Poll: Who?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    more than half the server facerolled arthas... not happened the same with illidan though....
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Perphaps I'm missing out on some information regarding Illidan but how did he increase in power after their last encounter?
    Arthas on the other hand became incredibly powerful once he placed the helm of domination on his head. You're of course right in saying that these fights are somehow influenced by each characters plot armor (and it's also written by Christie Golden). We also know that Arthas didn't even actively use magic at any point during the fight and just look at what the Lich King is capable of in other encounters.
    Mostly what was covered in the Illidan novel. A LOT of magical research and understanding of the Fel. Some revelations about power that he had in the Black Temple, and the nature of the Burning Legion. Less direct power increases, and more understanding of what power really means.

The Illidan of now(WoW's Legion expansion) would either completely avoid the Lich King to reach his goal, or utterly and ruthlessly smash him out of existence with no mercy or toying around with arrogance. The fight would be VERY different from the baseline melee brawl that was described in the books.

To be fair, we don't know how strong Arthas and Frostmourne would have become if he had continue growing in power. Had he absorbed the soul of Tirion(and potentially re-corrupting Ashbringer) and the raid at the top of The Frozen Throne, chances are good he would have become utterly unstoppable. Illidan has the advantage of still being "alive" in the story.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-08-14 at 08:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    The armor the Lich King is currently wearing isn't the Plate of the Damned. It's unclear what actually happened to it, since there's no reference to it during the WoW timeline, and Arthas isn't wearing it during the events of WotLK.

As for the Lich King's power....you need to remember that the raid where he smacked everyone down with one hit was done at the heart of his power: The Frozen Throne. Try attacking Illidan at the height of his power where he has something like the Well of Eternity to draw upon, and see what happens. XD
    Now you made a clear point ! But we should know that , It only took 2 slices of Frostmourne to beat Illidan
    Illidan is cocky , That's a part of his Character you know ... Other then that all Illidan needs to do is fly and cast spells , Then The opponent is dead no matter what
    Also I'm gonna say this again , 1 Fel ball was enough to make Arthas scream in pain (Illidan got very serious for a moment , So he casted a spell) that's an impressive thing to do , In fact all Death Knights can't even feel pain since they are Undead (in General) yet he made Arthas feel the fel

Deleted
    Are we talking about Arthas? Or the Lich King Ner'zhul empowering him.

If we talk about Lich king then Illidan should run asap.

Mostly what was covered in the Illidan novel. A LOT of magical research and understanding of the Fel. Some revelations about power that he had in the Black Temple, and the nature of the Burning Legion. Less direct power increases, and more understanding of what power really means.

The Illidan of now(WoW's Legion expansion) would either completely avoid the Lich King to reach his goal, or utterly and ruthlessly smash him out of existence with no mercy or toying around with arrogance. The fight would be VERY different from the baseline melee brawl that was described in the books.

To be fair, we don't know how strong Arthas and Frostmourne would have become if he had continue growing in power. Had he absorbed the soul of Tirion(and potentially re-corrupting Ashbringer) and the raid at the top of The Frozen Throne, chances are good he would have become utterly unstoppable. Illidan has the advantage of still being "alive" in the story.
    With each soul sucked in Frostmourne , He would grow stronger and stronger
    He would have raised us and Tirion , Then he goes to conquer the entire planet itself (The Scourge's main purpose in the first day) after that is done , The Defense against the Burning Legion (Which a bit of fel fire is all that it takes to destroy the Undead , Since they are not resistant to any type of fire yet alone FEL fire) The Scourge would be destroyed , But the Lich King would remain on top of Icecrown Citadel with the Raised champions , Waiting for his Creator (Kil'jaeden) to come face-to-face with him xD

Quote Originally Posted by Reza2001 View Post
    Now you made a clear point ! But we should know that , It only took 2 slices of Frostmourne to beat Illidan
    It's important to point out that one hit from Frostmourne generally just kills people AND steals their soul. Illidan took two hits and STILL DIDN'T DIE!

