Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Then the "BiS" legendary would be the one with the strongest survival bonus (aka prydaz)
    only on fights that required it... they would actually be allowed to be used, legendaries would become situational based on fight mechanics, mobility, survivability etc instead of just "use whatever one has the strongest DPS increase special effect"

or the one with the best stats for your spec.
    and it would be a miniscule difference in DPS compared to how it is now.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxwow View Post
    How do you take reroll from that? I simply made the statement that it would be less time consuming to reroll the same spec at a chance for legendaries.
    The fact that you brought up the statement of boosting for a 'better' chance'.

I even stated that it wouldn't be guaranteed on the new toon, but 2 rerolls on the legendary table in a shorter amount of time still equate to a greater chance at receiving the desired legendary depending on how many legendaries the original toon has. I don't think you read the entire post or you weren't able to understand it, but I'm not saying the solution is to reroll.
    I didn't say your solution was to reroll, I said I hate people who believes it is. As well, it has been proven by now, that even if done so, it is still a game of chance on the legendary.

It's been confirmed by Blizzard that the first 2 legendaries for a spec are given significantly faster than the later ones. I have seen countless examples on alts that I rarely play, and people who have rerolled for their guild, that counter your example. That's all anecdotal and doesn't matter, unless Blizzard confirmed the first 2 are faster, which they did.
    Just, confirmed but doesn't mean you will get it faster, just have a higher chance. I have an alt I've been active on the past few months, still no legendary. Just because the fast two can be faster doesn't mean they can't be slower than your third, or fourth, or fifth on another character.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by madokbro View Post
    Aren't bis legendaries, compared to utility ones, are just around %5 dps increase for most specs? I sim various combinations with my BM hunter, and the best leggos give me around 40k dps increase over my Sephuz + shitty boots at ilvl 905. At higher item levels, I imagine the gap will widen into around %7 - %8. That's only meaningful for progressing Mythic raiders, isn't it?
    The differences it can provide can depend on whether you're dps, tank, or heals. yes for dps it may be the difference of 5-8% more dps, which unless you're doing mythic raiding, it's more about doing the mechanics right than dps. As a tank though, having the right legendary for me is the difference between having a cool down up for every major boss ability vs every other major boss ability. And for healers i imagine it can be the same as well.

Well, aren't we lucky OP ... it doesn't.

Whew.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gating the equivalent of talent points behind RNG is retarded. Especially when you can have someone who plays a ton of high end content like mythic raiding and high keystone dungeons end up getting their BiS last while little Johnny gets both his BiS from emissary chests thanks to the magic of RNG. And then it ends up since little Johnny only does WQ and LFR, those aren't even his "BiS" since he doesn't know how to utilize them properly and would likely have gotten better mileage out of a Prydaz and another utility making him unkillable in world content which is the content he actually enjoys.

I don't see anything wrong with grinding, but grinding and a TON of RNG is just stupid.
    Last edited by The One Percent; 2017-07-22 at 06:17 AM.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Bash me if you want, but I was perfectly content with MoP and WoD's legendary systems. It gave you reasons to run content and rewarded you nicely with gear you would absolutely get use out of. (That said, MoP's legendary grind had some specific cases I did not appreciate, but let's not derail on that note.)

This RNG legendary crap makes the legendaries feel unimpressive and quite a few of them feel useless. If you are a damage dealer, for instance, a legendary that improves your damage will always (100% of the time, virtually) be better than a legendary that improves your defenses. Furthermore, a lot of them heavily encourage specific playstyles forcing you to adjust (sometimes to otherwise worse talents, even) or lose DPS.

Just not a fan. Maybe Blizzard will nail it next expansion. I just pretend my legendaries don't exist right now and enjoy what I get.

Getting a good legendary that is then nerfed to the ground is even worse.Especially when it happens mid tier!!!