7+ Year Old Account

Russia knife attacker wounds seven in Surgut

Seven people have been wounded in a knife attack in the Russian city of Surgut, security sources say.
    The man, who apparently stabbed passers-by on the street at random, was shot dead by police.
    The injured have been taken to hospital, where two are in a critical condition, the state-owned RIA Novosti news agency reports.
    The Islamic State militant group (IS) said on its official news channel that it was behind the attack.
    Russia's Investigations Committee said it had identified the attacker and was checking his psychological history.
    The attacker was a local resident born in 1994, it said.
    A spokeswoman for the committee told Reuters news agency she would not comment on the possibility of terrorist motives, calling the attack "attempted murder".
    The attack happened at about 11:20 local time (06:20 GMT). An earlier statement said eight people had been wounded, but that was later revised to seven.
    Surgut, about 2,100km (1,300 miles) east of Moscow in the Khanty-Mansiysk area of Siberia, has a population of more than 350,000.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40985561

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Russians always trying to outdo the Finns.

I'm glad none of the victims died. Man these attacks are like every week now.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Yeah, 99% of the time it's a dumb young man in 16-26. Pretty sure I have never heard about an adult religious terrorist. Well, at least the one that executes the orders.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    They just get reported more now globally.

Do you even know where Surgut is? If we report on every stabbing, we will flood this forum instantly to page 200

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Do you even know where Surgut is?
    What are you implying? People in Surgut are less important than in Barcelona, Paris, Wherever? ISIS promoted killing is not a common (at least yet) thing.

Do you even know where Surgut is?
    Yeah, it's in Russia near the Ob river.

Quote Originally Posted by ReD-EyeD View Post
    What are you implying? People in Surgut are less important than in Barcelona, Paris, Wherever? ISIS promoted killing is not a common (at least yet) thing.
    Fucking hell, no. But it's fucking ridiculous to post every stabbing ON THIS PLANET. It's becoming just plain and simple fear mongering. I could do nothing else all day long but post reports of crimes here. IS claims each and every little shit and we all go #prayfor

This forum is becoming more and more just a morbid collection of bullshit

Fucking hell, no. But it's fucking ridiculous to post every stabbing ON THIS PLANET. It's becoming just plain and simple fear mongering. I could do nothing else all day long but post reports of crimes here. IS claims each and every little shit and we all go #prayfor

This forum is becoming more and more just a morbid collection of bullshit
    I'm against forum bloating with these threads as well, but there are clear differences between random stabbing by some drug addict/criminal and mass stabbing by brainwashed religious people that is "trending" around the globe with deep roots for continuation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately, I expect we'll see more stabbings. Guns make noise, but with a knife there may be two or three people down before panic is widespread and a couple more before people figure out what the panic is about.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah attacking people who are unarmed and relaxed just living as they should be expected to do, allows someone in a effort to demonstrate their weakness. Nothing could ever be gained by this.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Lots of copycats....I am not for censoring but somtime I wished the news media only did a short notice after some imbecile did try to do a massacre, rather than bask in it.

Shame they did not take him alive for some good old russian interrogation.

Deleted
    Did Putin comment on this yet?