Thread: Ni no Kuni II

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    To those playing this one...do you need to have played the first one to understand this one, or is it a stand-alone story?

I HAVE the first one but...never really beat it.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

It’s stand alone. Set in the same world but hundreds of years in the future.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

Quote Originally Posted by Farath View Post
    It’s stand alone. Set in the same world but hundreds of years in the future.
    Sweet, thanks. I'll probably pick it up when I finish FarCry, then.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

My only complaint right now is the same one everyone has, The game is far too easy.

Also Roland is OP as fuck early game due to his AOE.

I killed the guards at the sneaking parts in the castle just to see if I could
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

So they made the first one too hard, so they over correct and make the next one too easy. Hard pass.

I bought this on a whim. It's a pretty charming RPG - the art style is gorgeous, the music is decent and the story so far is fairly standard for a JPRG but has a surprisingly dark moment early on. My only complaint is the difficulty, though tainted monsters provide a solid enough challenge. I'm hoping for more challenges later on - I just reached Chapter 4.

A hard mode would definitely be welcome, though. Maybe one will be patched in?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    A hard mode would definitely be welcome, though. Maybe one will be patched in?
    Maybe I'm sure they have heard the complaints about how easy it is. So I wouldn't put it pass them to put a hard mode in or a NG+ mode that's harder.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Maybe I'm sure they have heard the complaints about how easy it is. So I wouldn't put it pass them to put a hard mode in or a NG+ mode that's harder.
    Even if they did tbh for me it will not be as good as if the default difficulty is challenging. In fact this is what I really liked from the first game it wasn't super duper hard but it was challenging kinda gave you the vibe and feeling of the old school JRPG era which is why I loved it so much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now is this a good JRPG or is this just like literally I can link the Every JRPG ever video and it would be right kinda game?

15+ Year Old Account
    My only complaint right now is the same one everyone has, The game is far too easy.

Also Roland is OP as fuck early game due to his AOE.

I killed the guards at the sneaking parts in the castle just to see if I could
    Me too x)

Anyway, the lock on is awful, the buttons are dumb (why is dodge fuggin l1?) and no run button is annoying the h*ck out of me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Now is this a good JRPG or is this just like literally I can link the Every JRPG ever video and it would be right kinda game?
    You can tell it's a good game if it doesn't use the ugly ps save ui

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Me too x)

Anyway, the lock on is awful, the buttons are dumb (why is dodge fuggin l1?) and no run button is annoying the h*ck out of me

- - - Updated - - -

You can tell it's a good game if it doesn't use the ugly ps save ui
    Aside from that

Is the plot overly contrived to the point of absolute stupidity in an attempt to seem deeper than it actually is with dialog that can be read normally in an episode of Naruto?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Aside from that

Is the plot overly contrived to the point of absolute stupidity in an attempt to seem deeper than it actually is with dialog that can be read normally in an episode of Naruto?
    Dude just wants to make a kingdom to live happily ever after with Trump's help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Dude just wants to make a kingdom to live happily ever after with Trump's help
    Sounds good to me!

10+ Year Old Account
    I am thoroughly enjoying this game, but I am with the band wagon that things are entirely too easy. I'm not sure why they bothered with that considering they fleshed out a combat system you really do not get to use.

I thought the abilities were pretty cool, but that's all they are - just cool. You can get through combat pressing one button making those specials not really mattering.

The game is very charming, and I will play through it for the story for sure. I just wish that enemies hit twice as hard and had twice as much health. At that point, I'd say that would be "normal difficulty".

K so im a bit into this game and my complaints are that the beginning of the game is far to easy. Everything dies so fast and the fighting system is useless because everything can be 1 shot. Bosses at the beginning are a joke as well. I really wish you were not so strong right at the start compared to the enemies you fight.

This changes deeper into the game especially when fighting monsters higher level than yourself. So i feel like the game is properly or more balanced once you get around the level 20 parts than the stuff below that.

Alright as for the story.... Who wrote this? No spoilers but the Kid is naive and the Adult/Mentor character is supporting the kids fantasy. Why is their "kingdom" so full of contradictions? How can you claim you want to live in a world without one thing but then do that very thing constantly throughout the game? At least the other Adult character is a voice of reason but he gets shot down by the "Mentor" immediately even though hes right.

I know the writers of this game can make up any outcome they wish to have a happily ever after ending, but in reality this notion that this game is trying to put forth is nothing but a dream. It isnt possible.

