10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.

The Secret World to receive a TV adaption

"According to Deadline.com, Johnny Depp's production studio, Infinitum Nihil, will be producing a television series based on the IP from Secret World Legends and The Secret World. The show will be written by James and Jake Hart and CSI:NY veteran Pam Veasey will be the "showrunner", or the person with overall creative authority and management of the program. "

Plot:
    It will center on a team of undercover agents and the shadowy war between secret societies: the Illuminati, Dragon and the Templar. Central to the plot is their battle against the supernatural in an adventure that spans across our world, and incorporates the realms of ancient myths and legends, as well as today’s conspiracy theories and headline news.

Producers will include Depp and Veasey as well as Sam Sarkar, Gudrun Giddings and Christi Combrowski. Giddings originally purchased media rights in 2012 and has been integral in preparing the IP for a series.

Source: http://www.mmorpg.com/secret-world-l...ies-1000045209
    http://deadline.com/2017/08/johnny-d...202148581/amp/

Man, this is exciting stuff if done right. This is the one IP I've always wanted a movie / TV series about.

Just crossing my fingers that everything will go according to plan now and that it'll eventually air a few years from now.

Edit: Woops, adaptation* Could a mod fix the typo in the title please :>

Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck.

I hope Funcom only gets control over the narrative, and none of the production of the series. Their track record with their games is awful, and while I don't know anything about Depp's company, it surely can't be worse than Funcoms history...

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck. Please don't suck.
    My thoughts as well, also while you're here, can you fix the typo in the title? 8D

7+ Year Old Account
    Is The Secret World set in the World of Darkness universe or was it its own thing?, either way it looks intresting.

Quote Originally Posted by Karamaru View Post
    Is The Secret World set in the World of Darkness universe or was it its own thing?, either way it looks intresting.
    Different thing, though vampires are involved.

There is no chance this will be good, But maybe just maybe it will be passable.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

so its going to be a movie about a bunch of people runnign around with assault rights spamming red mist?

Man I hope this turns out good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

I hope Funcom only gets control over the narrative, and none of the production of the series. Their track record with their games is awful, and while I don't know anything about Depp's company, it surely can't be worse than Funcoms history...
    Look at the writing and production cast and you'll see most of them all have great titles behind their names, nothing really amazing recent years but enough to have faith this will end up better than defiant.

Just look up the main writer, James V. Hart. Your faith should be restored somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    Look at the writing and production cast and you'll see most of them all have great titles behind their names, nothing really amazing recent years but enough to have faith this will end up better than defiant.

Just look up the main writer, James V. Hart. Your faith should be restored somewhat.
    He was the writer for Tomb Raider Cradle of Life and Sahara. Really optimistic. Also, anything coming from from CSI series is not a good thing... Those shows are beyond stupid.

Deleted
    So the Showrunner won't be Bryan Fuller? Ehhh I'll pass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing the title, my first thought was:

"Uwe Boll?"

I'm glad it's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    He was the writer for Tomb Raider Cradle of Life and Sahara. Really optimistic. Also, anything coming from from CSI series is not a good thing... Those shows are beyond stupid.
    CSI used to be a good tv series it got dragged out and turned into so many spin offs that it simply began more of the same, the person coming over is from CSI:NY what from my understanding is one of the more popular ones and i think maybe the first one? Not sure i'm Belgian so i doubt we got them in chronological order over here.

There seems to be enough money and people behind it, what gives no guarantee to anything but should give it a good chance to become something good. As long people don't expecting HBO production value from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Acidbaron View Post
    CSI used to be a good tv series it got dragged out and turned into so many spin offs that it simply began more of the same, the person coming over is from CSI:NY what from my understanding is one of the more popular ones and i think maybe the first one? Not sure i'm Belgian so i doubt we got them in chronological order over here.

There seems to be enough money and people behind it, what gives no guarantee to anything but should give it a good chance to become something good. As long people don't expecting HBO production value from the start.
    Well i expect HBO or Netflix production. Because why not? They prove it can happen, they set the bar high.

I'm from Poland and too don't know about order. But my brother watch them so i hear some dialogues here and there and nearly always make mental facepalm.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they can get it on a decent network, which will let them unleash their full potential (something like Netflix, Amazon Prime or HBO) then it just might work. The plot of the game is actually solid, so with decent handling, this could prove to be pretty good.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Oh, there was a topic.

I want to be optimistic but from where I'm sitting it seems most supernatural shows don't last without a cast of pretty boys on hand to keep the estrogen brigade interested.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm tentatively excited about this. The worldbuilding was always TSW's strongest point.

The one thing I hope is that they don't "pick a side". In the game, whether you're Dragon, Templar, or Illuminati, it's pretty darned clear that those organizations are in this for their own benefit, not everyone else's. And they're all pretty borderline evil. Not beings-from-outside-time-and-space Evil, just regular-grade human evil, but still.

I'd rather see the story follow an independent and their friends trying to make their own way, without getting crushed by either the eldritch horrors or the three evil megacorps that have most stuff on lockdown.

15+ Year Old Account
    I wish I was more optimistic for this. TSW has a really cool world, but I can't say the showrunner or writers have filled me with confidence for this production.