun game.
    For me the best part is going to the edge of the map, and making your way in, maybe getting a kill or two at best and getting top 10 as often as possible. Different strokes for different folks. I've actually kinda given up on the game after my first BR win, think I need to play squads to enjoy it more.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    For me the best part is going to the edge of the map, and making your way in, maybe getting a kill or two at best and getting top 10 as often as possible. Different strokes for different folks. I've actually kinda given up on the game after my first BR win, think I need to play squads to enjoy it more.
    I'm the same way actually. I fly out as far as possible usually. Snobby Shores is a goldmine. But a lot of times I won't go way out because I don't want to get caught way outside the circle and have to end my exploration and gathering early. But either way, one of the most fun things for me is landing and finding out what stuff you can get!

10+ Year Old Account
    When is this game scheduled for release?

I'm not paying 40 or 60 Euro for early access to a free game..

PvE version ofc.. PvP is available..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    When is this game scheduled for release?

I'm not paying 40 or 60 Euro for early access to a free game..

PvE version ofc.. PvP is available..
    The pve mode gives you PvP currency so I don't know if they'll rush to give it away, people will farm pve instead of buying. Shame cos I want to try it.

10+ Year Old Account
    The pve mode gives you PvP currency so I don't know if they'll rush to give it away, people will farm pve instead of buying. Shame cos I want to try it.
    But PvP is already F2P..
    Delaying PvE, because it gives advantage in PvP is a horrible excuse..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Tbf though that currency doesn't really buy you anything power related.

Ah man i die about mid to past mid way. Top 8 teams but some of the top 5 guys are nuts.

Midcombat simultaneous construction, jumping, firing and gunplay at insane rates. Its like watching true pvp in warframe where guys never touch the ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    But PvP is already F2P..
    Delaying PvE, because it gives advantage in PvP is a horrible excuse..
    The pvp mode has a vbuck season pass.
    The pve mode gives free vbucks
    Giving pve mode for free gives easy access to vbucks which will reduce the amount of vbucks bought in store for those wanting the season pass.

It's not about an advantage, just simple economics, they need to probably reduce the vbucks earnt in pve before making it free.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbf though that currency doesn't really buy you anything power related.
    That wasn't the point, nothing in pvp mode gives power but the free vbucks from pve are used to buy the season pass this depriving the company of selling vbucks.

That wasn't the point, nothing in pvp mode gives power but the free vbucks from pve are used to buy the season pass this depriving the company of selling vbucks.
    My guess is that they'll change currency for PvE once its out and F2P so we'll have 2. Right now its V-Bucks as it rewards people who dropped 40-60-100 bucks into the pve access...

Which I really need to start playing and get these V-Bucks while they are available.. bought the 60$ pack and never really had the time to play it

I get why, but I'm still sad that Fortnite is turning out like H1Z1 in many regards. Billed as one thing initially then morphed into something else, with the PvP spinoff part getting all the focus due to it having tons of success. I can't blame them for that, they know where the money is coming from and they'd be stupid not to focus on it, but given that I was really only interested in the initial pitches for both games (the survival PvE portion) and neither seems to be making much progress on that particular front (rumors of Just Survive shutting down soon to boot) I'm pretty sad.

I super dig the art style of the game and the survival part seems fun, but just have next to zero interest in the whole battle royal craze. I'm just hoping for some good news on the PvE part of Fortnite making enough headway for a F2P release date to be announced at some point.

I get why, but I'm still sad that Fortnite is turning out like H1Z1 in many regards. Billed as one thing initially then morphed into something else, with the PvP spinoff part getting all the focus due to it having tons of success. I can't blame them for that, they know where the money is coming from and they'd be stupid not to focus on it, but given that I was really only interested in the initial pitches for both games (the survival PvE portion) and neither seems to be making much progress on that particular front (rumors of Just Survive shutting down soon to boot) I'm pretty sad.

I super dig the art style of the game and the survival part seems fun, but just have next to zero interest in the whole battle royal craze. I'm just hoping for some good news on the PvE part of Fortnite making enough headway for a F2P release date to be announced at some point.
    Funny part is Epic got so fucking lucky on that.

Partly because of PUBG and the fact PUBG uses their engine.

Is a shame they do seem to be chasing the fad rather than also showing the PvE mode some love but that's life I guess.

Funny part is Epic got so fucking lucky on that.

Partly because of PUBG and the fact PUBG uses their engine.

Is a shame they do seem to be chasing the fad rather than also showing the PvE mode some love but that's life I guess.
    Why? I mean, PUBG uses their engine...so do a ton of other super successful games in a variety of genres that Epic either has never touched or hasn't touched in a long while. The PUBG nonsense was more just Blueholes legal team pitching a stink that they had another major competitor and their arguments about their "concerns" always seemed more hyperbolic than serious.

Epic just, as you said, chased a fad and managed to hit it big. And to their credit, they've been doing great work in building upon and maintaining that level of success, proving that it wasn't just a random fluke.

Why? I mean, PUBG uses their engine...so do a ton of other super successful games in a variety of genres that Epic either has never touched or hasn't touched in a long while. The PUBG nonsense was more just Blueholes legal team pitching a stink that they had another major competitor and their arguments about their "concerns" always seemed more hyperbolic than serious.

Epic just, as you said, chased a fad and managed to hit it big. And to their credit, they've been doing great work in building upon and maintaining that level of success, proving that it wasn't just a random fluke.
    No I just meant I don't think Epic would have found that fad if PUBG hadn't done it. Or until someone else had found it and brought into the spotlight the way PUBG did.

What I meant was PUBG did kind of bring the BR genre into the big spotlight and since then a lot of devs have been trying to emulate it.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-05-07 at 05:44 PM.

No I just meant I don't think Epic would have found that fad if PUBG hadn't done it. Or until someone else had found it.
    Well, PUBG was just following in H1Z1's footsteps (Green worked on that prior to joining Bluehole for PUBG). And that was following in the footsteps of games like The Culling, which went whole hog on the battle royal angle earlier, which IIRC were more branchoffs of the survival craze from years back.

What I meant was PUBG did kind of bring the BR genre into the big spotlight and since then a lot of devs have been trying to emulate it.
    H1Z1 already had that spotlight for a while, but PUBG definitely stole it in a big way. And then Fortnite stole it from them.

Whether or not Epic would have tried a BR game without PUBG, who knows. But given that IIRC it was started as a small side-project while they worked on the core game, before blowing up in a major way, I wouldn't be surprised if they would have anyways. They've been developing games again for the first time in a while (the now closed Paragon, the new Unreal that's just kinda...still there, and Fortnite) so it's conceivable.