Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Thumbs up The Oldest WW2 Veteran Aged 109

Respect to the man, he smokes alot, drinks whiskey etc and still is alive. Not only is he 109 but he is moving and living an ok life, he isn't a zombie in a chair or something.

Hope you guys enjoy this clip.

"Richard Overton, America's oldest veteran. Born on May 11, 1906, he has celebrated 110 birthdays (109 at the time of filming) and counting. The supercentenarian has lived through the Great Depression, served in World War II, and witnessed the rise of the Internet. From the Ford Model T to self-driving cars, more technological and scientific progress have occurred in Overton's lifetime than perhaps any other century in history."

"The whiskey-drinking, cigar-smoking elder reveals his secrets to longevity in this lively short film."

Last edited by mmoc627d35faa6; 2017-06-11 at 06:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, genetics are cool.

Deleted
    i hate those cigars....

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what his breath smells like..

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    Couldn't we ask that of the average poster around here?

Deleted
    lmfao, what a random question

Bet that guy has a fantastic support system at home!

Quote Originally Posted by metadox View Post
    lmfao, what a random question
    Especially considering if he brushes and uses some mouthwash it'd be the same as anyone else.

111 now and was hospitalized this May for Pneumonia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Arvin_Overton

All these stories jinx those over the age of 100....

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like an excellent dude. I'd love to hear about his childhood & teenage years. What a time to live through.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post

Ahh that's too bad. I hope he gets out at some point.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

So he could've talked to people who were slaves, I wonder if he did. Slaves were freed when? 1865? At least in the South. So that's 35 years + 6 is 41 years... Sure he could've talked to some old people who were slaves when they were young.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

7+ Year Old Account
    What a life. And he lived long enough to see a mixed-race POTUS.

A true American, and a hero. May he stay with us as long as he's not suffering.
    " The guilt of an unnecessary war is terrible." --- President John Adams
    " America goes not abroad, in search of monsters to destroy." --- President John Quincy Adams
    " Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Deleted
    Wow... this is crazy, he seems completely normal, he looks like hes 80 something at most but 110? Crazy..

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Yep, genetics are cool.
    There is scientific evidence that people who believe "bad" food will damage their bodies are actually more likely to suffer health conditions from bad food. People who think its a bunch of BS and just eat bad food and don't think its bad for them tend to have about the same rate of health disease as people who eat healthy. A lot of it actually appears to be in your head. How much were not sure. The brain is a bizarre thing.

But it appears you can actually give someone a disease by convincing them "bad" food is unhealthy for them.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Especially considering if he brushes and uses some mouthwash it'd be the same as anyone else.
    Haha, no my friend. No it would not. Old people smell like corpse out of the mouth. And he's very old and smoking cigars, so probably smells like a whole bunch of corpses.

Deleted
    Haha, no my friend. No it would not. Old people smell like corpse out of the mouth. And he's very old and smoking cigars, so probably smells like a whole bunch of corpses.
    you comment smells of jealousy because you wont live that long and he can , why pick out negatives....

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post

Is it the stories, or because they're super old?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Is it the stories, or because they're super old?
    More than likely being old. Not a direct causation.

Or Journalist carry diseases that no one has and they get it after the interview.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Always great to see stories of people like this. Genetics are of course the primary reason some people live so long. But there are other keys too and this guy seems to practice them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Always great to see stories of people like this. Genetics are of course the primary reason some people live so long. But there are other keys too and this guy seems to practice them.
    yep, i would love to meet him , i would say thank you sir for keeping americans safe, a true hero