Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No I am not arguing against them at all, in fact I am not even disputing them outright, what I am saying is that they don't mean what you think they mean, and there not proof of any real reason to end the TSA just as there was no real need for them possibly to begin with.

Depends on your perspective, but they are there, and compared to other very much more crucial industries who get NO regulation or much less NOW. The outrage is also fucking theater and stupidity.
    Do you have any sources to back up your perspective? You claim that the internal assessments are all political, and that the judgments were based on politics, so I want to see how you arrived at that conclusion. You say they do not mean what I think they mean, so what do they actually mean? When they systematically fail multiple inspections and tests, I'm supposed to believe you when it's nothing more than pandering to the public? Seriously, I would like a source or two to back up your claims that are in direct contradiction of what the DHS said about their own program.

TSA is literally just an employment program, think it is anything else is just incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Unfortunately, we wouldn't be allowed to utilize the system that they utilize because the ACLU and the apologists would be howling about profiling and who knows what else.
    Yeah, damn the United States Constitution... it's always getting in the way of an authoritarian police state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Oh I'm totally fine with more strict searches. Body cavity searches arent going to possible due to length of time vs security line length and flight urgency, and I think the bitching over body scanners and pat downs are silly (although apparently pat downs do miss stuff too), but unless the TSA can up their game when it comes to carry ons then they are useless. That's where the main issue lies. They keep missing shit in the carry on bags.

Personally for people, I think more dogs would be good. Don't want to be groped? Here, get sniffed by a dog.

I also looked at TSA pay. FOr your statement on security being lucretive, the TSA certainly is not that. Unless between 28 and 45k is making bank. Unless you mean that it'll clearly cost the govt more money? Id be ok with that.
    Wow I apologize yes I agree with most of what you have stated here, however now the problem is the fix, TSA are basically put through certain background checks to make sure that politically everything checks out as much as they can, but for the most part they aren't trained in part because of cost, the need, and other political reasons some of it having to do with some really don't want the program to work.

They just want to weenie it along until it dies. Kind of like something else as of recent.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I've been patted down by tsa it feels kinda awkward but she is doing her job. I watched the video I didn't see any groping. Nothing to see here, moving on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Do you have any sources to back up your perspective? You claim that the internal assessments are all political, and that the judgments were based on politics, so I want to see how you arrived at that conclusion. You say they do not mean what I think they mean, so what do they actually mean? When they systematically fail multiple inspections and tests, I'm supposed to believe you when it's nothing more than pandering to the public? Seriously, I would like a source or two to back up your claims that are in direct contradiction of what the DHS said about their own program.
    Haha so now you want me to point you to videos. If you have no use for what I am saying or think I am full of shit, fine that's fair you don't know me, no offense taken even if it's intended.

I have my own experiences and I am not going to prop it up as more than that, yes the TSA have lots of problems, just not the problems people understand. The DHS aswell as being a branch of law enforcement they are still bound by politics, and public perception.

Looks like the agent was actually doing her job. She patted his wife down with the backs of her hands and no where in that video does it look like she's being groped.

Just wanted to point out that they both just seem upset that one of them was stopped for the pat down and that it made them late. Evidenced by his comment of “Yeah, we’re gonna miss my plane because the agent wants to feel up my wife,” and her looking at her watch towards the end of the video.

So your argument failed and now you are caving into your emotions and trying to paint me as a TSA if i was, I obviously have no problem admitting it, based on your accusations.

What was that about using a lot of words to say nothing. Or do I need to point to someone else and copy paste a link or video for you to use some other excuse not to actually have had or entertained an original thought?

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah and guess what facts don't start becoming facts because you can't make an argument and point to something else that says what you can't articulate, sounds like fear and lack of authenticity in thought.
    If you don't like the facts presented, take it up with the DHS, and present some of your own. Can you cite any sources to back up any of your ridiculous assertions?

They also heavily restrict personal freedoms, something that wouldn't go over too well in the United States. Ben Gurion Airport deals with 1/6 the passengers that Hartsfield-Jackson does.

