Poll: So, what do you think of them?

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Got all of my MS ones on main; still not a fan.

They are not as game-defining people make them out to be, but regardless; they wouldn't be half as bad were all of them actually utility.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I'll take the MoP system, thanks. It should just be 100% reserved for people raiding properly, give people an incentive to pug Normal rather than getting a legendary from tourist mode.

Feels kinda sucky to have a leggo drop, only to have your heart sink in an instant because it's a shit leggo that you won't even equip. One of the Legion systems I hope they'll not keep for future expansions, for sure.
    This 10 times!

Both legiondaries and titanforging is a complete failure.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Would have been a good idea if they were only utility effects, no throughput ones... But they aren't, so it's bad.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Would've preferred a system where you grind tokens and buy the legendary you want. Some amount of tokens being account bound would've been nice too -- can funnel those extras however you wish.

The RNG with 'luck protection' is what drives me crazy, even though I've got good legendaries now. One BiS and 2 not-suck backups. For 1 spec. For 1 character. Out of 4 characters and 15 legendaries total.

Should've made them straight up purchasable.

- RNG 100% ruined the idea (hoping Expansion 7 reintroduces them with a targeted system)
    - Balancing 100% ruined the idea (hopefully utility only)
    - Requiring your loot spec ruined the idea (I want Balance gear but Guardian legendaries. It is beyond annoying to swap my loot spec for every single boss and cache I open)
    - Capping them at 2 this late in the expansion when we have over 10 ruined the idea (we really should have gotten 3 by now or 7.3)

I really hope that 8.0 will make a lot of these legendaries passive and melded with the class (a lot of QoL stuff in there), and new ones will be utility only that you can target. It was a neat idea, but like most ideas that Blizzard has, horrible, HORRIBLE execution and too much stubbornness to change it. I mean ffs, it took them 3 patches to make Sephuz's Secret something that wasn't worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Saluna View Post
    To me the random drop Legendaries reminds me when you had BiS that were World Drop.
    That only lasts at worst, one tier. Legendaries last the entire expansion.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Since I'm not raiding at anything like a serious level and no longer trying to push mythic+ I'm ok with them.

I think the changes they've made recently were good. When I've gotten a legendary it's been a nice surprise and certainly not a bad thing. I believe that this was the primary point of adding the system in the first place. A chance at some really nice gear for everyone. I understand the need of more serious players to have them all and the rest but too much has been made of that at the expense of quieter players who log on for a bit and play with friends or whatever. At that level, which is much more populated than people want to admit, it's been fine.

I hope they keep the system in some way but I do wish they would make a top-tier legendary that gets rewarded out of a longish quest chain as well. There's no reason why the two systems can't exist side-by-side.

If I were grading I think I'd give it a C early on and perhaps a B now.

I guess the object lesson for Blizzard is 1) don't put nice stuff in the game as it becomes mandatory and 2) provide a checklist at the start of an expansion of tasks that need to be done to get some piece of gear. All of that is terminally boring and without any sense of surprise in the end but it seems to be what most people want. Really, it's absurd.
    I'd disagree to a certain point, even for some of us that log on a play for a bit its been rather frustrating. For players like us I have always understood there was a certain limit you could push when it comes to gear, but this wasn't something you could really work for long term. It either happened or it didn't.

To me the problem is less about the RNG of them dropping, frankly that is fine and has been a part of WoW in one form or another. Where I think the system got frustrating, even for casual players at times, is that you had that normal RNG, and then another RNG component stacked on top of it. I do honestly believe had they just made them have better stats and then some utility bonus ( the Fire Mage Robe for example) that it may have been looked at as one of the cooler things they did. Casual or hardcore it wouldn't have mattered, your overall performance vs the next guy wouldn't have mattered at all ( even if the only place it mattered was in your own head).

Frankly I have no objection with them keeping the current system in place, just make it so these things don't increase power levels ( outside of some survivability). TBH I liked what someone else suggested earlier as well about having them modifying certain things about classes as a " bonus ". Be kind of neat to have the ability to get different colored spells, maybe an adjustment in animation, etc.

I mean even for me the system was kind of meh, and I got pretty lucky getting the best ones really early. It was meh in my case because once I got those I've pretty much been collecting Fire Mage ones just for the hell of it, everything after those top 3 would never serve a purpose really except in some very niche use.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone whose first 4 legendaries were each the best available item each time, the system is complete and utter trash.

Finding legendaries in boxes and on the corpses of piss-easy world quests is stupid.
    Having literally hundreds of legendaries is stupid.
    Having some of them be incredibly more powerful than others and having no way of targeting them is stupid.
    The prestige of having oranges has been hugely diluted because of this, just like how epics were diluted many a moon ago.
    Some people will say "Why does it matter what the colour of the text is?" and I'll say it matters because that aesthetic in particular brings with it an expectation, and we've been saturated with it so much this expansion that no one bats an eyelid when they see oranges on your character. Rather, they will roll their eyes if you don't have the best available, and even worse if you don't have one at all!

Go back to the likes of Dragonwrath. Now, Dragonwrath is an example of a proper legendary. That's both because of its rarity, difficulty to obtain and the fact that it was alone. Everyone knew about Dragonwrath. And that's partly because it wasn't announced alongside shitloads of other leggos. No one gives a fuck about warlock portal pants. Even the legendaries with a tiny drop chance like Illidan's Warglaives were renowned (and still are). They weren't complicated to obtain, there was no epic quest line to get them, but you had to kill the hardest boss at the time and still the chance of getting both of them to drop was tiny.

