Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Pretty sad what this franchise has came to. Played these games religiously from DW2 all the way up to DW7. Over time they just get easier and easier and they add on weirder and weirder shit and make the characters more anime looking.

DW9 is a new low for sure. Glad I didn't buy it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Every new Warriors game released slips closer and closer to shovelware.

I'm surprised people are still being baited by them. They really haven't changed up anything in their formula since the PS2, and that includes their graphics engine which makes a PS4 game look like a PS2 remaster on the system at best.
    It is because they changed the formula that people have stopped liking these games. 6 with its renbu system, 7 with its multiple weapons and 8 with its rock paper scissors system.

The games have also just been growing smaller and smaller in scale. I remember a battle back in DW2 could take you like 40+ minutes the first time around and this was carried through all the way up to DW5. DW6 onwards battles like Hu Lao Gate which are known for being epic and taking a long time now can be sped through in a matter of 10 minutes or less. It just feels so much less epic. They try to compensate for this by throwing 10x more enemies at you, but all this means is that they had to dumb those enemies down making death pretty impossible.

In 8 in particular I realised this pretty quickly and just started charging the end boss on my horse and killing him in a few seconds. RIP clearing the map and fighting with your allies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    They just took a bunch of things plastered in every other AAA game nowadays and figured they'd work for Musou too. Bit of a misfire.
    Yup. Fuck knows what they were thinking... Honestly, they could have polished 8 up a bit, stuck in a few new characters... Job done. 8 was fantastic, with all unique weapons and the Rock/Paper/Scissors mechanic to make weapon switching a bit more worthwhile.

There was no need to change it, especially not as drastically as they did. Tbh, DW8XL Complete Edition is only about £20 on Amazon, I only had the base game on the 360... Might pick that up instead. Fingers crossed in a couple of years we'll get DWX and they'll fix all the nonsense they did with this one.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    It is because they changed the formula
    Every Warriors game still feels, plays and looks like a janky PS2 action game. That's not changing up the formula.

The games where just passable in the PS2 gen, and no longer are. Tecmo doing what Tecmo does, releasing low effort trash over and over again. If they didn't own Team Ninja their company would be a complete joke, but not even Team Ninja could save these shit games.

The games could literally be identical mechanically to the earlier games and they would still be complete shit by modern standards.

I've never actually felt my jaw drop to the foor before on a video game presentation.

I can normally find things to like about games some people absolutely hate for one reason or another but the footage I saw was just..ghastly.

They took no advantage of the strengths of Open World and just took the game and spread it around a massive map . I was thinking there could be huge armies or the like but the clump of enemies were sparse and more to the point-insignificant.

Koei really fucked this one up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah doing something just for the sake of something is generally a pretty bad idea
    As people have mentioned you can only do so much with hack n slash games. Koei needed a selling point for DW9 and they chose the open world concept.
    They have made 9 DW games, not counting the various spin offs(XL,Empires) for the most part the story and characters have not changed. Adding Jin in 7 was a nice touch.
    They also have added some less then interesting characters, most of them being either fictional or having no real historical significance(BaoSannig, the Guan Children)

Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, garbage game.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's really a bad game, i got my refund off steam 10 mins into game play.

How come the last Samurai Warriors game was better than the last 3 DW games? Isn't it the same team making it?

Also looks like the only DW game I'm ever gonna buy again is a Dw5 remaster or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    How come the last Samurai Warriors game was better than the last 3 DW games? Isn't it the same team making it?

Also looks like the only DW game I'm ever gonna buy again is a Dw5 remaster or something.
    I quite enjoyed DW8. Unique weapons for all characters, well handled/expanded plot and the Rock>Paper>Scissors mechanic made weapon swapping worthwhile.

But yeah, SW4 blows them all out of the water... I think they are different teams though, so that could explain it.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post

DW8XLCE was fine on PC considering it was a late port to test the waters, it only had minor performance issues with heavy screen usage. SW4-3 and SW:SoS both performed incredibly well, the former only having issues for me on 1 level (Can't remember the name, but it's the fall of Azai Nagamasa's castle from memory, think you're playing as Todo Takadora) and the latter having no issues at all on any levels.

It's sad. I've got every DW, SW and WO game apart from SW3 and WO3U as that was on Wii and PS4 respetively, two platforms I'm not buying just to play one title. I stuck with it through the travesty that was DW6. I could still sick with this if they somehow fix their performance issues even I can't say as I enjoy the combat in this but maybe after a few more hours where the game doesn't grind to a halt, maybe I could come to like it.

But when your 1080ti is barely being used to 50% capacity and you're still suffering immense framerate drops randomly, something is seriously wrong.

Anyone defending this game at this point is either delusional, a blind fanboy, or both.

It's utterly pathetic how little effort obviously went into the development of this game. Like seriously.....who in their right minds saw the state this game was in and decided "yep, good enough, let's launch it now"?

10+ Year Old Account
    eh, Dynasty Warriors: Gundam is still by far the most awesome one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Anyone defending this game at this point is either delusional, a blind fanboy, or both.
    Tbh, I've not seen ANYONE defending this game. Even 6 had a few people that enjoyed the Renbu system... for some reason.

only reactions I've seen to DW9 are a million variations on the theme of "WTF were you thinking KOEI?!?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    So I got to play it over the weekend and I don't know, I have mixed feelings about it. I went from really excited to disappointed very fast and I'm sad about it.

Right off the bat I noticed the FPS was really bad. I'm usually the kind of guy that can tolerate average performing games but this is to the point where it can cause headaches. You can switch it to "action mode" to help with the FPS and it does help but once you encounter massive amounts of troops it really starts to slow down again. I'm hoping this is something Koei can fix because DW 9 is already getting bad to mixed reviews so far and FPS is a big reason why.

Combat is...meh. I'm not too crazy about it. Constantly holding in R1 to do one of those reaction combos or whatever they're called just doesn't feel right. The "special" moves don't feel that special so far. I've used Cao Cao and Xiahou Dun and their "special" moves aren't that exciting to use. Cao Cao just calls forth a mini ice storm and Xiahou Dun just launches people in the air so basically he has the default launch move and then his special launch. So Xiahou Dun has two of the same move. I prefer the old combo system.

It's cool that they made the game world bigger but I find that it is too few and far between. Like the world is massive but there's nothing to do between destinations so I find myself just fast traveling most of the time and that kills the point of there being a big world to explore. My horse is constantly leveling up but it never feels like he has enough stamina. I have to keep going back to galloping to recharge every 15 seconds. So it makes traveling that much more tedious. Something isn't right when you find yourself just going through your mission log and fast traveling wherever you need to go.

Movement is also kind of out of control. I found that the analogs sticks are really sensitive so the slightest push would send your horse running for its life when all you wanted to do was reposition it.

Then of course you have the English voices which I don't need to get into as everyone already knows how shit they are.

Overall it just feels like it was trying something new just for the sake of it. DW to me was never about exploring a big world. I was fine with those smaller maps and just kicking ass. To me it was about the characters and their stories and having fun slaying hundreds of guys with their awesome combo moves. DW 9 feels like it's trying to be something it's not and it's not doing a very good job at it. This is all coming from a passionate DW fan that has been with the game since DW 2.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2018-02-19 at 03:05 PM.