Their policies, although effective, are very burdensome, discriminatory, and often extremely time consuming. They would be downright unconstitutional in the United States.
    We don't have to copy their model to the letter just take different parts and make a system that works for us. At the very least we can hire security experts to handle security not people we pick off the streets with zero experience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    I've been patted down by tsa it feels kinda awkward but she is doing her job. I watched the video I didn't see any groping. Nothing to see here, moving on.
    Yeah now just imagine you need to do a pat down and it isn't of a big beautiful blonde, it's of a fat smelly sweat soaked passenger, who doesn't bath regularly, and has a indifference to you.

Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    While i agree TSA is mostly useless what the guy describes is just the "enhanced patdown" they do.
    I've had it done a ton of times because i refuse to go into their microwave to be baked.
    Sure it's touchy feely but christ it's not sexual assault in 99% of cases.
    You should see how horrible the TSA agents feel having to do it half the time they are more embarrassed then the people they are searching.
    Especially when i start going "mmm" and tell them they missed a spot with a wink...
    99% of cases not being sexual assault means that it's millions of sexual assaults a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Haha so now you want me to point you to videos. If you have no use for what I am saying or think I am full of shit, fine that's fair you don't know me, no offense taken even if it's intended.

I have my own experiences and I am not going to prop it up as more than that, yes the TSA have lots of problems, just not the problems people understand. The DHS aswell as being a branch of law enforcement they are still bound by politics, and public perception.
    Well, I provided sources and evidence to back up my claims, are you unable to do the same? I have two different DHS reports that were downright scathing in their condemnation of their own department. You have tried to make claims that are counter to the evidence that has been presented, so yeah, I would like you to bring some evidence to the table.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you don't like the facts presented, take it up with the DHS, and present some of your own. Can you cite any sources to back up any of your ridiculous assertions?
    Why, am I a Senator, am I going to pass legislation, I am not talking about a contention with the DHS to begin with. You say my assertions are ridiculous, ok. Good enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    In addition, they seem to be disorganized quite a bit. I've had to stop and wait 20 min a few times because there was no female TSA agent at the station so they had to [pull one from another station 15 min away. That was so idiotic since by the time she got there, there was a line of women that needed to be pat down. There should ALWAYS be at least 2 female agents per station.

Oh, and don't get me started on confusing directions. Had 2 TSA agents telling me conflicting things, then the female gets annoyed at me and says the guy was tlaking to someone else when he clearly wasn't (was looking directly at me).

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    We don't have to copy their model to the letter just take different parts and make a system that works for us. At the very least we can hire security experts to handle security not people we pick off the streets with zero experience.
    We've long had security experts at airports, way before 9/11. The TSA is wildly ineffective, but you are dealing with an issue of pushing a very large amount of people through a small area in very tight windows. Ben Gurion Airport security is very intrusive, and would be unconstitutional in our country. Mind you, this is a coutnry that practices apartheid, so I'm not going to use them as a basis for most policy issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Why, am I a Senator, am I going to pass legislation, I am not talking about a contention with the DHS to begin with. You say my assertions are ridiculous, ok. Good enough.
    Well, since you clearly refuse to actually back up any of your claims, your opinion can be summarily disregarded, and is worthless. That's equivalent to me telling you that I'm God, and no I cannot prove it, and no I will not provide a demonstration, but I'm going going to keep stammering on about how I'm the Almighty all day long. That's something crazy tweakers do. If that's how you want to act, fine... be a crazy tweaker.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    In addition, they seem to be disorganized quite a bit. I've had to stop and wait 20 min a few times because there was no female TSA agent at the station so they had to [pull one from another station 15 min away. That was so idiotic since by the time she got there, there was a line of women that needed to be pat down. There should ALWAYS be at least 2 female agents per station.