Even the welfare MoP cloaks were a million times better than the garbage we have now. I'd rather go back to that and have a proper leggo like Shadowmourne alongside it.
    Last edited by Woods7; 2017-07-18 at 06:27 AM.
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They have been great ever since the drop rate was modified some months ago.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    rng fucked this up. if there was a fixed chance to drop, said you know, that you should go 20 dungeons to 100% get the legendary, that would be nice. you would have a visible goal.
    but one my character did everything and got the first legendary only 3 weeks after hitting the 110 (and it was a shitty leg that made me cry from suffering), and my alt got the first one 4 hours after hitting 110 and second one the day later (and one of them was a top leg for my spec). like wtf?

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    one a month is not rapid...and that's about where I am...I do normal and heroic ToS, a +15 and all emissary quests for the week plus 50 nether portals a day during the nether disrupter days....still takes a month in between and i dont have time to grind all the m0's, grind numerous M+'s, do EN/ToV/NH on all difficulties as well....just playing the game doesn't mean they come rapidly...you need to grind ALL the available content for them to come rapidly.
    oh but they do - i do nearly nothing on alts (world bosses, broken shore caches when mission gives me 500 resources and sometimes very rarely lfr / wq daily cache ) and most of them have 4-5 legendaries already - if you dont have more then 2 this means you dont do anything on this toons which means you dont need them anyway

I don't even get excited when a legendary drops, it's like oh nice an epic for me, doesn't feel amazing nor anything.

Originally hated the system altogether because of the RNG, but if you're not progressing mythic content then it actually gives an incentive to play the game outside of raids now that AP isn't as important.

Have 5 leggos on my DH now and still don't have the ring. It is BiS in almost every scenario, yet a guildie who reached 110 two weeks after and plays half as much got it as his first one on both his main and alt DH. So demotivating i've decided to let my sub run out again.

I feel like if there's 10 leggos, and 1 is the absolute best, then 9 times out of 10 I'll be disappointed no matter which other leggo I get, and if I do get it i'll just be like "finally, I can actually compete in raids now..." More relief than excitement.

So good idea, but the RNG aspect still ruins it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    What are you even talking about? They work the same way they always did and some classes are just not viable without their best ones.
    RNG decides if you can play the game at all in this expantion and it sucks.
    I keep seeing people like you using that word whilst seemingly having no idea what it means, it does not mean optimal:
    viable
    ˈvʌɪəb(ə)l/
    adjective: viable

capable of working successfully; feasible.
    Every single class and spec is viable even without legendaries. Also, considering you can easily obtain a legendary once per 1-2 weeks, getting whichever you prefer doesn't really take that long either.

There are far too many, and they really should stop adding more. The 'legendary' status should feel exceptionally rare and be much more limited. There's nothing legendary about obtaining them, either. Absolutely preferred having to work a legendary quest line to get one. It felt like a significant accomplishment.

As they are now, they just seem more burdensome than anything.

I think it's cool. I have taken breaks from Legion, yet I still have 8-9 legendaries out of my 13 or so total. I have all my BiS legendaries as destro and I am happy about it. I haven't had Feretory of souls prior to 7.2.5 nor the Soul of the netherlord obviously. No big deal as I had lessons of space time and magistrike wrists. Patch day I got feretory, 3 weeks later I got Soul of the netherlord. It's kinda shitty that you need them if you want to play a different character, but then again, I am pretty sure most people who change specc even now will be ready before argus is out. Even if you don't have the best legendaries, that's 40k-50k dps loss at most if you have optimised your gear. It matters for guilds on the bleeding edge of progression, not for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldrefreader View Post
    The title is the question - Do you think they are a good or a bad idea, or were they simply not added in the best way?
    Legendaries for Arcane mages are really well designed. Depends on encounter I am using like 6 different sets of legendaries. Shard, Sephuz, Mantles of the First Kirin Tor, Soul of the Archmage, Kilt, 5 legendaries that i am constantly using to min max dps .

So yeah legendaries become really fun to use after they increased drop rate to the point where it is easy to have all of them.

I don't like the system, it cripples alts and new players a bit too much. They are an improvement over the previous system though. The old system forced you to do all content, while the Legion system allows you to pick the content you like and stick with that. If Blizzard took the good parts of both systems, I think that would be a great improvement.

Back on topic though. Even though I don't like the system, the Legendaries themselves are really cool, and it feels great to get one. Once you have most of them, you also have another layer of customization, because most of them have their own situational use. Which is great.

Basically, I like the Legendaries, but dislike the system.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

The RNG aspect is the worst thing about Legion. Literally every single thing, anywhere, is based on RNG.

As a collector this is single handedly the worst expansion, and I absolutely despise Blizzard for the direction they're heading. They think hiding everything behind low % RNG would keep people playing longer... joke's on them, a lot of people have stopped playing, myself included. They shot themselves in the foot when they stupidly decided to introduce reputation mounts as RNG half way into the expansion after people burned themselves out doing WQs a lot beforehand.

Seriously, FUCK YOU Blizzard.

I really enjoyed the legendary system in MoP and Warlords (even with the forced PvP). I also really liked the glyph system that they replaced with RNG legos. I will always prefer a self-contained system of customization like glyphs and talents over having to carry around extra gear in my already cluttered bags and swap pieces of gear based on the fight. Look at all of the systems they broke in order to make RNG legos "work". We still have glyphs but you have to hunt in your spellbook to find them. Scribes lost their usefulness so they had to make the reagent for changing talents crafted only to give them a purpose. Instead of creating epic quests and engaging content for a truly Legendary piece of gear they gave us "go kill 500000000 somethings and hope that you get the right drop".