Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Never, ever, ever, discuss business publicly when you're one of the business involved. Things get ugly real fast.
    Ah, so I get to deal with people who have inside knowledge equal to "my uncle works at Nintendo". Seems its only a possibility and not a real thing that Microsoft is being the big bad final fantasy boss. Who knows whats been going on behind closed doors. Ill stick to whats been said though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Ah, so I get to deal with people who have inside knowledge equal to "my uncle works at Nintendo". Seems its only a possibility and not a real thing that Microsoft is being the big bad final fantasy boss. Who knows whats been going on behind closed doors. Ill stick to whats been said though.
    We'll never know and all we got is speculation to begin with. There's a lot of things we don't know and we can only infer out of the stuff that we do. Doesn't mean that there can't be very obvious falsehoods there like "Sony doesn't support cross play" that are easily refuted.

10+ Year Old Account
    We'll never know and all we got is speculation to begin with. There's a lot of things we don't know and we can only infer out of the stuff that we do. Doesn't mean that there can't be very obvious falsehoods there like "Sony doesn't support cross play" that are easily refuted.
    Of course. However, they could very easily make a better argument for why they chose what they chose. They could easily say "We were not able to reach a deal with microsoft we felt was fair for everyone, we hope to in the future and will work towards it." Would be a real communication, make Sony look fine, and give credence to those who would rather state falsehoods and unknowns on this forum.

Instead they said "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"

while Nintendo just released a nice lil minecraft trailer that said better together with a switch and Xbox One S build in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course. However, they could very easily make a better argument for why they chose what they chose. They could easily say "We were not able to reach a deal with microsoft we felt was fair for everyone, we hope to in the future and will work towards it." Would be a real communication, make Sony look fine, and give credence to those who would rather state falsehoods and unknowns on this forum.

Instead they said "THINK OF THE CHILDREN!"

while Nintendo just released a nice lil minecraft trailer that said better together with a switch and Xbox One S build in the game.
    There is no good answer to it with how Microsoft portrayed it. The reason why you don't want to go with what you said actually is because of negotiations may still be an option. Saying that flat out denies it in the public and while it sounds nice, it can bite you in the ass if you want to go back on it. (Ignoring different business practices in Japan)

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no good answer to it with how Microsoft portrayed it. The reason why you don't want to go with what you said actually is because of negotiations may still be an option. Saying that flat out denies it in the public and while it sounds nice, it can bite you in the ass if you want to go back on it. (Ignoring different business practices in Japan)
    Sony is very experienced in world business. They could have done something better than the "think of the children!" argument. It makes them look kinda silly since Nintendo is the child friendly one anyway lol. They can just say they are still in negotiations or they need to see some things first before anything, plenty of more rational and understandable ways. Instead we have their official argument, and online posters making up new arguments based on conjecture. It is a shame,

10+ Year Old Account
    Sony is very experienced in world business. They could have done something better than the "think of the children!" argument. It makes them look kinda silly since Nintendo is the child friendly one anyway lol. They can just say they are still in negotiations or they need to see some things first before anything, plenty of more rational and understandable ways. Instead we have their official argument, and online posters making up new arguments based on conjecture. It is a shame,
    They CAN'T say that because Microsoft already said they aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    They CAN'T say that because Microsoft already said they aren't.
    Oh well, I am sure they coulda said something much better than "think of the children" as Nintendo lulz

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, I am sure they coulda said something much better than "think of the children" as Nintendo lulz
    Then what? Non answer is the best they can since there is a no mid ground, it's a lose lose situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then what? Non answer is the best they can since there is a no mid ground, it's a lose lose situation.
    Its better to build a better cushion then fall on their face. The think of the children argument was a horrid idea in this scenario.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its better to build a better cushion then fall on their face. The think of the children argument was a horrid idea in this scenario.
    So what should they say? You keep saying it as if there is one. There's a lot of things that can bite you in the ass you don't want to say and I don't see one atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what should they say? You keep saying it as if there is one. There's a lot of things that can bite you in the ass you don't want to say and I don't see one atm.
    Prob better to say something along the lines of they couldn't work out a deal they found fair for everyone. Thats it. twitter twits and forum bashers would go about their usual business for a day.

I mean come on now...
    SONY: "think of the children!"
    Nintendo: "Have fun with the xbox players, kids!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Prob better to say something along the lines of they couldn't work out a deal they found fair for everyone. Thats it. twitter twits and forum bashers would go about their usual business for a day.

I mean come on now...
    SONY: "think of the children!"
    Nintendo: "Have fun with the xbox players, kids!"
    So we going in circles?
    Should I copy paste the previous replies??

10+ Year Old Account
    So we going in circles?
    Should I copy paste the previous replies??
    If you want. Seems pretty harmless, unless literally anything is bad to say. Sony picked one of the dumber ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want. Seems pretty harmless, unless literally anything is bad to say. Sony picked one of the dumber ones.
    It seems harmless isn't the same as actually being harmless. Talking about failed negotiations as a finished deal is hard to go back to doing negotiations. You don't want to do that. At the same time you can't reveal business dealings in detail unless you really like law suits.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems harmless isn't the same as actually being harmless. Talking about failed negotiations as a finished deal is hard to go back to doing negotiations. You don't want to do that. At the same time you can't reveal business dealings in detail unless you really like law suits.
    Thats why its fairly vague with my suggestion. They pay people who know how to spin. If it was their PR time who thought of "think of the children!" they may need to hire some new ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats why its fairly vague with my suggestion. They pay people who know how to spin. If it was their PR time who thought of "think of the children!" they may need to hire some new ones.
    It isn't vague though, it's actually extremely clear cut. A non answer is the best anyone can do and that's what they did, sure you might not like it but from a business stand points it's hard to say anything else. Think of the children wasn't their only answer before anyways. That was specific to minecraft, the others they've said is that they leave it to the developers and that they've supported it since PS2. Both non answers but that is the reality of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It isn't vague though, it's actually extremely clear cut. A non answer is the best anyone can do and that's what they did, sure you might not like it but from a business stand points it's hard to say anything else. Think of the children wasn't their only answer before anyways. That was specific to minecraft, the others they've said is that they leave it to the developers and that they've supported it since PS2. Both non answers but that is the reality of it.
    Gives no details.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gives no details.
    *sigh* repeat previous post, again. Can you just... think a bit without your own vendetta getting in the way for a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    *sigh* repeat previous post, again. Can you just... think a bit without your own vendetta getting in the way for a bit.
    I dont have a vendetta though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont have a vendetta though.
    Then why did you post so much about not liking Sony stuff during E3 and the past multiple threads about this subject.
    I do know where my bias stands but do you.