Page 33 of 33 FirstFirst ...
    I'd be willing to bet that a higher percentage of LFR-only players toggle their subs on and off than do normal+ raiders.

So why should blizzard burn two-months of subs from those players?

"Oh, but I'll just quit and resub when it's open rawr rawr rawr"
    "and all my friends do the same rawr rawr rawr"
    "and I don't know what anecdotal evidence is rawr rawr rawr"
    Great! But again, I'd be willing to bet blizzard has a bunch of data that correlates a sub drop off within a modest time of LFRs full release.

Blizzard is a company. They are out to make money. They aren't evil for doing that.

If they have designed a timeline which keeps you subbed and logging in to play a game, then they are providing you with entertainment and deserve your money.
    If you don't like it, stop subbing. They are kind enough to let you toggle it on and off a month at a time. That's really pretty generous considering it means you could just wait out an entire xpac until the last month or two: the game itself only costs ~40% of the original price and you render 12+ months of subbing unnecessary by doing catch up mechanics for two hours.

Quote Originally Posted by fosheeze View Post
    I think part of the reason they gate LFR wings is because people in LFR don't care about the loot (for the most part). Most LFR-only people just want to "see the content" - which means they will probably only do it once or twice if they liked it.. Time gating content keeps those players around longer than if you had released it all at once.
    Maybe, I always did LFR as a means to collect tier pieces for transmog. Which exception of WoD of course, since LFR didn't give tier loot. I got it from garrison missions instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post

It's mind boggling.

"Oh, but I'm anti-social, I can't talk or play with other players." Then why are you playing an MMO? Holy fuck. I hate driving, but let me go apply to be a Nascar driver and complain about how they don't have trophies for the slowest drivers because I'm scared to go fast.

Irony.

It is attitudes like this that can push people into being more asocial than they would normally be. Basically you are probably helping to create exactly what you hate and then complaining about it.

BTW, very few people are actually anti-social. Asocial behavior is usually what you encounter in gaming... There is a big difference.

Also, WoW is a game with probably over 1,000 hours of solo play available in it, so it can very easily attract asocial types (by design) so it should hardly be surprising to find a lot of fans of solo play in the game.

The MMO classification is a bit overrated anyway since most group content specificly limits the number of other players to way less than "massive" numbers (usually from 5 to 30... And nothing in that range is exactly what I would call massive). So it is kind of comical when someone that intentionally limits thier play to smaller groups starts lecturing others about how they are playing an MMO wrong.
    Last edited by Wingspan; 2017-07-01 at 02:17 AM.

What's worse, they believe they're entitled to the same rewards and treatment as people who actually raid.
    Wrong on both count.

They do not get the same rewards. They are getting inferior rewards.

They are not getting the same treatment, They are getting inferior treatment because Blizzard refuse to devote time to anything else but raids.

It's mind boggling.

"Oh, but I'm anti-social, I can't talk or play with other players." Then why are you playing an MMO? Holy fuck. I hate driving, but let me go apply to be a Nascar driver and complain about how they don't have trophies for the slowest drivers because I'm scared to go fast.
    It is mind boggling how blind people are. Yeah. Continue to see the way you want to believe to be rather than is.

In regards to the first part where you quoted me, I said they believe they're entitled to it. I'm well aware they receive inferior rewards and inferior treatment. But they think they're entitled to more. Reading is just absolutely mind boggling, isn't it?
    And with that correction, you are still wrong. YOU BELIEVE they believe they are entitled to it. That is your perception.
    In regards to your second quote, I will continue to see things from my perspective. I'm not blind, I actually see through the bullshit like most others on this forum. I have no fucking clue what your second sentence even means.
    You are can see things how ever you like. You can believe the world is flat. That does not make it true nor the same view as other people. You see others people in a way that is not true but you still perceive them as that is the way they are.

But again that is your own short sightedness.

You don't even understand the concept of the acronym MMO and why they call it that. Therefore, I find it a safe assumption you have no clue what you're even talking about. It's quite apparent.
    Massive multipleplayer online. It means lots of people player in the same game. It does not imply everything needs to be done in a grouped. Earlier MMO games did not have raids or enforced group. That came after.

You don't even understand the concept of the acronym MMO and why they call it that. Therefore, I find it a safe assumption you have no clue what you're even talking about. It's quite apparent.

Considering that part of my post was specifically aimed at deconstructing the concept of "massive" as it pertains to WoW, yeah, I think know who is having difficulty with concepts here.

So when you tell me that I have no clue, it is (again) just full of delicious irony.

Thanks!

It's simple. Want to do the content the day it's released? Join a guild or PuG it. Blizzard isn't going to change their business model. If you want to do it the easiest way possible then wait.

If you follow this logic, why dont they delay normal and heroic too?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Just make a real group... Blizzard wants you to experience it properly. You know, co-operating just a little bit at least. You can do normal. Anyone can do normal.
    If they would want us eperience it properly they would not have 4 difficulty levels for same type of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndor View Post
    If they would want us eperience it properly they would not have 4 difficulty levels for same type of content.
    They do want you to experience it properly, they just understand that most people aren't going to anyway, so they compromise.

Blah blah blah blah. You typed all that and said nothing, really. I guess you didn't even read the OP, who feels entitled to the same benefits. I suppose that's above you're level of comprehension, and you're bold enough to tell someone else they're blind. Ha ha.
    Says the persons who is now only just throwing insults without adding anything.

Yeah, you're the only one having difficulty. You don't even understand MMO (again), so I don't really have much faith in a deeper intellect residing within you.

Again, quite apparent.

No, thank you, the pleasure is all mine.

---

Heh heh, that would be some tough logic to break there if you actually offered any (or a counter argument or nearly anything else).

But hey, your "If I say it long enough, it will eventually be true" tactic looks can't-miss... So just run with that.

Make me proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Kuruption View Post
    I still can't get over the fact some people actually want to do LFR.
    To get BLP