Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Do you like ToS?

So... do you like ToS?

My guild has cleared it up to 3 first mythic bosses, but each week seem to feel pain to me. Even on heroic there are mechanics that will wipe you easily, if failed a single time. There were some mechanics in previous raids that were also bad when you failed, but you could often continue and they were generally easier to handle anyway.

Generally ToS feels more stresful and harder than EN or NH were.

yeah just do heroic but dont know why just not feeling ToS. I like guldan fight better than KJ. Host is too confusing to explain to new people. But tos still better than EN/Tov imo. NH still best so far

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    yeah just do heroic but dont know why just not feeling ToS. I like guldan fight better than KJ. Host is too confusing to explain to new people. But tos still better than EN/Tov imo. NH still best so far
    What part of host is confusing?

Not particularly. Loads of bosses have mechanics that are just not fun(Mistress' green puddles, KJ's intermissions + obelisks, Avatar's chaos stuff that doesn't consistently spawn directly under you, residues on Host), the only boss I think is very good is Maiden. Nothing to do with the difficulty, the bosses are just either "okay" or not fun for the most part.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-07-20 at 10:48 PM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Yes.

/10char

I wish it would've lasted longer. My guild had to do it on normal first because of iLvl upgrades. After that heroic just felt like being on a conveyor belt

Deleted
    No, I think it is dull and I'm fucking done with green dark fel shit.

The only good thing about ToS is less trash than in Nighthold

ToS bosses are boring with stupid mechanics.
    Of all the bosses I only like Avatar, I guess.
    Kil'Jaeden as a soak shit machine and fog of war is not only making some classes more desirable due to some mechanics than other (which Blizzard said they would be going away from, yet still...) but also the flying makes the fight so stupid just standing there and soaking or taking lasers to the face.
    Archimonde fight was much more entertaining, and god, how I loved the Pit Lord with all that Glaive dodging and tanks getting knocked off...

And who was so retarded and invented such a stupid mechanic like Atrigan and Belac or Desolate*? Gosh.

Oh, and I suppose the floor buff changing fight was supposed to be fun? Guess what!

Maiden is... well.. kinda ok...
    Goroth, idk why but I also kinda like that.
    Harjatan and Sasszine is meh, the Naga bitch is so annoying I can't stand her voice, and the green puddles, meh.
    Last edited by mmoc744b84bd73; 2017-07-20 at 10:52 PM.

Can't speak for mythic, but from what I've experienced from normal and heroic, I think it's a good raid. Not amazing, but solid. The post above me states how the raid has so much fel stuff, but ironically enough, in terms of art assets and color, Tomb is probably the most varied of all the Legion raids imo. I don't find any of the boss fights to be off-the-charts amazing, but I don't find any of them bad either, though I think they went overboard with the KJ soak mechanic. What I probably like most about it is that I feel that the raid goes by fast, but not in a way makes me feel that it is unfinished. I guess I can attribute that to the lack of trash.

I really love it, but it must be because of the low number of trash in the raid.

Nope, not really. One of my least favourite raid tiers together with Coliseum in WOTLK, Highmaul in WOD (BRF was better and they were so far apart timewise they felt like different tiers) and Firelands in Cata (no idea why people always say Firelands was good, dull orange crap everywhere, if you can be sick of fel green in Legion you could be sick of orange in Firelands).

I really hope Argus raid will be better.

I also really miss those big epic 12-14 bosses raids. Why we don't get these n Legion anymore?

ToS is great, so many unique and cool mechanics. My favorite encounters are maiden, sisters and KJ.

Overall it's not ulduar but still a pretty damn good raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Nope, not really. One of my least favourite raid tiers together with Coliseum in WOTLK, Highmaul in WOD (BRF was better and they were so far apart timewise they felt like different tiers) and Firelands in Cata (no idea why people always say Firelands was good, dull orange crap everywhere, if you can be sick of fel green in Legion you could be sick of orange in Firelands).

I really hope Argus raid will be better.

I also really miss those big epic 12-14 bosses raids. Why we don't get these n Legion anymore?
    Well Antorus is going to be 11 bosses, I would say that is decently large as ICC had 12. As for the lack of large raids, weren't their some complaints on the sizes of HFC and SoO? SoO especially since it came right after another ToT, another large raid. So I guess blizz is trying to reach a middle ground with Antorus being 11 bosses.

I like that it's short and you can get alt runs done quickly. We do 9/9N and 8/9H in about 2-2.5 hours.

Currently 5/9M and I like most of the boss fights.

I really like Sisters Mythic and Fallen Avatar.

I'd probably rate the raids so far this expansion:

EN: 5/10
    ToV: 5/10
    NH: 8/10
    ToS: 7/10

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's not that bad of a raid, but I can't say I like it very much. Seems like majority of bosses have the same gimmick - soak that shit or you wipe. Doesn't matter if it's a green void zone, red void zone, green arrow or red arrow. Some more creativity?

Then there's the same issue (Mythic) Nighthold had - huge difficulty spike after three bosses, with another one shortly after. Once again, there's no gradual increase in difficulty and even worse, there's no alternative this time.

I also feel like the place could use a couple teleporters or shortcuts. Some runbacks can be quite annoying and the layout can get fairly confusing. How hard would it be to add something and make it more convenient. I mean, Gul'dan runes were an interesting gimmick, but the novelty wears off quickly and I'd take something more practical over it.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2017-07-21 at 12:40 AM.

Visually, it's the best since ToT and Ulduar before that.

Mechanically, worst since DS. Too much split damage and soaking, many of which have a large element of randomness. I'm also not happy with the increase of mechanics that require such an absurd amount of coordination on the fly, it's better to just have an addon tell you what people are going where, but that's just a problem in mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    As for the lack of large raids, weren't their some complaints on the sizes of HFC and SoO? SoO especially since it came right after another ToT, another large raid.
    Which is pretty stupid to complain about, these raids were large because they had to last for a year of no new content until another expansion. No clue why people want less content. It's not as if SOO / HFC had less bosses the expansion would come out faster, because it wasn't ready anyway, WOD was rushed as hell despite 14 months of development or what was it. Tons of content was cut and delayed from WOD launch. And Legion I'm pretty sure if it was ready earlier it would be launched earlier because Blizzard wanted to stop the subscription plummet. So yeah if SOO / HFC had 10 bosses people would only get bored even faster.

It's ok´, I guess.

The need to stack classes that can use immunities is annoying and means some classes won't see large parts of it befor your raid team out gears the raid by a large margin or after they nerfed a few bosses.
    Nighthold was better in that regard.

For the players that actually picked the right classes it's quite nice though but nothing spectacular. In the same basket as HM, NH or HoF I'd say.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, there are a few things that annoy me, but overall I enjoy it. I really like the little easter eggs, like Gul'dan's corpse and such.

Yes I do like the raid alot. I think the only encounters I find a bit meh is Sisters, Goroth and Harjatan. Mind you all of this is as a tank on heroic.

Deleted
    5/9 Mythic also here.
    No. I dont really like ToS, even considered quitting the game untill Argus, might still do it.
    If i'd have to rate this expansions raids it would look like this:
    EN: 5/10
    ToV: 4/10
    NH: 8.5/10
    ToS: 6/10
    Based on overall look, design and gameplay.