Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

5 Bullet points of your ideal economic policies

Lets not jump ahead with post scarcity and keep it realistic please.

-anyone working full time (35/h a week in France) should be able to afford a decent life on his own

-maximum wage, tied to 20 times the lowest wage of a company

-social security and low interest government loans for entrepreneurs

-jail time for tax evasion and willful/careless environmental damage

-lobbying is banned, media outlets are now independent non profit organizations financed by tax deductible subscriptions

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post
    -anyone working full time (35/h a week in France) should be able to afford a decent life on his own

-lobbying is banned, media outlets are now independent non profit organizations financed by tax deductible subscriptions
    Edit: I think I need to tackle EVERYTHING here.

- What the fuck is a decent life?

- You basically want to destroy any incentive and growth

- You want the government to own all enterprising business via fucking loans?

- "Careless environmental damage" is so vague it's laughable

- You want media to either die, or to be run by the government buying the subscriptions?
    Last edited by mmoc8433d251bf; 2017-07-15 at 07:21 PM.

I need one:

I want as little government meddling in the economy as possible.

Deleted
    Son, this is bait.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    So they're funded by the government?

Why are communists so fucking stupid?
    It's you choosing where your tax money go

In case you don't know most medias are already subsidized as it is considered better to give them a blank check of public $ rather than letting them be solely influenced by advertisers

Still reported tho

Deleted
    I don't even need 5 points.

-Ursury is Illegal.

-No Religion except status.

-Taxes are calculated and enforced by the state.

- - - Updated - - -

It's you choosing where your tax money go

In case you don't know most medias are already subsidized as it is considered better to give them a blank check of public $ rather than letting them be solely influenced by advertisers

Still reported tho
    Did you legit report me because I spoke out against your communist stupidity?

Keep it civil
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-07-16 at 04:56 AM.

Bring back the estate tax also known as the "death" tax.

When you die 75% of your estate goes to the government in taxes. If you have a $billion when you die $750,000,000 goes to taxes.

We have a small estate tax in the US at the moment but Republicans keep widdling away at it. They've put in a ton of loop holes.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted

- You basically want to destroy any incentive and growth
    Believe it or not some people are not solely motivated by profit
    google the story of the polio vaccine for example

And earning 20 times as much as your neighbor is more than most entrepreneurs do and certainly sufficient
    How many sports cars do you need to be satisfied?

- - - Updated - - -

-Ursury is Illegal.

- - - Updated - - -

Did you legit report me because I spoke out against your communist stupidity?
    That's not what you did but you edited so I didn't

Deleted
    Believe it or not some people are not solely motivated by profit
    google the story of the polio vaccine for example

And earning 20 times as much as your neighbor is more than most entrepreneurs do and certainly sufficient
    How many sports cars do you need to be satisfied?
    Because Companies thrive on Growth. Tell me, What is the point in investing in a company with zero growth?

- - - Updated - - -

That's not what you did but you edited so I didn't
    I called you communists stupid, because you bloody are.

In regards to your max wage, do you think it's fair for somebody to no longer receive annual merit raises just because they are already making 20 times what the new entry level guy gets paid on their first day?

And if you do, how do think that will effect their job and organizational involvement? Their morale?
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

simplify tax code.

very strong consumer protection

gut government's big business welfare

get money out of politics & lobbying

10+ Year Old Account

Novel but nope, a decent life should not be tied to work, to get the things you want yes, to have the things you need NO.

Nope, like the Minimum wage thing, it's a good idea and model but ultimately ineffective without specific language, the problem isn't just wealth it's the system and flow of the economy everyone depends on. So a Maximum wage isn't specific enough.

Another good idea but Yes and No, Social Security? Yes, Low interest government loans for Entrepreneurs? NO Shit like this is how you get loans going out for 50 hair and nail salons in one neighborhood on one freaking block.

Again not a bad idea the problem is there needs to be specific language and it needs to be fluid based on actually what is useful to those paying in and paying taxes. The business also needs to be vetted, not everybody who thinks or wants a business should have one, especially not with government money.

Holy fucking shit, I agree with a fucking Frog, YES I absolutely agree, in Fact I kind of agree with Putin approach although twisted along some kind of nationalism, yeah I agree.

The problem is not with the free market or even the majority of business, but unfortunately too many business's like small mini countries can move themselves over seas and across the globe pick and choosing where to create misery for both where they import and export. That shit is every bit as damaging as filling lacks and streams with Raw sewage half of the fucking problems we have now are because of a few greedy fucking company's who evaded taxes and laws and a lot of other shit, get away with impunity what even small countries would attacked for.

Yep agreed along the same lines as above, more money should not mean MORE of a vote, because money in and of itself should not make say KIM KARDASHIAN more influential on policy or the KOCH brothers.

- - - Updated - - -

Because Companies thrive on Growth. Tell me, What is the point in investing in a company with zero growth?
    Real fucking simple like global warming if an event happens like Ebola, you for sure want to make fucking damn sure that shit had all the resources in the world to stop fuck money, especially if you understand that kind of shit left unchecked effects everybody

I called you communists stupid, because you bloody are.
    You support a fucking ban on Muslims that doesn't keep Americans safer, and you're seriously thinking you have room to talk?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

- Anyone working full time should be afforded a living wage.