Although there's a theory floating around the internet that Frostmourne DID steal Illidan's night elf soul, but left his demon soul. Which would explain why he was acting so strangely during the events of TBC. Once Arthas was defeated in WotLK, Illidan's soul was released from Frostmourne along with all the others, to be reunited with his demon soul in the twisting nether.

I don't know if I believe that theory, but it's interesting enough to mention.

Illidan is cocky , That's a part of his Character you know ... Other then that all Illidan needs to do is fly and cast spells , Then The opponent is dead no matter what
    Also I'm gonna say this again , 1 Fel ball was enough to make Arthas scream in pain (Illidan got very serious for a moment , So he casted a spell) that's an impressive thing to do , In fact all Death Knights can't even feel pain since they are Undead (in General) yet he made Arthas feel the fel
    Illidan is still arrogant, but far more focused these days. Remember that Illidan had only recently obtained the power of Gul'dan's skull, and was still riding the high. These days he's settled down a bit and gotten more comfortable with his power. I think he'd just blast Arthas to pieces from afar with sorcery, and not risk ever getting in range of Frostmourne at all. After all, he already learned to be wary of it when they fought originally.

- - - Updated - - -

With each soul sucked in Frostmourne , He would grow stronger and stronger
    He would have raised us and Tirion , Then he goes to conquer the entire planet itself (The Scourge's main purpose in the first day) after that is done , The Defense against the Burning Legion (Which a bit of fel fire is all that it takes to destroy the Undead , Since they are not resistant to any type of fire yet alone FEL fire) The Scourge would be destroyed , But the Lich King would remain on top of Icecrown Citadel with the Raised champions , Waiting for his Creator (Kil'jaeden) to come face-to-face with him xD
    Interestingly enough, Illidan did EXTENSIVE magical research into using souls as power sources for sorcery during the events of the novel. I think Forstmourne and the Lich King might be a bit more susceptible to Illidan than people think. As I said above, I suspect that Illidan wouldn't go anywhere near the Lich King, and instead use sorcery to break him down from afar.

In a straight up melee fight, I have no doubt that the Lich King would win. But if the field is a little more broad and tactical, Illidan has the edge. Then again, Arthas/Ner'zul Lich King IS a master of strategy, so who knows? My money would be on Illidan, though.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-08-15 at 02:33 AM.

Illidan had countless years more experience and was a mage and shit at one point. He SHOULD have won. Both are cool dudes though.

The Frozen Throne. Try attacking Illidan at the height of his power where he has something like the Well of Eternity to draw upon, and see what happens.
    Everyone was empowered by the well being in its vicinity. Rhonin,Malfurion,Krasus,etc. So, that does not really give much edges to Illidan.

Before Illidan's retcon? Arthas (with Frostmourne).

At this point, Illidan is Thrall 2.0
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

Arthas/Ner'zul Lich King IS a master of strategy, so who knows? My money would be on Illidan, though.
    Illidan power was not really on the same level of Lich King Arthas. There was a lot of difference between DK and LK Arthas. Illidan is roughly on the same level as a powerful pit lord.

Fury of the frostmourne>Illidan

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    The Lich King would probably give him a good fight, but ultimately I think Illidan (as he is now) is the strongest.

Reminder that Illidan was winning that fight, and he only lost because he was arrogant.
    All that matters is that he lost, and that Arthas subsequently became far more powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Illidan power was not really on the same level of Lich King Arthas. There was a lot of difference between DK and LK Arthas. Illidan is roughly on the same level as a powerful pit lord.
    Illidan smoked a doom guard commander thousands of years before even getting the Skull of Gul'dan(where do you think he got the Warglaives of Azzinoth?), and he was considered one of the worlds most powerful sorcerers back in the days of Queen Azshara, and has only gotten stronger since.

You should spend some time on the wiki. There's some cool stuff there. Illidan is a LOT stronger than you think.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2017-08-15 at 04:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If LK Arthas was still around, I'd imagine Illidan, as he is now, would be in trouble.

7+ Year Old Account
    Death knight Arthas and Illidan would be fairly even still i reckon, Arthas' power more comes from skill and tactics while Illidan's comes from raw power. Each had their weaknesses as well, Arthas lacked pure strength compared to Illidan but Illidan was (and still is) arrogant as all hell.