Oh, and don't get me started on confusing directions. Had 2 TSA agents telling me conflicting things, then the female gets annoyed at me and says the guy was tlaking to someone else when he clearly wasn't (was looking directly at me).
    You are pretty much dead on the mark here too. I do know some people that do security all over, only 2 or 3 I know work at the Airport I say 2 or 3 because went from security and applied got paid a bonus, and then basically explained much of what you said. The money was ok but the stress and huge problems they had were known and mostly not done anything out.

I have never even considered the lucrative sign ups they had once, especially after talking to who I have 2 of which still work at MSP Airport. The worst of my day would never possible involve someone getting through killing an entire plane full of innocent people, because I missed something, or kept my mouth shut about something that could have prevented that.

- - - Updated - - -

We've long had security experts at airports, way before 9/11. The TSA is wildly ineffective, but you are dealing with an issue of pushing a very large amount of people through a small area in very tight windows. Ben Gurion Airport security is very intrusive, and would be unconstitutional in our country. Mind you, this is a coutnry that practices apartheid, so I'm not going to use them as a basis for most policy issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, since you clearly refuse to actually back up any of your claims, your opinion can be summarily disregarded, and is worthless. That's equivalent to me telling you that I'm God, and no I cannot prove it, and no I will not provide a demonstration, but I'm going going to keep stammering on about how I'm the Almighty all day long. That's something crazy tweakers do. If that's how you want to act, fine... be a crazy tweaker.
    I thought we weren't supposed to bash religions?

I mean if you just want to insult me alright then, but clearly refusing arguments based around your interpretations from a link with no actual input of your own. yeah go ahead and disregard me or my opinion HAHA

BTW, for the new people here: this is standard mallcop. Push a narrative that is loosely based on reality or the thread and derail. Eventually devolve to non-sequiturs ala:

Based on what, comparing it to what, in your own words based on the information you disseminated?
    Literally calling people out for sourcing their claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

You are pretty much dead on the mark here too. I do know some people that do security all over, only 2 or 3 I know work at the Airport I say 2 or 3 because went from security and applied got paid a bonus, and then basically explained much of what you said. The money was ok but the stress and huge problems they had were known and mostly not done anything out.

I have never even considered the lucrative sign ups they had once, especially after talking to who I have 2 of which still work at MSP Airport. The worst of my day would never possible involve someone getting through killing an entire plane full of innocent people, because I missed something, or kept my mouth shut about something that could have prevented that.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought we weren't supposed to bash religions?

I mean if you just want to insult me alright then, but clearly refusing arguments based around your interpretations from a link with no actual input of your own. yeah go ahead and disregard me or my opinion HAHA
    I've provided plenty of input, and backed up- my opinion with actual data and sources. You are making a number of assertions that do not seem to concur with the information provided, and you absolutely refuse to provide any of your own. At this point, it's not a discussion, it's you drowning in front of everyone's eyes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've provided plenty of input, and backed up- my opinion with actual data and sources. You are making a number of assertions that do not seem to concur with the information provided, and you absolutely refuse to provide any of your own. At this point, it's not a discussion, it's you drowning in front of everyone's eyes.
    Well you posted some links, I am sure if I wanted to have an argument with those authors I would, I mean you know for how wound up and important you PREDICT I am along with what the fuck I do LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    BTW, for the new people here: this is standard mallcop. Push a narrative that is loosely based on reality or the thread and derail. Eventually devolve to non-sequiturs ala:
    Literally calling people out for sourcing their claims.
    Nice prejudice you paint with there, HAH Sourcing claims and trying to steal someone else works seems to be a grey area, especially when misapplied.

Well you posted some links, I am sure if I wanted to have an argument with those authors I would, I mean you know for how wound up and important you PREDICT I am along with what the fuck I do LOL!

- - - Updated - - -

Nice prejudice you paint with there, HAH Sourcing claims and trying to steal someone else works seems to be a grey area, especially when misapplied.
    You are trying to complain that I cited sources to back up my claim. You are clearly out of your depth. Let me know when you are able to cite any sources to back up your claims.