Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Any slots they can't visible wear like boots could simply be tail adornments or covers. Or they simply wouldn't be visible like trolls/tauren. It's not huge deal, we can't see necklaces, trinkets or rings but the game still functions fine. You can simply have the slot not be visible to compensate for a cool race choice.

That's more likely how Blizzard thinks.
    Butts.

7+ Year Old Account
    gear isnt a problem at all, pants would just be going around their tail and boots would be a ring at the tip.
    worgen, tauren, draenei and trolls say hi, none of them wear boots like boots are supposed to be worn.

stop with the gear nonsense.
    the only problem with nagas are their jumping animation.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    The fact that people think Naga wouldn't work is probably why Blizzard will end up doing them. I for one can see the possibility of them being playable.

However their model was updated this expansion, which casts some... doubt that they'll be released in the next one.

Even the mounts is not a problem. They can just make them wrap the tail around the mount and it will work for basically almost any mount I can think of.
    Like this for example: http://c8.alamy.com/comp/A1A1MR/fors...rph-A1A1MR.jpg

Why wouldn't it work? And like Arafal said, the only problem would be the jumping animation, but that can be worked out as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    the only problem with nagas are their jumping animation.
    + riding animations
    + casting animations for female Naga (they've got 4 arms)
    + equipment for chest, legs and feet
    + animations for emotions
    + ...

Jumping animations are already there for Naga but nothing else. Naga lack most "usual" animations.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    The fact that people think Naga wouldn't work is probably why Blizzard will end up doing them. I for one can see the possibility of them being playable.

However their model was updated this expansion, which casts some... doubt that they'll be released in the next one.
    I remember when people thought Pandaren and Demon Hunters would never happen.

Look where we are now. I do so love watching the people who "just know for certain it wont happen" be wrong.
    Butts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valnoressa View Post
    I remember when people thought Pandaren and Demon Hunters would never happen.

Look where we are now. I do so love watching the people who "just know for certain it wont happen" be wrong.
    Yup, the more outlandish things seem the more blizzard will take it as a challenge.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    They could just not have visible graphics for leg and feet items. Multiple races already do this.

They could just sit side-saddle on their mounts.

Every 'problem' playable naga have are easily fixed with a little imagination and/or compromise. Never say never.

15+ Year Old Account
    I feel like they could easily make a race of bipedal half-naga. Call them "nazja'dorei," "tideborne," or "sea elves," or whatever. It would be incredibly easy to design and justify in the lore as being the lower caste of naga society, working as laborers and such, and thus rarely seen outside of Nazjatar. Not necessarily what people think of when they think naga, but it would be an easy enough way to implement a "draconic" race into WoW, given how popular those tend to be, and it would split the difference.

Not that I think it's exactly what people want, or should even be a high priority for a new playable race, just that it would be easy enough to make a "playable naga subspecies."

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I think they'll try turning boots into "tail socks" first like hoof socks for Draenei and Tauren.

If they can't fix the resolution of some items then they'll probably just make them all invisible.

^We don't want bipedal Naga. It will butcher their character. The tail is what makes them what they are. Either try to work out the problems or just don't do it at all.

I hope they never make them playable. There are lots of other additions that would be far more senseful lorewise and gameplay-wise.

Players lacking imagination to hilarious levels =/= developers getting paid lacking the imagination.

If they wanted to, they could make Nagas happen. They could ride mounts, wear armor tailored around their bodies, and all the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    + riding animations
    + casting animations for female Naga (they've got 4 arms)
    + equipment for chest, legs and feet
    + animations for emotions
    + ...

Jumping animations are already there for Naga but nothing else. Naga lack most "usual" animations.
    How is 4 arms a problem? Each race has its own unique casting animations, in which the 2 extra arms could be involved (making a sort of X shape with the spell forming between all 4 arms) or they could have 2 arms casting and the 2 others standing ready/holding weapon like I believe current female naga do?

I don't see how emotion animations would be any greater of a problem than Worgen (which we know blizzard IS making an HD model for)
    It sounds to me like you are trying to invent a bunch of limitations because of either a very narrow level of creativity or simply because you dislike Naga personally.

You're not the boss of me! I'll dream about whatever I want, dammit!

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Players lacking imagination to hilarious levels =/= developers getting paid lacking the imagination.

If they wanted to, they could make Nagas happen. They could ride mounts, wear armor tailored around their bodies, and all the rest.
    Let's not forget the following;

Tauren and worgen helms
    Tauren, Draenei, Troll, Worgen and Pandaren shoes
    Every single riding animation in the game (every single one is awful without contest)

So art is not an extremely strong argument even IF their lack of imagination was shared globally

Quote Originally Posted by ace94 View Post
    Even the mounts is not a problem. They can just make them wrap the tail around the mount and it will work for basically almost any mount I can think of.
    Like this for example: http://c8.alamy.com/comp/A1A1MR/fors...rph-A1A1MR.jpg

Why wouldn't it work? And like Arafal said, the only problem would be the jumping animation, but that can be worked out as well.
    How enormous would Naga have to be to wrap their tail around a mammoth

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    I ques the only way to hold on mammoth is to shove naga's tail into mammoth's ass

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    yeah, its far more likely naga will sit side saddle

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    How is 4 arms a problem? Each race has its own unique casting animations, in which the 2 extra arms could be involved (making a sort of X shape with the spell forming between all 4 arms) or they could have 2 arms casting and the 2 others standing ready/holding weapon like I believe current female naga do?

I don't see how emotion animations would be any greater of a problem than Worgen (which we know blizzard IS making an HD model for)
    It sounds to me like you are trying to invent a bunch of limitations because of either a very narrow level of creativity or simply because you dislike Naga personally.
    Neither do I dislike them nor do I lack creativity. I just don't see it happen. Of all the possible races we could / could not have Naga is by far the most "abstract" and unlikely one. They just require by far the most amount of work because they lack several things other races (that are not playable yet) have got. There are so many "restrictions" with Naga that it's just wishful thinking to get them as a playable race. Tbh I would find it pretty nice to have them but I don't believe in it.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again