Poll: Is this rally a good idea?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Why is Colin Kaepernick entitled to an NFL job like it's some major injustice that he hasn't been signed?

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Funny. Whenever I make a point, everyone demands that I cite my sources (which I always do), but apparently, you hold yourself to a lower standard than you hold me. Why is that?
    i havent told you to cite shit, get over yourself dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    It's really a shame how being "a drama whore" is more damaging to your career in the NFL then doing pretty much ANYTHING that is objectively worse than that...."Cough". Regardless seeing Lee get bent out of shape over it is pretty funny.
    If he was a great player he could say whatever he wanted and it wouldn't matter. But when you're a drama whore and a garbage quarterback...you're fucked. Maybe if he concentrated more on being a better quarterback and less on being an outspoken retard he'd have a job.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    Why is Colin Kaepernick entitled to an NFL job like it's some major injustice that he hasn't been signed?
    he isnt, but people will have you believe its because he was against "police brutality". not that he is a shitty player, whiner, entitled piece of work that seeks drama for attention. why would you want someone on your team with his baggage and low skill levels.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    Only a complete fucking moron would fault him for opting out, and label him a fucking idiot for doing so, when he was given the option to, and told if he didn't he would be released anyway.

Understand? Only a complete fucking moron....clinging to a pathetic nonsensical semantic argument devoid of reality.

Oh, wait...
    it would take something much worse to try and twist it into him not choosing to opt out. he made a choice. a fuckin retarded one. LOL
    he wasnt forced. he chose it. get over it, facts are facts.

Quote Originally Posted by GutsAP View Post
    False argument. Reconsider what's actually being said then come back with a legit question.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    he isnt, but people will have you believe its because he was against "police brutality". not that he is a shitty player, whiner, entitled piece of work that seeks drama for attention. why would you want someone on your team with his baggage and low skill levels.

- - - Updated - - -

it would take something much worse to try and twist it into him not choosing to opt out. he made a choice. a fuckin retarded one. LOL
    he wasnt forced. he chose it. get over it, facts are facts.
    And the facts say that whether he opted out or didn't, he would still be where he is today. Only a complete fucking moron does not understand the simplicity of the end results, no matter what choice he made. Only a complete fucking moron would think any argument regarding a "choice" he had is one worth making.

Thankfully, for us all, the complete fucking moron is a rare creation.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2017-08-12 at 04:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    False argument. Reconsider what's actually being said then come back with a legit question.

- - - Updated - - -

And the facts say that whether he opted out or didn't, he would still be where he is today. Only a complete fucking moron does not understand the simplicity of the end results, no matter what choice he made. Only a complete fucking moron would think any argument regarding a "choice" he had is one worth making.

Thankfully, for us all, the complete fucking moron is a rare creation.
    could be worse, you could try and spin it like he didnt opt out, i know reality is scary, but its okay man. live in it. maybe you can learn something lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Oblivion View Post
    could be worse, you could try and spin it like he didnt opt out, i know reality is scary, but its okay man. live in it. maybe you can learn something lol
    Not as scary as your world of not knowing the meaning of basic words, like spin. I mean, I get to fuck with complete fucking morons who provide me entertainment on demand.

It's pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Keep it civil when posting

Quote Originally Posted by HAcoreRD View Post
    There is no controversy. People aren't JUST signing him based on his antics last season, they aren't signing him because he devolved into a mess on the field. Bad reads, bad plays, bad stats. He was good for one season, when noone in the NFL knew how to defeat the read option and the Pistol Offense reigned supreme. QBs like him, RG3 and Russell Wilson flourished. Next season: Nope to all 3.

Regardless of what CK7 fans might say, it's not a running league, it's a passing league. Hence why recent SB champions, like the Patriots lead by Tom Brady, Broncos by Peyton Manning, Seahawks with Wilson, Packers with Rodgers and Saints with Brees dominated due to aerial offense and strong QB field managing
    Don't know where you got that chart, but it is full of shit. He averaged 6.62 yards per attempt in 2015.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/player/stats...lin-kaepernick

Oddly enough, the more he is blackballed, the more his protest is highlighted and justified (other than his claim that black people are more likely to be shot at by cops). He is a mediocre QB, but there is a severe QB shortage in the NFL right now. Jay Cutler is an NFL quarterback at the moment, and as bad as Kaepernick is, he's better than Smokin' Jay. So, his protest is clearly the reason he is not on a team, even if it's as a third stringer.

That is how freedom of speech works, and he got bit in the ass for it. Of course, it does undermine all the people who whine that black people need to protest less violently, since he protested in the most peaceful way possible. He simply silently took a knee. NFL fans don't care if you are on steroids, beat your wife, sexually assault women, or refuse to take care of your kids. However, they will straight up threaten to lynch people if someone protests peacefully.

Lucky for me, I have also boycotted the entire NFL for at least a year or two. They will not get my viewership, I will not attend any games, nor will I go on any sports site to hear scores.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    So, victims of police brutality are not disproportionately African American?
    Stop trying to use partial data points to make a point. If you take the population percentages as a whole and use the %13 black population of US citizens it would seem to be disproportionate. however, when you use the conviction rate of violent offenders where black males commit nearly %48 of all violent crimes then the use of force statistics are proportional to the police interaction with potentially violent criminal offenders.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ender_2013.xls

If we only look at murders, in 2013 Black offenders committed 2698 murders, White offenders committed 2755 murders. This illustrates the point that the police use of force scenarios need to be viewed based on police-criminal interaction , Not based on raw population statistics.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    It's interesting that the same people defending the Google guy claiming black people are genetically inferior to white people aren't defending Colin.

