Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Out of combat mobility passive?

How would you feel the class balance would be of DK got a baseline ability that gave passive mobility (somehow) while not in combat?

I know a common answer to 'why don't DK have mobility' is that they may be too strong in PvP. I feel like this would solve that. Would DK be too strong with a change like this?

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Im not really sure i understand your request, because what youre asking for is a mount? Death knights already have a passive iirc to get more movement speed while mounted. Anytime youre not out of combat long enough to mount i would argue the passive mobility wouldnt make a difference either

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by franksredhot View Post
    How would you feel the class balance would be of DK got a baseline ability that gave passive mobility (somehow) while not in combat?

I know a common answer to 'why don't DK have mobility' is that they may be too strong in PvP. I feel like this would solve that. Would DK be too strong with a change like this?
    They would have to adjust that to certain stuff like "carrying a flag in a battleground" and similar things.

Besides that, out of combat mobility wouldn't make any real change. We got mounts for that, and only for those 2-3 times when we are in a cave...? Not really worth it.

A talent to trade Wraithwalk for passive mobility (like +15-20%), THAT would be something.

P.S. OH WAIT! Would be active in all dungeons.... I'm in for that :> And nope, nothing that would make us OP. I'd claim that to make us "more enjoyable for the other party members" instead.
    Last edited by mmoce573be3c6a; 2017-08-23 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steakdozer View Post
    They would have to adjust that to certain stuff like "carrying a flag in a battleground" and similar things.

Besides that, out of combat mobility wouldn't make any real change. We got mounts for that, and only for those 2-3 times when we are in a cave...? Not really worth it.

A talent to trade Wraithwalk for passive mobility (like +15-20%), THAT would be something.

P.S. OH WAIT! Would be active in all dungeons.... I'm in for that :> And nope, nothing that would make us OP. I'd claim that to make us "more enjoyable for the other party members" instead.
    Please this. Get rid of wraith walk it sucks and just a cheap knock off of leorics ability. Gladly have a passive run than this failed movement speed ability.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Please this. Get rid of wraith walk it sucks and just a cheap knock off of leorics ability. Gladly have a passive run than this failed movement speed ability.
    So....Death's advance

I hear people talk about this spell, but I started at Legion. How did it work exactly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by franksredhot View Post
    I hear people talk about this spell, but I started at Legion. How did it work exactly?
    http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Death%27s_Advance

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    So....Death's advance
    Still shit tons better than wraith walk.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I too would love one and before more people saying "BUT JUST MOUNT" I'd moreso like one just because of Dungeons and Raids. Since so many Classes have Movement speed/mobility abilities, DK's tend to get left behind easily in dungeons. When running in a group with a Veng DH/Guardian Druid/BRM Monk, they just leap and jump ahead between packs to a point where you get left behind quite often.

Out of combat mobility would help, certainly, but it wouldn't get me to switch mains back to DK.

What I would like is talents like the below, replacing a talent with combat utility but not direct DPS, like Permafrost, March of the Damned, and Lingering Apparition. So the player can choose between runspeed and other powerful utility.

Quickening (Blood)
    Your blood runs quick but thin. You move 30% faster but deal 10% less damage. When Vampiric Blood is active you deal 100% increased damage. This does not affect your threat generation.
    Path of Ice (Frost)
    Channeled (10 sec cast) 30 sec cooldown
    You skate on ice, increasing your movement speed by 50%, decreasing damage taken by 20%, and walking on water. Any action will cancel the effect.

Replaces Wraith Walk.
    Unholy Presence (Unholy)
    You move 15% faster, gain 5% Leech, and movement-impairing effects may not reduce you below 70% of normal movement speed.

Your Wraith Walk lasts 6 sec and its cooldown is reduced by 15 sec.
    Maybe in 8.0. Keep hope alive.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2017-08-24 at 12:13 AM.

Still shit tons better than wraith walk.
    I actually really liked death's advance.that and the option to go unholy presence was great

- - - Updated - - -

Quickening (Blood)
    Your blood runs quick but thin. You move 30% faster but deal 10% less damage. When Vampiric Blood is active you deal 100% increased damage. This does not affect your threat generation.
    the whole damage part linked to vampiric blood would be straight out OP,with both smart uses of red thirst and the legendary belt that would be up to 70% uptime on the 100% damage increase

I actually really liked death's advance.that and the option to go unholy presence was great

- - - Updated - - -

the whole damage part linked to vampiric blood would be straight out OP,with both smart uses of red thirst and the legendary belt that would be up to 70% uptime on the 100% damage increase
    yup 15million hp blood dks hitting dps for half their health with death strike in world pvp. that sounds real fun.

to balance it out VB should make the DK take 1000% more damage and unable to heal, if we're just going into the world of crazy unbalanced stupid shit.

So drop it to 20% or whatever, it's largely flavor for a tank. Not about the numbers.

Just get a second gearset (with crafted leg-belt & boots) to switch to on your bar xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Slagge View Post
    Just get a second gearset (with crafted leg-belt & boots) to switch to on your bar xD.
    This. Or sephuz. I'm almost always the first to get to the next bosses. I don't know about PvP, but PvE's mobility isn't an issue when you have those legendaries. You'd be surprised at how fast DKs are. Yes I know, you're probably laughing, but I have 9 alts. And those legendaries doesn't make dk being the slowest of all the classes. Far from it actually.

Only thing I hate is the small levitation you get from wraith walk. Thankfully it can be solved with a glyph.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously don't know why Death's Advance was taken out of our spellbook to begin with. If it were for PvP, make it an aura to not work within PvP so that PvE players can still make use of the passive because right now it sucks being one of the slowest classes in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    I don't know about PvP, but PvE's mobility isn't an issue when you have those legendaries. You'd be surprised at how fast DKs are.
    Out of combat, sure. In combat, those legendaries are a substantial performance loss.

7+ Year Old Account
    It looks cool though

Quote Originally Posted by NatePsychotic View Post
    I seriously don't know why Death's Advance was taken out of our spellbook to begin with. If it were for PvP, make it an aura to not work within PvP so that PvE players can still make use of the passive because right now it sucks being one of the slowest classes in dungeons.
    It's not. Not with the legendaries.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Out of combat, sure. In combat, those legendaries are a substantial performance loss.
    There's only 5% difference in dps between all my legendaries but the best. I don't know how much of a difference there is between sephuz and the shoulders / chest / new ring, but I doubt there would be more than a 10% difference overall in dungeons. And even if I'm wrong, nothing prevents you to swap gear between each combat. And don't tell me you're constantly in combat because there are a lot of affixes where you need a pause between each trash pack.
    Raid ? Mobility isn't an issue. Each class only need a few second of sprint for every long mechanics, which is what they all have.

Actually, I'm curious. I'd like to see some sort of a straight run to check who is the slowest with your fastest legendaries. I guess someone already done that by now ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    It's not. Not with the legendaries.
    That's the issue though, why must our class be forced to use legendaries to keep up with the group that has good movement speed in dungeons? I don't see many of the classes using move speed leggos to get through the dungeon. Without legendaries, we should have reasonable movespeed.