Oh and also globalist Utopia....wtf.

I swear i heard Evan say Hail Hydra.

Finished the game yesterday, took me about 25 hours all up which included enough side quests to get the kingdom to level 3. My main complaint, same as everyone else, is that the game is too easy. Anytime where you might actually find yourself in a bit of trouble, you have so many healing items that it almost completely nullifies the trouble. I didn't mind the story personally, I knew it was going to be on the childish side and that didn't worry me. I thought the story telling or narration was excellent though.

Really liked the gameplay and being able to traverse the open overworld as whichever character. The development of your abilities, armour and weapons through your kingdom is a nice touch also.

Overall I'm really looking forward to whatever they have planned with the season pass and can't wait to continue the story.
    Main toon: Priest
    Alts: Rogue, Druid and Paladin plus many, many more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm...anyone else getting their PC randomy shut down when playing this game? (steam version)

Its just weird. (i probaly increased grafics a bit to much, but pc seems to shut down when game goes into a out of combat or when the next video ends, so it could just be a bug)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Hmm...anyone else getting their PC randomy shut down when playing this game? (steam version)

Its just weird. (i probaly increased grafics a bit to much, but pc seems to shut down when game goes into a out of combat or when the next video ends, so it could just be a bug)
    I haven't heard anything about that so I wouldn't rule out it being a issue with your PC.

Try doing a reinstall (backup your save) and see if it happens or run a program like speccy and check ur temps while playing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't heard anything about that so I wouldn't rule out it being a issue with your PC.

Try doing a reinstall (backup your save) and see if it happens or run a program like speccy and check ur temps while playing it.
    Well i did some research and it seems like game is badly optimized and it overheats like a lot. Pc probaly went in shut down mode due to overheat.

I guess i will have to lower grafic settings to a total minimum.
    Some info here: https://www.reddit.com/r/CrackWatch/..._is_not_using/

Copy pasted:

Constant flickering/twitching on the shadows and especially the characters, this issue has no solution for those that experience it. (havent seen that)

Having Soft Shadows turned on breaks the cutscenes for many players, locking them to 10FPS for the duration. (havent experienced that)

Spatial Audio causes voices to be whisper quiet and pretty much unhearable in all cutscenes for most users. (i use outside sound card -- so i guess this doesnt happen to me)

Ambient lighting issues cause things like this to happen (none)

Party members hair bugs out pretty bad for some users. This is with TAA on, and turning hairworks on/off does not effect this because hairworks does not effect the main cast. (havent noticed that)

There is a memory leak related to the texture loading/caching and the game keeps reloading textures into RAM/VRAM already present and never clearing the old. (i guess this causes a overheat)

The game launches to a grey blank screen that never remedies itself, most of those that have this have found no reliable solution though some say running in windowed mode at least lets them play. (havent happened to me)

ANSEL which has been touted as a huge feature by SE and NVIDIA destroys performance in almost all instances. (i dont use that)

Thread priorities for VSYNC Emulation Thread and SwapChain Flip Thread are set way too high by Square Enix and are making it impossible to distribute a workload across your CPUs. Way to high as in set to real time priority. Having these scheduled incorrectly is responsible for: Increased load times, Audio stutter, Physics twitching, etc. (i guess here people say you need to put game in high priority with control alt delete combo)

The game loads input icons synchronously any time it sees input on keyboard/mouse or gamepad. This means if you are using a gamepad generally but you hit a button on your keyboard -- hitch. If you use keyboard/mouse but hit the analog stick -- hitch. (i dont have this isues, but i disable camera control because it was anoying me like hell as it keep fixed itself)

Game drops below 30FPS after summoning(this is the only issue that has been patched and the patch did not fix it for everyone) (havent seen that as i got game today)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Played this a little bit, not sure it's really worth the money but it had good reviews. Reminds me a bit of Grandia 2 in terms of world exploration and gameplay, albiet missing the great Grandia 2 turn based combat. Just met Lofty, the Welsh dragon fairy and while I'm playing with Japanese audio it's hard to miss text such as "I'm down by yur mun" and all of the rest of the welsh valleys lingo... That said I'm not sure it really fits, a royal dragon fairy who speaks like a working class person from a welsh valley town.

I'm torn on the game, it's super easy and I dunno I think they could have priced it about £20 cheaper for what is a more oldschool RPG without the big budget production of a game like FF15 (the last game I got), which was £15 cheaper. I will refrain judgement until I've finished it though.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4