REALLY interesting...

- - - Updated - - -

[citation needed]

I thought firing people for speaking out was thought policing?
    Nice false equivalency here. First the Google employee made no mention of anyone being genetically inferior ( I'm not surprised that you attempted to turn this into a racism claim.). His memo was in reference to the forced diversity that required hiring and promoting individuals because they are female. He cited differences in psychology not genetics.The Google employee did NOT make any public statement for attention. He wrote a memo and posted it on an internal sharepoint to voice his opinion on an internal policy. He used information that was linked to several peer reviewed psychiatric studies to support his opinion. His memo was then shared outside the company by a third party who was offended by his opinion. The author of the memo at no point tried to drag his employer into a situation that caused public disruption. I don't agree with Google firing him, but as long as they haven't violated any laws then I think they are within their rights to hire and fire as they see fit.

Kaepernick chose to create a public spectacle at his place of employment on National television knowing that this would force his employer to become part of the drama. The NFL and the SF 49ers were required to spend large portions of their time dealing with things that distracted from their business model and detracted from the value of their investments. I think that the owners of the NFL teams are allowed to hire who they want, it appears that no owner wants to risk his investment money on someone who has no qualms with risking his employers income potential.
    Last edited by Fudal; 2017-08-12 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudal View Post
    Nice false equivalency here. First the Google employee made no mention of anyone being genetically inferior ( I'm not surprised that you attempted to turn this into a racism claim.).
    Yes, he did.

His memo was in reference to the forced diversity that required hiring and promoting individuals because they are female. He cited differences in psychology not genetics.The Google employee did NOT make any public statement for attention. He wrote a memo and posted it on an internal sharepoint to voice his opinion on an internal policy.
    If I wanted to make a suggestion to management, I would make it to my boss in private. Not distribute it to the entire company mailing list.

He used information that was linked to several peer reviewed psychiatric studies to support his opinion.
    [citation needed]

His memo was then shared outside the company by a third party who was offended by his opinion. The author of the memo at no point tried to drag his employer into a situation that caused public disruption.
    Then why didn't he bring up his concerns in private?

Kaepernick chose to create a public spectacle at his place of employment on National television knowing that this would force his employer to become part of the drama.
    He kneeled. That's literally all he did.

The NFL and the SF 49ers were required to spend large portions of their time dealing with things that distracted from their business model and detracted from the value of their investments.
    If they can't agree that Colin's life has value, why did they invest in him in the first place?

I think that the owners of the NFL teams are allowed to hire who they want, it appears that no owner wants to risk his investment money on someone who has no qualms with risking his employers income potential.
    So saying that women are genetically incapable of coding isn't a business risk, but saying black people shouldn't be extrajudicially executed by the state is?
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Well if there's anything I've seen recently it's that people are completely fine with people getting fired for opinions so I guess it's NBD with Colin.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Hey, I am a Nazi is kind of different then peacefully protesting no? Also there seems to be a lot of people who love them some "murica" but who actually would prefer the way North Korea would handle issues like sitting for the anthem.

- - - Updated - - -

Agree. I actually compare it to Tebow. Both guys probably belonged on an NFL roster, as least as a backup QB but the hassle and circus that game along with them is simply not worth it to NFL teams. But lets not pretend for a second that if Rodgers or Brady was sitting that any NFL team would have a problem with it.
    Well, there's that whole thing with Google thing where a ton of people said a business doesn't have to put up with your shit. By that same logic, guess what the NFL doesn't have to put up with?

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Hey, I am a Nazi is kind of different then peacefully protesting no? Also there seems to be a lot of people who love them some "murica" but who actually would prefer the way North Korea would handle issues like sitting for the anthem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Well, there's that whole thing with Google thing where a ton of people said a business doesn't have to put up with your shit. By that same logic, guess what the NFL doesn't have to put up with?
    Well said.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a Jets fan. I would like Colin to be on my team, why? Because my 3 QBs are crap. Ryan Fitzy was horrible. Only reason he doesn't have a job in the league, is because NFL teams don't think his stance is equal to his play. This march is just spike lee doing his typical "I am with the black movement still". He's just milking this. I personally believe he doesnt care about colin 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by pizz View Post
    I'm a Jets fan. I would like Colin to be on my team, why? Because my 3 QBs are crap. Ryan Fitzy was horrible. Only reason he doesn't have a job in the league, is because NFL teams don't think his stance is equal to his play. This march is just spike lee doing his typical "I am with the black movement still". He's just milking this. I personally believe he doesnt care about colin 2 cents.
    Want Geno back? He'll just be holding a clipboard for us all year anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Geno another bad pick! I just want the Jets to draft a franchise QB, too much to ask. But least I saw the Super Bowl as a child lol

The NFL as a whole lost a lot of money last year due to Kaps bs.

Regardless of there being worse QBs in the league, they aren't a huge team distraction, they aren't going to lower team popularity, and they aren't seen as a negative for being on the squad.
    Kap has also been diminishing, he isn't just a bad player now, he's bad now and he's getting worse, he is actually distracting himself.
    He's a huge risk for any team, even without his antics he isn't worth it. Regardless of what 1 or 2 scouts or press may say, the teams have spoken. Colin is currently out for 17, he could drop the press and come back in 18.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pizz View Post
    If the Jets had Kaepernick they might win some games and they are trying desperately not to. They signed a starting QB that loses 90% of his starts and leads his teams to high draft picks.