All SCT Addons not working

Hey Guys.

Every once in a while I like to "kill" my UI, meaning i delete my WTF, all Addons and starting over to get a fresh look, keep my folders clean and maybe discover something new.

So I decided to try (a) new Addon(s) for my Scrolling Combat Text as I haven't been using such thing for the past few years.
    First thing I tried was Nameplate Scrolling Combat Text (Curse Link) and I really liked it, however sometimes when fighting bigger Bosses Nameplates don't really fulfill the purpose. (Archimonde, any1? )

(Additionally, especially when running mythic+ dungeons, damage numbers wouldn't disappear until I did a /reload - maybe some1 got a fix for that?)

No other SCT Addons seem to be working. I tried MSBT, Parrot, Parrot 2, Xct and Xct+.

On all of them I have the same issue:
    With the first login i can customize them normally, they are working correctly and the way I customize them and when I do a logout and log back in, nothing is working anymore.
    Can't enter the Addon options, when I hit e.g. a training dummy there are no numbers showing at all unless I enable Floating Combat Text (/console floatingCombatTextCombatDamage 1).

Not sure what is happening here, but since it's a problem showing with all Addons (besides Namplate SCT, but yea don't really want to use that) I figured there's something messing with my files, so I did a full reset again but still same problem.

Does someone have an alternative Addon that I can try or a fix to my problem?

Slightly off-topic, but I've got some bizarre things going on with my UI (I think just too many Weak Auras running at once).

How do you get a fresh copy of your WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    Slightly off-topic, but I've got some bizarre things going on with my UI (I think just too many Weak Auras running at once).

How do you get a fresh copy of your WTF?
    That means deleting it. If you think your UI may have been bloated over time, copy your WTF folder to somewhere safe, like your Documents folder, then delete the one in your WoW folder. When you login after that, go through your whole addon list and make sure you have things enabled you really want.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    That means deleting it. If you think your UI may have been bloated over time, copy your WTF folder to somewhere safe, like your Documents folder, then delete the one in your WoW folder. When you login after that, go through your whole addon list and make sure you have things enabled you really want.
    If I delete it, will the launcher recreate the missing folder?

And yeah, there's a LOT of items on that list I want gone. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PragmaticGamer View Post
    If I delete it, will the launcher recreate the missing folder?

And yeah, there's a LOT of items on that list I want gone. :-)
    The launcher will recreate anything you delete, just don't delete the Data folder, since that's the entire main install. Everything else can be "reset" by simply deleting it. In this case, just delete WTF. Make sure you copy it before you delete it, just in case you want some addon settings back or you change your mind.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

I've had no problems with MSBT. Haven't used Parrot(2) in years, so not sure of that status. What are you not getting to work with MSBT?

Parrot2 is updated and working great. I use it daily. It was last updated June 7th

https://mods.curse.com/addons/wow/parrot2

I use it in addition to combat text, to output my error text and weakaura text notifications

If you use weakauras, you can output to a parrot frame like so (example here is the default "Notification")

Code:
    Parrot:ShowMessage("Recast Immolate!", "Notification", true, 0.8, 0, 0, nil , 28, nil, "Interface\\Icons\\Spell_fire_felimmolation")

This is the API

Arguments:
    string - the text you wish to show.
    [optional] string - the scroll area to show in. Default: "Notification"
    [optional] boolean - whether to show in the sticky-style, e.g. crits. Default: false
    [optional] number - [0, 1] the red part of the color. Default: 1
    [optional] number - [0, 1] the green part of the color. Default: 1
    [optional] number - [0, 1] the blue part of the color. Default: 1
    [optional] string - the font to use (as determined by SharedMedia-1.0). Defaults to the scroll area's setting.
    [optional] number - the font size to use. Defaults to the scroll area's setting.
    [optional] string - the font outline to use. Defaults to the scroll area's setting.
    [optional] string - the icon texture to show alongside the message.
    Notes:
    * See :GetScrollAreasValidate() for a validation list of scroll areas.
    * Messages are suppressed if the user has set a specific suppression matching the text.
    Example:
    Parrot:ShowMessage("Hello, world!", "Notification", false, 0.5, 0.5, 1)
    Last edited by Ceylina; 2017-07-18 at 10:25 PM.