Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

LOL invasion points

Man, who thought THIS was a good idea? Basically take a dungeon, and imagine an antisocial version of it. You can't solo it, but its 3 players (down from 5), you don't group up, you just kinda run around unorganized and do whatever and get loot. Is this an april fool's joke? I can't imagine a worse design. The game needs more social interaction, not less.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    What exactly stops you from socializing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why can't you group up? I'd probably do it in a guild group if anything, it's probably similar to the final scenario of the current invasions

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    best addition to leveling ever tbh, wish they had invasions for each zone in the game, would make following the story and leveling altogether really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    Man, who thought THIS was a good idea? Basically take a dungeon, and imagine an antisocial version of it. You can't solo it, but its 3 players (down from 5), you don't group up, you just kinda run around unorganized and do whatever and get loot. Is this an april fool's joke? I can't imagine a worse design. The game needs more social interaction, not less.
    "Haha, why did they add this thing you can't solo! the game needs more social interaction, not more!"

You what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    Why can't you group up? I'd probably do it in a guild group if anything, it's probably similar to the final scenario of the current invasions
    Exactly, i just don't understand this whole "wow need to be more social" hysteria. It is social, you are rewarded for being friendly and social (not with extra loot i must add, which is exactly how it should be), but people just can't socialize without having some sort of a carrot on a stick in front of them. Yeah, that's what WoW needs to be a good game - forced social interractions
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you've not done these on the PTR they are a little odd. They're like scenarios in that you can't really solo them and they need 3 people but they're like the quests where you just fill up bars as you kill stuff in a couple of phases and then a mini-boss spawns. It's not really directed or laid out though, at least the ice planet one I did. It's just some tiny area - there's no character to it, nothing that says "wow, I'm on another world fighting the Legion" etc.

7+ Year Old Account
    y.... you mean scenarios? something people have been begging for from mop?
    i mean... what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    If you've not done these on the PTR they are a little odd. They're like scenarios in that you can't really solo them and they need 3 people but they're like the quests where you just fill up bars as you kill stuff in a couple of phases and then a mini-boss spawns. It's not really directed or laid out though, at least the ice planet one I did. It's just some tiny area - there's no character to it, nothing that says "wow, I'm on another world fighting the Legion" etc.
    but what would make you say "wow im on another world fighting the legion"

i mean you
    are on another world=check
    fighting the legion=check
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

So more green fire, and weird planets floating in the sky?

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    So more green fire, and weird planets floating in the sky?
    no pink blue stupid elf zones

Deleted
    Some people afked in vanilla wow before karazhan crypt and refuse to play till it opens...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    but what would make you say "wow im on another world fighting the legion"

i mean you
    are on another world=check
    fighting the legion=check
    But if you weren't told that the environments don't indicate it you. You could be on Azeroth for all you know. The mobs are not alien, the landscape isn't alien... Nothing feels like you've ported to a different planet. The ONLY reason you know that you're on another planet is that the game tells you via the quests etc.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-08-17 at 02:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't invasions just like scenarios from MoP. I mean we've already had them and they were pretty fun and not very time consuming to do as well.

7+ Year Old Account
    But if you weren't told that the environments don't indicate it you. You could be on Azeroth for all you know. The mobs are not alien, the landscape isn't alien... Nothing feels like you've ported to a different planet. The ONLY reason you know that you're on another planet is that the game tells you via the quests etc.
    The mobs are not alien cause they are legion?
    and the landscape is alien, i havwent seen those places on azeroth
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

You didn't do the pre-launch invasions did you? Those were fun and glad to see them back in some form. We need more stuff like this instead of soloable stuff. Dungeons are ok, but this isn't a dungeon, friend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The mobs are not alien cause they are legion?
    and the landscape is alien, i havwent seen those places on azeroth
    You haven't seen frozen landscapes? A grassland with some trees? Really?? Every environment I've seen could be some place on Azeroth.

And no, the mobs around aren't alien. There are no alien mobs fighting the Legion mobs we encounter, lying there dead, etc. But this is why I usually keep you on ignore - you spew nonsense at an amazing rate.

Deleted
    I, personally, like these invasions.

Tho I hope they don't have so fucked up and plain stupid objectives like those in Broken Isles - like "free 3 fucking drakes and everybody goes zerg to them lure half of the instance and die 10 times" (it's still faster than kill mobs) (the valarjar one?)
    or
    free/destroy <?> 3 fucking crystals > run to the top of the tower > die to all lured monsters thru whole instance > run back to the body as the ghost > resp and kill boss (it's the BRH invasion I believe).

You haven't seen frozen landscapes? A grassland with some trees? Really?? Every environment I've seen could be some place on Azeroth.

And no, the mobs around aren't alien. There are no alien mobs fighting the Legion mobs we encounter, lying there dead, etc. But this is why I usually keep you on ignore - you spew nonsense at an amazing rate.
    Dude ur just bitter, chill, they don't have time and resources to waste them on creating some fucking trees that u haven't seen before or new mob corpses for you to see. Be happy that u get a whole fucking planet with great skyboxes.
    Less QQ more pew pew

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazrark View Post
    Aren't invasions just like scenarios from MoP. I mean we've already had them and they were pretty fun and not very time consuming to do as well.
    Basically, yes, but they don't take us to places we've been like those did. The odd thing, as I noted elsewhere, is that the places ALSO don't look so different that the scream 'you're on an alien planet!' so between the dull environment and the fill up the bar nature of these I'll likely do them all once and not bother much after that.

M Basically take a dungeon, and imagine an antisocial version of it..
    So - an anti social dungeon ... you mean like a dungeon.

Now we take away the requirement to wait an hour to get in by not needing tank or healer.

SOUNDS like a vast improvement over a dungeon to me.

PS: Gratz on the big ONE ZERO

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taukra Goundin View Post
    You didn't do the pre-launch invasions did you? Those were fun and glad to see them back in some form. We need more stuff like this instead of soloable stuff. Dungeons are ok, but this isn't a dungeon, friend.
    I was actually hoping these would be huge, free for all on alien worlds that the Legion is also fighting but... they're just 3 person scenarios. They're not BAD, they're just not very good either.