Deleted

New to end-game, usually bottom dps.. need help with gear/talents [UH]

Hi, 3 weeks ago I got my DK up to 110, got my ilvl up to 891 thanks to a new legendary [Uvanimor?] that I got 2 days ago, and the belt. Problem is.. everyone talks about legendaries using just acronyms and I don't know what many people talk about here, I need help with knowing what talents are the best + rotation + legendaries that aren't shitty, my luck isn't great so is it possible to not be very mediocre dps without the ..prydaz[?] legendary and whatnot, others and such, sorry if I look like a complete idiot, I don't have much time to play but I do enjoy raids/mythics. Just sucks that I can't do too well in there.

Deleted
    Regarding talents, we have a couple of choices but most prefer to go with,

Ebon Fever
    Pestilent pustules/Blighted Rune Weapon
    Unholy frenzy / Clawing Shadows
    Sludge Belcher
    Whatever is best for the content
    Infected Claws (People wil change to Shadow Infusion when they have the legendary Shoulders)
    Dark Arbitar

Gear wise is always personal pref and just remember to sim yourself as much as possible, For example my sims says for my gear my stat weight are :

Mastery > Strength > Vers > Haste = Crit

Few last points, join the DK acherus discord channel, we actually have a great community on there and there are always people willing to check logs and answer questions.

Have a read through the Unholy DK Guide - h ttps://docs.google.com/document/d/12B-ZLbhTUlYPV1ek_90uGLZiOP5EuZeIoejZOYzR4L0/edit#
    (I can't post links so there is a space between the H and the TTP

Some videos worth checking that i found useful - h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mirDvm3N8M&t=5s
    (I can't post links so there is a space between the H and the TTP

Finally apologies for my English, it's not my first language but any other questions just post here and i'll check back when i get some time.

Quote Originally Posted by kunfuzed View Post
    Hi, 3 weeks ago I got my DK up to 110, got my ilvl up to 891 thanks to a new legendary [Uvanimor?] that I got 2 days ago, and the belt. Problem is.. everyone talks about legendaries using just acronyms and I don't know what many people talk about here, I need help with knowing what talents are the best + rotation + legendaries that aren't shitty, my luck isn't great so is it possible to not be very mediocre dps without the ..prydaz[?] legendary and whatnot, others and such, sorry if I look like a complete idiot, I don't have much time to play but I do enjoy raids/mythics. Just sucks that I can't do too well in there.
    In my signature is a relic sheet and guide that explains a lot of stuff about Unholy. I try to always make sure to use the full names of things for reasons like you explained, as not everyone knows the abbreviations.
    Also if you're looking for more help you can join the Unholiest Discord and people there are very helpful with things if you have questions
    https://discord.gg/AyW5RUW

I don't know anything about DKs, but here's a video which will help you sim your gear:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1jcbak6qyE

Simming answers most of the questions when it comes to which piece of gear you should equip.

Stat weights for Frost is quite different to other classes in the game. We have no hard and fast stack stat other than iLvl boosts, and even then its tricky.

As others have stated, Pawn and sims such as Raidbots will serve you well.

- - - Updated - - -

One other thing, is that for Frost our DPS in ToS appear different to NH basically due to having to find windows for popping BoS. Breath segments will be shorter but more punchy due to new legendary combinations, boss mechanics and T20 set bonus. Learn the fights and learn your best opportunities for your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by AzureinJA View Post
    Stat weights for Frost is quite different to other classes in the game. We have no hard and fast stack stat other than iLvl boosts, and even then its tricky.

As others have stated, Pawn and sims such as Raidbots will serve you well.

- - - Updated - - -

One other thing, is that for Frost our DPS in ToS appear different to NH basically due to having to find windows for popping BoS. Breath segments will be shorter but more punchy due to new legendary combinations, boss mechanics and T20 set bonus. Learn the fights and learn your best opportunities for your breath.
    I mean to be fair the threads topic even says this is about Unholy :P

Deleted
    Thanks everyone for the answers, it's a lot of help. Also about the discord, will be joining!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kunfuzed View Post
    Thanks everyone for the answers, it's a lot of help. Also about the discord, will be joining!
    Another tip- pug normal ToS. Then pug it again, then again. Keep practicing in a real raid setting. It's much better than a target dummy. Get comfortable with the fights until it's all second nature and muscle memory. Know when to pop XY ability and when not to. Keep at it!
    When I was learning BoS back in 7 1 5 I killed almost every boss in EN 6 times before my raid began that night. I watched 2 other dudes pop BoS seconds before Elere went up in her web and wasted the spell lol.

BoS is a roulette, for Kiljaeden and other bosses if you just popped BoS and then get a debuff where you have to gtfo out of the group / away from the boss, you are lost :-/