Deleted

New artifact Traits in 7.3?

There will be new additions to artifact traits for sure by looking at what blizz has said so far for 7.3 BUT no where it is mentioned that there will be new traits. There are no indications of new traits so far on the PTR too. Still we know that we will be able to "customize our relic points further" which to me most likely means that we might be able to add additional points in relics or we will see the double trait per relic additions introduced before. What do you think?

I really hope so. It bugs me a bit that there hasn't been anything datamined yet. If there wouldn't be new traits it would be really bad for any character progression I mean why get more artifact power if you can't invest it? (sorry, Concordance is just as bad as the previous artifact power dump)

Don't think there will be new traits. From the last post they stated about artifacts, I believe the focus is going to be on the relic customization. Not sure what that will be, but probably along the lines of a new reforging style system, where you will be able to select the relic trait bonus from a predetermined list.

I'm more interest in new artifact skins .

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Don't think there will be new traits. From the last post they stated about artifacts, I believe the focus is going to be on the relic customization. Not sure what that will be, but probably along the lines of a new reforging style system, where you will be able to select the relic trait bonus from a predetermined list.
    Afaik that ship on the PTR has some kind of forge for further customization already. Afaik just NYI.

Deleted
    Something must be planned, as they added the new AK ranks on PTR to go beyond 40. Which if only for concordance would be a bit pointless

7+ Year Old Account
    I hope not lol, probably get the 4th artifact slot or whatever

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I'm more interest in new artifact skins .
    That's something I doubt. I mean why design new skins when 6-12 months later they get removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    That's something I doubt. I mean why design new skins when 6-12 months later they get removed?
    Every last tier of the expansion has that issue though and just like those weapons, artifact skins we unlock during Legion will be usable for transmog later.

Quote Originally Posted by laplacedemon View Post
    Every last tier of the expansion has that issue though and just like those weapons, artifact skins we unlock during Legion will be usable for transmog later.
    Will they? Do we know that for sure? I mean Blizzard has been pretty secretive when it comes to what happens to artifact weapons.

When you use an AP item on the PTR and open your artifact weapon you can hover over your relic slot and it says there are new traits available at the netherlight crucible. After finishing the story of the first two zones you complete the crucible but at the moment it does nothing. At the moment it seems like we get new traits that are connected with our relic slots.

Will they? Do we know that for sure? I mean Blizzard has been pretty secretive when it comes to what happens to artifact weapons.
    It was in a Q&A last year: Artifacts are just for Legion, but players who've played through Legion will be able to unlock Artifact appearances as permanent transmog for any weapon.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...f-Warcraft-Q-A

It might change of course, but I think it would be a bit strange if they made the skins unusable after Legion. Why waste all that art after all...

Yes we know this for sure. It was in a Q&A, however they said that xmogging them would be available for people who played Legion when it was new only. So better get on it if you want to unlock these for xmog post-legion.

They stated that if you earned the skins in legion you will unlock them for xmog after legion is over.

Do you honestly think they'd let people waste all of that time farming artifact skins just so they could be removed? A year+ worth of work and you don't get to keep anything for transmog even though you farmed it? Yeah that's not happening.

Regardless they already said what was happening. Could change, but I'd bet money that it won't.

I'm more curious about how weapons are going to work for transmogging. Like, I farmed 2 handed mace skins on my paladin for holy, but if holy goes back to 1h+shield next expac am I going to be able to mog those maces? I'm assuming they'll just lift mog restrictions for classes like that but I dunno.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-07-15 at 07:21 PM.

New skins + cool

New giant ass grind just to get where you used to be = not as cool.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    When you use an AP item on the PTR and open your artifact weapon you can hover over your relic slot and it says there are new traits available at the netherlight crucible. After finishing the story of the first two zones you complete the crucible but at the moment it does nothing. At the moment it seems like we get new traits that are connected with our relic slots.
    Yeah, the crucible was part of it...trying to remember the post but it stated something like "complete the crucible to unlock customization of relics." It wasn't that exactly, but that's why I feel like it will be more along the lines of reforging. It will probably allow you to pick something from preset relic talents. Something like a defensive relic having increased healing from Turtle, can be allowed to change to increased dodge, Turtle, or the other defensive for BM. Maybe another relic would let you pick between increased KC damage, AotW duration, or the chance to proc extra damage from KC traits.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the crucible was part of it...trying to remember the post but it stated something like "complete the crucible to unlock customization of relics." It wasn't that exactly, but that's why I feel like it will be more along the lines of reforging. It will probably allow you to pick something from preset relic talents. Something like a defensive relic having increased healing from Turtle, can be allowed to change to increased dodge, Turtle, or the other defensive for BM. Maybe another relic would let you pick between increased KC damage, AotW duration, or the chance to proc extra damage from KC traits.
    Would be nice.

I assume relics were meant to replace weapon drops but in the end there's just so many of them, an even distribution of them would have been impossible, to keep both raiding and M+ interesting.

ToS definately has multiple relics of each type but some traits/builds still rely on a certain boss, on certain difficulty, or even requiring titanforge to be on-par.

Reforging existing relics to other traits would be very nice indeed. But like talents and legendaries, BIS cookie cutter will exist regardless...