Page 1 of 17
... LastLast

Staring is sexual harassment

This week a report was released detailing the statistics of sexual assault in Australian universities. Alarmingly, the report found that 51 percent of students suffered some form of sexual abuse either on campus or travelling to and from campus on public transport.

This is quite troubling, until you dig into it and realise this is just another feminist hit piece designed to punish men. Included in the statistics were things like sexual harassment such as:

"an unwelcome sexual advance, unwelcome request for sexual favours or other unwelcome conduct of a sexual nature".
    The most prevalent form of harassment was:

inappropriate leering or staring (14 per cent), sexually suggestive comments or jokes (11 per cent), and intrusive questions about someone's private life or physical appearance (9 per cent)
    Do you agree that staring at someone is sexual harassment? Should they be included in these sorts of statistics? Or do you believe they are included to inflate the numbers and push an agenda?

Story here:http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-0...leased/8762638

Rebuttal piece exposing the bullshit here:
    http://www.skynews.com.au/news/natio...breaking-.html

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure, if it's inappropriate staring. Staring at someone's breasts, pecks, butt, mound or bulge is not alright behavior.

Of course, if you ignore the operative word of "inappropriate", I can see how you might think it's bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    This week a report was released detailing the statistics of sexual assault in Australian universities. Alarmingly, the report found that 51 percent of students suffered some form of sexual abuse either on campus or travelling to and from campus on public transport.

This is quite troubling, until you dig into it and realise this is just another feminist hit piece designed to punish men. Included in the statistics were things like sexual harassment such as:

The most prevalent form of harassment was:

Do you agree that staring at someone is sexual harassment? Should they be included in these sorts of statistics? Or do you believe they are included to inflate the numbers and push an agenda?

Story here:http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-0...leased/8762638

Rebuttal piece exposing the bullshit here:
    http://www.skynews.com.au/news/natio...breaking-.html
    Its not, I welcome anyone to prove that an individual is staring at you with sexual intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post
    Sure, if it's inappropriate staring. Staring at someone's breasts, pecks, butt, mound or bulge is not alright behavior.

Of course, if you ignore the operative word of "inappropriate", I can see how you might think it's bullshit.
    How do you define 'inappropriate staring'? If a heavy breasted woman is walking along the beach, a lot of male (and some females) will be staring. Are they all sexually harassing her?

How do you define 'inappropriate staring'? If a heavy breasted woman is walking along the beach, a lot of male (and some females) will be staring. Are they all sexually harassing her?
    Yes, and they must go to jail for it. /s

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What about thinking? Do you know what men think when they see a woman licking an ice-cream cone or eating a banana? Is it sexual harassment yet?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I believe it could be, if drawn to the extreme. If you obviously stare someone up and down with sexual intent and are unable to pick up/ignore cues about them being uncomfortable, it could be. Doubt that's what's happening though, most likely it's just inflated statistics.

Deleted
    "inappropriate leering or staring (14 per cent), sexually suggestive comments or jokes (11 per cent), and intrusive questions about someone's private life or physical appearance (9 per cent)"

Staring can be sexual harassment, for an example, one night my girlfriend was walking out of our bedroom nearly naked to go bathroom, and she saw this one weirdo standing staring from window. The weirdo didn't even move, he just kept staring. He most likely were there to see our cats, but anyway, fucking weirdo. And think what it would feel like if you knew someone would be watching you in public like he or she was imagining you naked. Staring is inappropriate in public anyway, and yes I personally do stare sometimes, and I feel like it's our primal instinct, since at least men choose which woman would be best suited to carry his child by the look of her hip/ass.

Sexually suggestive comments or jokes are sexual harassment that is actively done in school and work environment. I've few woman friends working on jobs that are considered as "job for men", and she has met some sexual harassment in the work environment, and actually his boss keep telling her like "I will take care of you, just say if those guys are rude." and she has said like thousands times to her boss that she can take care of it by her self, so this boss is actually also trying to be a fucking hero (or just boss), but this girl feels like the boss is also pretty sexist.

I also know some men and women who doesn't know what questions, where and when are inappropriate. They may ask some really personal when for an example they are drunk and the discussion is about something sexual related. Example; group is discussing if anal sex is against gods will (wtf?), and woman says she doesn't think it is against gods will, someone may then reply "Have you tried it even?", which is really personal and inappropriate question.

Also, WoW community is pretty sexist, at least many of the players. This is related to huge amount of virgins in the game. Guess what people say if woman player says "I will take the big one" on KJ -> "I bet you do" and same shit multiple times. Please, fucking act normal. My girlfriend started WoW lately, and thank god my WoW friends ain't sexist, they have their own wifes etc so they know that they should respect people. And if you know the joke target well, then it may be fine, but don't fucking repeat the sexist jokes through whole raid.

