Poll: How tall should the wall be?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    four huindred feet high built with the corpses of dead draenei.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by sefrimutro View Post
    I thought it was a metaphor
    Trump should hire you.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Shining force is my fondest genesis memory, but I don't think you can call Bowie anynthing other than idiotic.

To OP: have you seen GoT? your wall needs to be at least that big.
    Yes it's a great series and a wall that tall would be infeasible.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)

10+ Year Old Account
    over NINE THOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSAND feet. Only way to guarantee it will satisfy the egos of many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    You know the one towards the Mexican border.
    The same height as the walls around the Vatican.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Can you do that in an actual measurement?

50 meters is not enough to stop the Giant Titan, so it should be at least 75, just to be safe.

Deleted
    Just give out the info that the majority of white americans are racists having posters of anime girls and Kekistan on their walls.

Btw if i see an american in a car accident i will build a wall around him so he can beg for the bananahaired man to come save him.

Like 2 meters.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

10+ Year Old Account
    He needs to compensate for those small hands.

That means he has to go over 40 feet or admit the Pope's is bigger. No wire, solid rock or the Pope's is harder too!

Really, he'd might as well give up. His is going to measure up much shorter than the Chinese.

With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

Deleted
    How tall was the wall in 300, where they used corpses? Because they'll have plenty with Trumpcare

Edit, there we go, about that tall:

Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    You know the one towards the Mexican border.
    tall enough to provide a sound foundation for automated mini gun turrets facing south.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave it as is, and do something that's actually useful, if you want to deal with illegals. Focus on active defense, not passive one. Walls have always failed.

Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    He needs to compensate for those small hands.

That means he has to go over 40 feet or admit the Pope's is bigger. No wire, solid rock or the Pope's is harder too!

Really, he'd might as well give up. His is going to measure up much shorter than the Chinese.

Note that all three these walls were remarkably effective, despite the existence of ladders and shovels.

China is factually not in Mongolia.

The Vatican is factually not part of Italy.

The Berlin Wall stood until Reagan made Russia open the gate with just words.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2017-07-01 at 03:07 PM.

I just want a grand wall. I just want to step out of my house in Milwaukee, Wi and just see a golden horizon.
    AMD Build: | CPU: FX-9590 OEM 8-Core(4.7 GHz) Black Edition | GPU: STRIX R9 380 2GB(x1) | Ram: 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    Main: Samsung 850 500GB | BU: WDC Caviar Blue 2TB(x2) | Power: Corsair CX500 | Mobo: Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 [Old faithful!]

Now my living room center piece and open case HTPC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Note that all three these walls were remarkably effective, despite the existence of ladders and shovels.

China is factually not in Mongolia.

The Vatican is factually not part of Italy.

The Berlin Wall stood until Reagan made Russia open the gate with just words.
    No, they were not effective. People who wanted to get over and around them, pretty much did. Also, the very same thing that happened to Berlin wall will quite possibly happen to your American/Mexican wall. That wall is nothing but a symbol to racism, and an expensive one at that.

As I said earlier, if you want to actually do something about this, focus on active defense, not passive one.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-07-01 at 03:17 PM.

Deleted
    Lets be honest, america has done dumber yhings with their money.

Could be a fun tv show; catapulting mexicans over the wall

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    0 inch. Exactly as efficient and way less expensive.
    So barriers, be it natural or man made wouldn't make a difference?

Really? You honestly believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    No, they were not effective. People who wanted to get over and around them, pretty much did. Also, the very same thing that happened to Berlin wall will quite possibly happen to your American/Mexican wall. That wall is nothing but a symbol to racism, and an expensive one at that.

As I said earlier, if you want to actually do something about this, focus on active defense, not passive one.
    So, in your mind, the Great Wall of China didn't work? In your mind, the Berlin wall didn't work, and people just bypassed it daily? I don't even...

You know we have like, border patrol guys and such, that will watch the wall, right? We don't intend to build the wall and then fire the border patrol agents. The idea is that when dudes climb over, you see that via cameras, and you run and go pick them up. This is not a difficult concept, yet lefties just struggle with it for some reason. Saying you don't want the wall is fine. Saying walls don't do anything is engineering denial.

About 2 feet seems just right.

I'm still waiting for the taco truck on every corner that was promised to me.