Thread: Loot Spec

Loot Spec

Good afternoon,

which loot spec for warriors has the highest chance for Haste/Mastery Gear?

Thank you

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure they all have an equal chance to get that type of gear, so go with whichever spec you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

How sure are you of this?

10+ Year Old Account
    99% sure considering how pieces of armor aren't tied to specific specs I'm pretty sure

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    only trinkets and relics are tied to spec.

Quote Originally Posted by mrchee View Post
    only trinkets and relics are tied to spec.
    This. But also to mention that your Lootspec has influence on the legendaries you can get - probably more important in the beginning...

same chance, just open the journal ingame and you will see that the only thing that change between arms and fury are the relics in each dungeon / raid / boss (legendaries too outside of this, of course), if you change to prot trinkes will change too. Tip: at specific boss, if it can drop a armor piece that you need but in his loot table there is a relic that you dont need, change the spec to another spec that cant loot that relic or another relic in that boss to have better chances to have your armor piece.

Personally, I run with Arms loot spec when I tank. For several reasons:

1. I already have the important Prot legendaries, so I'm going for offspec ones
    2. DPS trinkets are more of a go-to for me in my raids since tank-spec trinkets aren't all too great (aside from Goroth trinket)
    3. Some relic slots are shared between Prot/Arms, so I'm not worried about losing out on artifact upgrades

This will allow me to get all the things that I'm looking for: Haste/Mastery gear (if it drops), DPS trinkets, and Arms legendaries, also relic upgrades.

Just gotta find out what works for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regarding the loot spec, it only really matters what specialization you are when you kill the boss for legendaries. If you plan on spending a coin, you could always swap it to something different and roll for a piece of loot and not have to worry about accidentally getting a legendary for your offspec.

Deleted
    When I re-rolled from Fury to Arms in TOS (yeah, yeah, FOTM), I almost instantly got ravager helm. But I was still missing Ayala ring, and didn't wanted other Arms legis. So I kept my loot-spec as Fury, to increase chances that my next legi would be Ayala (1/6 instead of 1/8). Was a bit annoying, since I was declining potential shadow and blood relics, but eventually ring dropped (after nerf, d'oh), and now I can finally switch to Arms loot. -.-