Quote Originally Posted by AveQT View Post
    "inappropriate leering or staring (14 per cent), sexually suggestive comments or jokes (11 per cent), and intrusive questions about someone's private life or physical appearance (9 per cent)"

Staring can be sexual harassment, for an example, one night my girlfriend was walking out of our bedroom nearly naked to go bathroom, and she saw this one weirdo standing staring from window. The weirdo didn't even move, he just kept staring. He most likely were there to see our cats, but anyway, fucking weirdo. And think what it would feel like if you knew someone would be watching you in public like he or she was imagining you naked. Staring is inappropriate in public anyway, and yes I personally do stare sometimes, and I feel like it's our primal instinct, since at least men choose which woman would be best suited to carry his child by the look of her hip/ass.

Sexually suggestive comments or jokes are sexual harassment that is actively done in school and work environment. I've few woman friends working on jobs that are considered as "job for men", and she has met some sexual harassment in the work environment, and actually his boss keep telling her like "I will take care of you, just say if those guys are rude." and she has said like thousands times to her boss that she can take care of it by her self, so this boss is actually also trying to be a fucking hero (or just boss), but this girl feels like the boss is also pretty sexist.

I also know some men and women who doesn't know what questions, where and when are inappropriate. They may ask some really personal when for an example they are drunk and the discussion is about something sexual related. Example; group is discussing if anal sex is against gods will (wtf?), and woman says she doesn't think it is against gods will, someone may then reply "Have you tried it even?", which is really personal and inappropriate question.

Also, WoW community is pretty sexist, at least many of the players. This is related to huge amount of virgins in the game. Guess what people say if woman player says "I will take the big one" on KJ -> "I bet you do" and same shit multiple times. Please, fucking act normal. My girlfriend started WoW lately, and thank god my WoW friends ain't sexist, they have their own wifes etc so they know that they should respect people. And if you know the joke target well, then it may be fine, but don't fucking repeat the sexist jokes through whole raid.
    What was the guy thinking when he saw your gf? Did he do it multiple times? Was it more likely some random guys notices an exhibitionist woman and it gives him a moments pause?

Bolded for hilarity. You sound like the weird one.
    Last edited by TheDestinatus; 2017-08-04 at 06:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Un-fucking-believable. What are we going to get offended at next? This is getting fucking ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Dys View Post

It's crude, but it's not illegal.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Un-fucking-believable. What are we going to get offended at next? This is getting fucking ridiculous.
    The gene pool is going to thin itself out before too long.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    What was the guy thinking when he saw your gf? Did he do it multiple times? Was it more likely some random guys notices an exhibitionist woman and it gives him a moments pause?

Bolded for hilarity. You sound like the weird one.
    None of it matters. I can stare at anyone i want for as long as i want. As long as im not touching or making passes at someone, if i choose to stare, there's nothing anyone can do about it from a legal standpoint. But seriously while you're worried about the guy across the room staring at you, you missed the 2394234 taking upskirt pics with their phones. Pick your fucking battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whelp, you never been closer to total-control-antiutopia with all these "staring is sexual harassment". You can't stop people from fucking watching without putting some sort of a screen, even then it's not illegal to watch at said screen. You can't and shouldn't stop people from watching, this is ridiculous that we even have to discuss it
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Deleted
    This is just from the "Talking to me in an elevator is literally rape" strain of feminism. Aka third wave.

I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight to the death for your right to look at boobies.

10+ Year Old Account
    But ok, forget about people watching (i'm not even going to talk in depth that you realizing that you've seen something and you actually seeing it (aka, eye registering something, passing it to the brain and it analyzing it before it even goes to your conscience).

sexually suggestive comments or jokes:
    Since when jokes became some sort of illegal activity? And common sayings like "wow this X got balls" falls into this category as well, it's up for interpretation, which shouldn't be the case.
    intrusive questions about someone's private life or physical appearance:
    Problematic words: intrusive - up to interpretation, some people are fine with answering literally any questions, others will flip out when asked about their parents. Physical appearance - well with this wording asking someone with plastered hand "hey, what happened to your hand?" also falls into category of sexual harassment?.

People who push this bullshit are trying to make sexual harassment cases a joke, a literal joke that no one will take seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

15+ Year Old Account
    Going by what 14% of people think is never a good idea.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    But ok, forget about people watching (i'm not even going to talk in depth that you realizing that you've seen something and you actually seeing it (aka, eye registering something, passing it to the brain and it analyzing it before it even goes to your conscience).

sexually suggestive comments or jokes:
    Since when jokes became some sort of illegal activity? And common sayings like "wow this X got balls" falls into this category as well, it's up for interpretation, which shouldn't be the case.
    intrusive questions about someone's private life or physical appearance:
    Problematic words: intrusive - up to interpretation, some people are fine with answering literally any questions, others will flip out when asked about their parents. Physical appearance - well with this wording asking someone with plastered hand "hey, what happened to your hand?" also falls into category of sexual harassment?.

People who push this bullshit are trying to make sexual harassment cases a joke, a literal joke that no one will take seriously.
    To complicate it even more, if we are travelling on a bus and I tell you an offensive lewd joke and a woman overhears and is offended by it am I sexually harassing her?

I thought drooling was the upper limit?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    I thought drooling was the upper limit?
    I think drooling is actually physical evidence

I think drooling is actually physical evidence
    Here, you can look you just have to be discrete. Staring at anyone is rude, staring can be a sign of aggression.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland