Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

If North Korea nuked anywhere, how would we respond afterward exactly?

Can be either South Korea or Japan, I doubt they will target America so brazenly.

But if they nuked anywhere, what exactly would happen afterward? I mean everyone always claims we would just nuke them in response, but then wouldn't that provoke them into launching another one themselves and causing horrible damage? Negotations are out of the picture and, if we send our military there, they might just nuke themselves in a taking you with me scenario.

I predict China and Russia will just reveal their allegiances and side with NK. Then there will be no nukes under the threat of mutually assured destruction and their alliance takes over the world. This is why I find it silly we allow China to protect North Korea as it is, it's only a matter of time.

North Korea will get flattened because China's agreement with North Korea is only to intervene if they are attacked first. So if NK make the first move, it's game over

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugunai View Post
    we allow China
    i hate to break it to you but you don't "allow" jack shit from china

they'll fuck you up if you try anything

Before N. Korea's missile even landed US and allies' missiles would be launched and already in the air. It all depends on what they are aiming for.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post

Fuck who up? what experience in war have they had since japan dominated them in ww2?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Fuck who up? what experience in war have they had since japan dominated them in ww2?
    Korean War?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurata View Post

If they are that fucking threatening, who the fuck believes we will retaliate toward NK's nuking if they can just put their foot down if they please

Deleted
    If they are that fucking threatening, who the fuck believes we will retaliate toward NK's nuking if they can just put their foot down if they please
    china will defend itself but doesnt want war

theyll defend NK if attacked but will probably invade it themselves if they are the attacker and there is any chance of american boots getting there in retaliation

but that wont happen cause NK is not insane so you can just stop being a frightened child about it

What experience have USA had? A successful Vietnam war and a brilliant effort in Afghanistan?

What you need to take into account is that China is a very proud and loyal country, which means an army of half a billion soldiers as so many would happily volunteer. Not to mention their amount of nukes (i believe to be false, they probably have many many more). They have a pretty large air force and they build their navy to directly counter the American Navy. Granted they don't have as many Aircraft Carriers as the Yanks. But to believe that the USA is all powerful over China is beyond a delusion

10+ Year Old Account
    If NK used a nuclear weapon against the US or one of its allies, the US would respond in kind.

I'm trying to be genuine here so not sure if this will get infracted but after reading all these threads of yours; you detest people with any facial scarring and want them out of society as an example; and now all these threads about North Korea makes me think you are quite paranoid and fearful(?) of society at large (again people with facial scars, being around people more well off than you, some beef about police officers etc.).

10+ Year Old Account
    IF NK actually attacks anyone they're actually just done.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is unlikely that even if NK used nukes, they would get nuked back, at least from Western Powers. First off: Nuking NK is unnecessary and second: it'd be heavily damaging (due to radioactive fallout) to Western allies. It would also of course cause damage to China and Russia, which if they weren't already involved in the war, they would almost certainly be now.

Neither Russia nor China have anything to gain in backing a NK-lauched war against the West, especially one with a nuclear first strike. I think both would be more inclined to side with the West for brownie points and also an excuse to annex NK. China would be the most likely to do the latter, and Russia would be more likely to hard pass on doing anything at all. That way they could side on the sidelines and whine about the West's brutality and hope to get "invited" in to NK.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Fonduset View Post
    What experience have USA had? A successful Vietnam war and a brilliant effort in Afghanistan?

What you need to take into account is that China is a very proud and loyal country, which means an army of half a billion soldiers as so many would happily volunteer. Not to mention their amount of nukes (i believe to be false, they probably have many many more). They have a pretty large air force and they build their navy to directly counter the American Navy. Granted they don't have as many Aircraft Carriers as the Yanks. But to believe that the USA is all powerful over China is beyond a delusion
    The US pretty much saved chinas ass in ww2 so they should be thankful there and i dont think china will do jack shit to save NK if they launch anything at anyone, we will see soon enough perhaps. Hopefully not though.

The US pretty much saved chinas ass in ww2 so they should be thankful there and i dont think china will do jack shit to save NK, we will see soon enough perhaps. Hopefully not though.
    No they won't do anything to save NK. I reckon China will eventually put a stop to it themselves. I do recall reading an article, can't find the link. That stated that NK is on their own if they attack first. And NK know that, hence why they are only shooting missiles into the ocean.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to think or hope that cooler heads would prevail, but that would be bad too. It would be a bad thing to begin a precedent where someone nukes you and you don't strike back in kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    The question isn't whether North Korea would survive past the war that would result from them making a nuclear strike, the question is how many millions of civilians would be killed before the war is over. Even aside the initial fatalities from any nuclear strike, there's hundreds of artillery emplacements in range of Seoul, just as an example.

As the film Wargames put it; the only winning move is not to play. The moment the first nuclear move is made, we've already lost, even if North Korea gets dismantled by the end of things.

Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    Korean War?
    They barely had much and got fucked then.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The question isn't whether North Korea would survive past the war that would result from them making a nuclear strike, the question is how many millions of civilians would be killed before the war is over. Even aside the initial fatalities from any nuclear strike, there's hundreds of artillery emplacements in range of Seoul, just as an example.

As the film Wargames put it; the only winning move is not to play. The moment the first nuclear move is made, we've already lost, even if North Korea gets dismantled by the end of things.
    so basically...it's only a matter of fucking time before they strike and WE ARE LETTING THEM BUILD UP THIS SHIT AND BEING UNABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE OF CHINA

Deleted
    so basically...it's only a matter of fucking time before they strike and WE ARE LETTING THEM BUILD UP THIS SHIT AND BEING UNABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE OF CHINA
    watcha gonna do