- Better programs and resources to assist those whose jobs are being phased out (outsourcing, automation, whatever) to allow them to continue to support themselves/families. Money spent on welfare to subsist should be geared towards developing new employment opportunities.

- (from US) Maternity leave should be provided by the state and not the employer (obviously not applicable to people who work for government where the state IS the employer). The state has a vested interest in providing the best environment for future generations, employers should not be the ones to foot the bill.

- Close tax loopholes and aggressively fine tax evasion.

- Don't spend billions of dollars on a stupid fucking wall that isn't even going to do what you want and then lie to your taxpayers that they won't be eating the cost into perpetuity.

Well, this thread is certainly going places.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alexkeren View Post
    In regards to your max wage, do you think it's fair for somebody to no longer receive annual merit raises just because they are already making 20 times what the new entry level guy gets paid on their first day?

And if you do, how do think that will effect their job and organizational involvement? Their morale?
    They can still receive as much bonuses as they want they'll just have to rise the bottom wages too to do it

It sounds extreme but in reality 90% of companies ( most of them being small businesses) would be unaffected, this is just aimed at industry giants that get away with trash salaries for their workers and ridiculous bonuses for the executives

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Audit Government Spending every single cent

2. Make food and shelter a basic human right along with medical care.

3. Invest in education, seriously we should be advanced enough with how rich this country has been, by time you enter High school you should be able to know enough about science and biology you could be a doctor 200 years ago, which that knowledge alone.

4. There should be a livable wage, not minimum wage, you should whether you live in a developing or in the west make enough to save to OWN a home a Car and retire at at least 50 at the latest.

5. Tax wealth that goes beyond a certain level of investment, if you aren't actually investing those dollars back into the economy by way of owning a business where you employ someone or invest money so others can and innovate then You should be taxed up to nearly 90% if your wealth until you have only accumulated enough wealth on your own that if you do none of those things, you can't sit on more money than you could ever spend in a life time or your children.

Honestly that is really it, the rest could very well take care of itself, no it isn't perfect yes people still have to work for what they WANT and can still live beyond what many could even dream. But it doesn't stave off and choke the very life and resources the rest of the world NEEDS to do what have that got us here in this hell and stale mate we are in now.

The Poor and Ignorant aren't the only ones that need to recognize their limits So to the Wealthy and Stupid.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

-Ursury is Illegal.

- - - Updated - - -
    While I do not believe there is such a thing as a perfect or optimal system, those points are kind of short sighted.
    Who defines what is ursury and what is not. In Germany ursury is illegal in certain settings, you will often enough encounter problems with what is ursury and what not.

"Religion is prohibited." So you want to restrict people in what they believe? while religions caused and cause alot of trouble and I don't really like any of the organisations build around those religions, I don't think you would change a bit. All people believe in something. Not necessarly a religion, but believing is part of a human being because of our limited knowledge. Believing is often not rational and that is not exclusiv to religions. We would find other explanations why that guy across the street is just evil and needs a lesson. And while we at it, just kick some sense in those like him...
    You would have to ban believe --> Impossible.

"Taxes are calculated and enforced by the state." I'm not sure how the tax system works in the usa, but yes the tax systems in nearly every country needs an overhaul. I'm not sure if dependeing on the state for it is the right approach though. This would only work if it's massively simplified or the state would need to hoard lots of informations about everyone(doesn't sound so nice for me). Simplifying the tax system is a nice goal, but this would be a massive change and in many cases would need other states to do the same.

They can still receive as much bonuses as they want they'll just have to rise the bottom wages too to do it

It sounds extreme but in reality 90% of companies ( most of them being small businesses) would be unaffected, this is just aimed at industry giants that get away with trash salaries for their workers and ridiculous bonuses for the executives

Come back to us after you get a business or economics degree.

If the starting entry level salary is fair and provides a decent life there is no need to raise it. Providing a worker an annual merit raise has NO effect on the starting pay for a new employee. Your not understanding that is what tells me you have no real understanding of business and economics.
    How to tell if somebody learned World Geography in school or from SNL:
    "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?
    PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."
    SNL: Can't be Diomede Islands, say her backyard instead.

Do that and the industry giants either move away to another country where it's cheaper, or switch over to automation because it will be cheaper.

Some ideas in here are incredibly unreasonable. No offense meant to anyone but some of these ideas are actually just plain impossible.

My main points:
    Schools: Government oversight on spending, make schools prove they actually require the tuition they are charging. Tuition money should never go to sports programs, it should only be for costs associated with housing/feeding/teaching. I find it fascinating that some of the schools that are making potentially billion off of student athletes are the same schools that charge upwards of $40k per year.
    Healthcare: Government oversight on pricing. It seems more and more that actual suppliers for hospitals, clinics, what have you, are gouging the hospitals, and the hospitals are therefor gouging the insurance companies.