Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    ok.. Then do mythic? The mode is already there.. I am confused by what you want.
    I think they mean they want it pre-nerf.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want a mode where the raid bosses are set as ORIGINALLY intended. No nerfs. THAT to me is seeing the content. LFR to me is not seeing the content, its just tourist mode with easy difficulty. If you want to separate this new mode from the other difficulties, fine. Also, I think this mode could have an ilvl cap in some way. I was thinking if a piece of gear being worn by a raid member is higher ilvl than intended, it gets scaled down to some random ilvl between minimum and preferred. Might still need adjusting for gear with special procs found in higher difficulties. .
    if only you had 3 other modes to choose from

if only

oh yes you do - wow what a shcking discovery i know

i bet i blown your mind

No, it should be mythic level difficulty, tuned as it was on release when killed for world first. So for example, whatever tuning KJ had with Method downed it for world first, that's the permanent setting for this mode.
    Welcome to a mode that is used by far less than 1% of the playerbase. Also suggesting that "world firsts" is the "originally intended design" is bullshit. All raids are designed with the assumption that players will get gear from the raid itself to proceed further into the raid. Past the first few bosses only the best of the best clear content without utilizing gear from the first few bosses/easier modes. A "scaled down timewalking" mode could be kind of neat, but wouldn't assume "world first" gear and player skill.

Deleted
    You're describing Mythic content. Find a guild and do that before flapping your gums that you want a game mode that is even harder due to ilvl backscaling and no nerfs whatsoever (no matter how poorly tuned some encounters are).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Inbefore R+ levels with keystones; ilvl capped. modifiers for both the trash and bosses, with a timer and leaderboards.

"I got a shit NH key this week and its Skittish"
    Skittish Mistress Sass'zine Mythic, lovely.

No, it should be mythic level difficulty, tuned as it was on release when killed for world first. So for example, whatever tuning KJ had with Method downed it for world first, that's the permanent setting for this mode.
    Then we go back to less then 1% in raids. Hell even Method would be shit out of luck because you wouldn't have been able to gear up in lower difficulties never mind not having enough people to raid. Plenty of people want to and enjoy raiding that will never touch mythic difficulties, they would all be left out in the cold. As the game population lowers they can't now spike difficulties to absurd levels they have never been at.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Not sure what had less effort - this post or leak #227

As others have said, it had already been nerfed by the time Method killed it.

If you're not good enough to be part of those WF kills I don't know why Blizz owe it to you to lock down the difficulty on a deliberately overtuned boss. You had the option to clear the content in the way you wanted and you fell short.

I want a mode where the raid bosses are set as ORIGINALLY intended. No nerfs. THAT to me is seeing the content. LFR to me is not seeing the content, its just tourist mode with easy difficulty. If you want to separate this new mode from the other difficulties, fine. Also, I think this mode could have an ilvl cap in some way. I was thinking if a piece of gear being worn by a raid member is higher ilvl than intended, it gets scaled down to some random ilvl between minimum and preferred. Might still need adjusting for gear with special procs found in higher difficulties. .
    This is a totally ridiculous notion. Raid bosses are not guaranteed to be even beatable as "originally intended" because Blizzard isn't perfect at tuning. Expecting them to go back and retune raid bosses so you can see them at the "original intention" every time a power increase is unrealistic as it would be an insanely stupid waste of resources and go counter to the whole character power progression model that old content gets easier with new gear.

As for seeing the content, no two guilds ever see the content the same way in the first place. There are literally a zillion different raid comps with characters with different gear and different ilvls that beat raid bosses, so do tell us which specific one you'd like preserved so you can feel better about beating the raid boss by having just enough but not too much gear to do it.

Some advice, stay away from porridge. You never know if it's too hot, too cold or just right.

It's cute that OP thinks we can read the devs' minds to find out what they "originally intended", and also that the devs are not allowed to change their minds.

Maybe you should put yourself in the devs' shoes and ask WHY they make decisions you don't like, OP.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    just do what i do and Alt-Z while raiding, you can see everything much better

7+ Year Old Account
    If you want to see how its intended, best start doing Mythic. If you can't do that, watch someone else do it.

if this isn't a pretentious bullshit post i don't know what is

...there is an invisible tier available for the top 5-10 guilds in the world who raid 5-7 days a week 15 hours a day ..think just a teeny bit about what you're asking for

Quote Originally Posted by Umbrex View Post
    if this isn't a pretentious bullshit post i don't know what is

...there is an invisible tier available for the top 5-10 guilds in the world who raid 5-7 days a week 15 hours a day ..think just a teeny bit about what you're asking for
    It exists, it's called "Blizzard can't tune Mythic"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    You are a carbon copy of what you long so hard to fight in the streets. An extremist. Someone so desperate for strife to prove you are the ubermensch, err, Real American.

Alt lite. Sounds like you're having an alt fright. Unable to sleep at alt night. Maybe you should relax and fly an alt kite. Go down to the diner for an alt bite. You shouldn't be treating people with alt spite. Eventually, everything will be alt right.

Quote Originally Posted by tss View Post
    It exists, it's called "Blizzard can't tune Mythic"
    It is infinitely better for Mythic to be overtuned at the start for the 2-3 guilds that matter at the top than for it to be undertuned and dead in one reset.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So what about bosses that were unkillable when they were first released and all those top guys spent weeks trying to down them unsuccessfully? Would they never be hotfixed and be left unkillable forever?
    This is the solution that all LFR hero needs lmao

Quote Originally Posted by j0ust View Post
    You dragging Wrath into it only compounds your ignorance, good job. Wrath is the expansion that to date retains the highest number of concurrent subs; multiple raid difficulties didn't exist then as they do now, there was 10 man, 25 man, and "hard modes" for each.
    Actually, they did. T9, Trial of the Crusader, was the tier that introduced heroic mode raids, and had 4 difficulties. This system would remain unchanged for the rest of Wrath, all of Cata, and most of MoP until flex was added in SoO.

Actually, they did. T9, Trial of the Crusader, was the tier that introduced heroic mode raids, and had 4 difficulties. This system would remain unchanged for the rest of Wrath, all of Cata, and most of MoP until flex was added in SoO.
    No.
    It has 2 difficulty's only and it also had 2 diffrent raid sizes for those difficulty's.
    Those 2 are completely diffrent things.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    No.
    It has 2 difficulty's only and it also had 2 diffrent raid sizes for those difficulty's.
    Those 2 are completely diffrent things.
    I considered them four difficulties because each one had different drops. Some things only dropped on 10, some only on 25, then normal and heroic had different ilvls.

I considered them four difficulties because each one had different drops. Some things only dropped on 10, some only on 25, then normal and heroic had different ilvls.
    Doesn't matter what you consider them.
    There still 2 difficulty's.

I want a 1+ person story mode scenario that can take up to a few hours to complete where quests and a story plays out about you on siege of the raid. It could play out out many different ways, maybe depending on group size. It's not meant to be the most difficult thing, and is more focused on the quests and story involved inside.

Like say you go in as one person and not 5+, then your story strays to the side where instead of fighting the last boss, you do something to blow up their engine or some shit while you see another group fighting him.

It'd be a ton of work, so lol no not going to happen.