Lich King Arthas on the other hand would completely demolish Illidan without any real issue whatsoever. Gotta remember that Illidan has not changed since the end of WC3: TFT. He has had no power ups, no real training, nothing, he spent most of the time since dead as well. Arthas gained the Lich King powers.

If Arthas even though there was a chance of losing he would just send his army of undead to ware down illidian. Then he would pick the bones of what is left from him.

So Arthas/Lich King by a mile.

(If this is Pre-Lich King then I would still say Arthas but it would be a good fight, Arthas has more experience and isn't cocky.)
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Arthas beat Illidan before he became the Lich King. As the Lich King, I'm not seeing how Illidan would beat him until Blizz writes more "chosen-one-potential" in this x-pac.

This is also assuming 1v1. If Arthas is allowed to use the might of his Scourge...
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Illidan smoked a doom guard commander thousands of years before even getting the Skull of Gul'dan(where do you think he got the Warglaives of Azzinoth?), and he was considered one of the worlds most powerful sorcerers back in the days of Queen Azshara, and has only gotten stronger since.

You should spend some time on the wiki. There's some cool stuff there. Illidan is a LOT stronger than you think.
    Speculation taken from WoWpedia (Interesting) :
    "Demon hunters ingest the heart and blood of a demon to bond its spirit with theirs, granting them their demonic powers. Illidan may have done this with Azzinoth. The existence of the Soul Fragment of Azzinoth could support this."

- - - Updated - - -

It's important to point out that one hit from Frostmourne generally just kills people AND steals their soul. Illidan took two hits and STILL DIDN'T DIE!
    Although there's a theory floating around the internet that Frostmourne DID steal Illidan's night elf soul, but left his demon soul. Which would explain why he was acting so strangely during the events of TBC. Once Arthas was defeated in WotLK, Illidan's soul was released from Frostmourne along with all the others, to be reunited with his demon soul in the twisting nether.
    It's true , He is the only guy to have stayed alive after 2 hits from Frostmourne
    That aside , Illidan only has 1 soul and that's his demon soul . There is no Night elf soul , Even WoWpedia reads his race as "Demon" with 3 different sources and also "Night elf (Formerly) The orb of Kil'Jaeden + The Skull of Gul'dan = Full demonic transformation , Not only did they warp his mind and body , but so did they warp his soul as well into a Demon
    Since only Demons go to the Twisting Nether after they die , We can safely say Illidan is full-Demon now (Check the site : https://wow.gamepedia.com/Illidan_Stormrage)
    Another fact is , Frostmourne doesn't steal Demon souls (Arthas killed Mal'ganis , But he returned)
    Last edited by Reza2001; 2017-08-15 at 11:04 AM.

What's the power of the Lich King Arthas compared to the one Illidan had?
    Facts:
    -Arthas one-shotted us in the ICC,
    -Illidan trapped us all in the second while being nearly on the deathbed, with like ~5% of his power left, or even less, if it wasn't for Maiev he could kill us aswell,

There was a lot of difference between DK and LK Arthas.
    I agree, but what about the last Wc3:TFT mission? Arthas was empowered by Nerzhul(he gave him as much power as he could), isn't that the LK level of power?
    And keep in mind that Illidan lost with him only because he was cocky, not because he was weaker.

Illidan is roughly on the same level as a powerful pit lord.
    He soloed Magtheridon, which was probably one of the strongest pit lords - he was the ruler of the Outland.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    He soloed Magtheridon, which was probably one of the strongest pit lords - he was the ruler of the Outland.
    Wait what? I may be remembering wrong, but Illidan only managed to defeat Magtheridon with the help of quite a few people, I don't remember him soloing the Pit Lord.

I agree, but what about the last Wc3:TFT mission? Arthas was empowered by Nerzhul(he gave him as much power as he could), isn't that the LK level of power?
    LK had "leaked" most of his power already, he was incredibly weak. There's no way that Arthas at the end of WC3 was at "LK level of power".