Page 1 of 2
LastLast

NPR tweets the whole Declaration of Independence, Trump supporters lose it

https://www.yahoo.com/news/npr-tweet...065239684.html

National Public Radio tweeted out the Declaration of Independence on Tuesday to mark the holiday, but not everyone got what they were doing.

Some supporters of Donald Trump didn’t recognize one of the nation’s founding documents and accused the broadcaster of inciting violence and even revolution.
    Trump supporters take protecting Trump to such a point they'll blast the DoI. The real issue here though, and the one they'll miss completely, is if the DoI talks of being liberated from tyranny and Trump's own supporters think that matches up with Trump....then why are they supporting him at all?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post

Trump supporters take protecting Trump to such a point they'll blast the DoI. The real issue here though, and the one they'll miss completely, is if the DoI talks of being liberated from tyranny and Trump's own supporters think that matches up with Trump....then why are they supporting him at all?
    Theres a lot of idiots out there, but this article is just clickbait. Here are some of the examples of triggered trump supporters:

They are literally just saying "stop spamming"

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post
    Theres a lot of idiots out there, but this article is just clickbait. Here are some of the examples of triggered trump supporters:

They are literally just saying "stop spamming"
    No, no. They had no idea it was the DoI. They thought NPR was calling people to arms over Trump. Look at the tweets you quoted. The last one for example, calls it trash.

>like 20-30 cherrypicked tweets
    >omg trump supporters are losing it!

a huffington post article. what a shocker

Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    >like 20-30 cherrypicked tweets
    >omg trump supporters are losing it!

a huffington post article. what a shocker
    Yeah, we should under react, like banning entire countries from traveling here, when no one form those countries committed any terrorist acts in the US. Talk about cherry picking.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Literally no one is going to read 5000 tweets on this trash"

Reminds me of the people that were tweeting about how much Obamacare sucked and how it should be replaced by the ACA.

The level of stupidity in this country...

Quote Originally Posted by halloaa View Post

They are literally just saying "stop spammin
    Exactly one of those tweets you highlighted is about being spammed. The other is how it's "not the right place" which, given the tweet it was replying to is hard to interpret about being spammed. The last one literally calls the Declaration of Independence trash.

Yea...

While i doubt any of them has read the DoI. I do agree tweeting such a long text is nothing but spam. They could have posted a tweetlonger or something.

Quote Originally Posted by TwistedSkull View Post
    While i doubt any of them has read the DoI. I do agree tweeting such a long text is nothing but spam. They could have posted a tweetlonger or something.
    Yeah this. Were they really offended or just annoyed at the spam?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, no. They had no idea it was the DoI. They thought NPR was calling people to arms over Trump. Look at the tweets you quoted. The last one for example, calls it trash.
    Trashing being the idea of spamming the DoI in 140 characters in a series of tweets that clogs people's notifications. I'm a liberal who supports NPR and I think it was a dumb idea.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Trashing being the idea of spamming the DoI in 140 characters in a series of tweets that clogs people's notifications. I'm a liberal who supports NPR and I think it was a dumb idea.
    What kind of Tweet is a good idea? It's Twitter, 99.999999% of all Tweets are dumber than the dirt the person was standing on when typing it out.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    What kind of Tweet is a good idea? It's Twitter, 99.999999% of all Tweets are dumber than the dirt the person was standing on when typing it out.
    Well, sure.

But turning a document like the DoI into a series of tweets is an even worse idea.
    Putin khuliyo

The thing is people may have NPR on their notifications due to interesting articles or important bits of information or breaking news. Not a super long string of tweets about a "Today in history"..

"Please stop. This is not the right place..." could be referring to just writing an article and posting a link to it on their twitter instead of what they tried doing.

Deleted
    I can understand how they feel. I would hate to be spammed with messages written by traitours also.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    After giving it a bit more thought I eventually sort of worked myself over to this side of the table.

On the other hand, I don't really know how one could stand Twitter at all if they had it setup to actually notify them on NPR (or any other account's) tweets. That's the kind of thing your grandmother does when she finally upgrades her Motorola flip phone to a smartphone, then every time you see her she's always complaining about all these damn messages on her phone. It's hard for me to seriously believe most of the people that were claiming they were bothered because it was 'spam' (particularly when taking the rest of their messages into account).

On the other other hand, I also use Twitter about once a week, if that, so maybe I'm not the best judge for how people should use Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    After giving it a bit more thought I eventually sort of worked myself over to this side of the table.

On the other hand, I don't really know how one could stand Twitter at all if they had it setup to actually notify them on NPR (or any other account's) tweets. That's the kind of thing your grandmother does when she finally upgrades her Motorola flip phone to a smartphone, then every time you see her she's always complaining about all these damn messages on her phone. It's hard for me to seriously believe most of the people that were claiming they were bothered because it was 'spam' (particularly when taking the rest of their messages into account).

On the other other hand, I also use Twitter about once a week, if that, so maybe I'm not the best judge for how people should use Twitter.
    Yeah, even a brief glance at the NPR twitter can tell you that its already spammy as hell.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

When I think of people who have NPR set to alert on their Twitter feed, I think of Trump supporters. Yeah, that's the ticket. Those uninformed, stupid, NPR following...Trump supporters?

Trump supporters are fans of tyranny when they are the ones in charge.

7+ Year Old Account

Of course they didn't recognize it. I don't imagine many Russians have read it.

Should i should repeat what npr did in this thread just to see how folks here react? I'll make sure to quote the OP each time.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."