Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Tôi đặt cược họ cũng không thích bạn.

Quote Originally Posted by Iconja View Post
    I should clarify, what I'm saying is I think it's weird to just spout French and nothing else when the entire lobby speaks English, where's the logic in that? And why would you speak Russian when you're playing on European or even American servers, it just seems so strange to me.

I know other languages exist and I know that not everyone speaks decent or even half decent English but if you don't speak English, why say anything at all, what's the point.

It'd be like if I went into a lobby and the first thing I said was: ''Hej alle sammen, hvordan går det? Jeg glæder mig til at spille med jer'' it doesn't make any sense to me.
    Dont even try, this discussion is taboo for half the idiotic population out there.

Requesting to speak English, in an English speaking server at selection, is a blasphemy, because you somehow insulted their family asking them to communicate.

Either way, there isnt anything you can do, most of the time its probably some kid that hasnt learnt yet/at all, especially in League of Legends.

Russians are different, they can communicate, they refuse too because English is "For american scum" they still live in the ideals of the Cold War.

French are still butthurt about wars from 300 years ago.

Do what i do.

"Speak English or lose" and if they continue to not communicate i make them lose, its quite easy in Dota so.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schalde View Post
    If there is only english server to join its ofcourse fine they write another language, but the question is more.. why they do it because there is a very good chance none will understand it and they know it.
    Some people write/speak foreign languages on English speaking servers for the sole purpose of trolling people. I know a couple of bilingual people who purposefully speak different languages to upset people. It's fucked up but hey it's the internet where everyone is allowed to be a little shit if they want.

What region are you playing in? Is it a North American server? European?

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Do what i do.

"Speak English or lose" and if they continue to not communicate i make them lose, its quite easy in Dota so.
    I hope they at least utilize the report functionality for throwing games.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    What region are you playing in? Is it a North American server? European?

I hope they at least utilize the report functionality for throwing games.
    They do, i am in "Punish mode" 90% of the time, its irrelevant, i just want to play a game every now and then and trust me, a good player trying to get out of punishment plays much better than some non-English speaking scrub in the queue.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxz View Post
    They're probably better than you so it doesn't matter.
    Did you just assume my skill level bro?

Requesting to speak English, in an English speaking server at selection
    The right to speak a native language is a basic human right, explicitly stated in EU statutes. So yes, requesting people speak English when they can not or don't want is inappropriate.

Just ignore them? I mean, this is usually my advice for any trolling but it seems like literally the only option in this case. You could go make a thread bitching about it but that isn't exactly going to solve anything.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    The right to speak a native language is a basic human right, explicitly stated in EU statutes. So yes, requesting people speak English when they can not or don't want is inappropriate.
    Requesting is not inappropriate, forcing is. I request most people that play on specifically English Language servers to speak English. I won't force them to though, That is what the mute button is for.

Dont even try, this discussion is taboo for half the idiotic population out there.

Requesting to speak English, in an English speaking server at selection, is a blasphemy, because you somehow insulted their family asking them to communicate.

Either way, there isnt anything you can do, most of the time its probably some kid that hasnt learnt yet/at all, especially in League of Legends.

Russians are different, they can communicate, they refuse too because English is "For american scum" they still live in the ideals of the Cold War.

French are still butthurt about wars from 300 years ago.

Do what i do.

The irony in this post is simply amazing, thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only agree. I am not a native English speaker but assume English is the default when joining an online lobby.

If someone starts typing/speaking in Spanish or French (have a native/fluent level myself) I like to tell them to speak English. It's hilarious to see some people insult me in their native tongue (talking to themselves basically), assuming that I do not understand them lol.

I also have a weird fetish for joining Spanish speaking lobbies and using English. They get so riled up, it's fucking hilarious.

I don't know why people do it. I can understand if they do it once, just to ask if someone speaks their language, but if you tell them that nobody understands and that they should speak English–while still continuing writing in whatever language they got, I think they got some sort of combination of letters and IQ-goldfish.

In before a barrage of "Huehuehuehuehue"s

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah it is annoying.

English is the world language, you should be forced to speak it in game.

cyka blyat, kurwa chuj pizdiec.

I dont give a crap about this.

Deleted
    Sometimes when we're 4 people and get a random russian, he will start speaking russian even if theres no one there to understand what he's saying, like he's using the game as his own personal rusblog.
    What's up with that? It happens so often in games i play, they join alone and speak with themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Sometimes when we're 4 people and get a random russian, he will start speaking russian even if theres no one there to understand what he's saying, like he's using the game as his own personal rusblog.
    What's up with that? It happens so often in games i play, they join alone and speak with themselves.
    Well i always ask gently if they can repeat what they said in english, if they ignore, i just ignore what they write on the chat. Simple as that, i don't see a reason to be mad or irritated about this.

Stood in the Fire LegendaryDude's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    We had this in another thread quite a while ago. Aside from me thinking that in todays world, it's absolutely ridiculous to not be fluid in english by the time you leave school, if you regularily traverse the internet, just fucking learn it already. You can speak your native language literally everywhere else, but online, there is only 1 language, and it's english.

The only language I know is English. But I can honestly say I don't care if others don't. I mean it is a language that people are born from and know so it is really odd for me to expect differently of them. Can I get frustrated that we cannot communicate at times? Sure. But do I take it out on them? No. It is just something I have learned to live with on the world wide internet.

Deleted
    I'm French and most of the people I play with just find it funny to rage in French in the LoL chat because we're aware that 90% of the time when you meet someone talking in French they will either talk shit or be angry and it's fun to play as that stereotypical retard. Most of the time when they're having a bad game and start flaming to have fun there's always a couple of frenchies who will reply, genuinely mad. It creates such a shitfest of rage, it's hilarious.

I don't mind it when people talk in another language, if they are too spammy with the messages I just use the mute button present in all the games I play and move on. Same thing if they mention my username or something in their discussion.