Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Soooo what are they going to do the other 3+ years?
    It's just their 2017 budget, not their budget for the entire four-year term.

To be fair, there's long been an argument made that their budget should be increased, but it's still ridiculous that they went through their entire year's budget (including overtime caps) in under nine months.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post

To be fair, there's long been an argument made that their budget should be increased, but it's still ridiculous that they went through their entire year's budget (including overtime caps) in under nine months.
    It'll be especially hilarious if congress rejects an emergency spending bill to cover more protection, or makes some kind of condition upon the thing like Trump and family have to spend 98% of their time indoors at the white house from now on.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I sincerely don't understand how the american population is either ok with it or lethargic enough to just do nothing about this, talking about the cost of protecting the president.

Would be interesting to see a comparison of these and the costs of "unfundable" but promising projects.
    It would. I wish there was a way to completely overhaul the U.S. budget process and see what could actually get accomplished when everyone works together. Probably won't happen before the U.S. ceases to exist in it's current incarnation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post

Fun part is that a lot of that budget, went to trump. 60,000$ or so just on golf cart rentals at Trumps golf courses.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Fun part is that a lot of that budget, went to trump. 60,000$ or so just on golf cart rentals at Trumps golf courses.
    Fun in the way that it's so hilarious that you end up crying from sheer sadness.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Fun in the sense that it violates the domestic emoluments clause:

"The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them."
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo what are they going to do the other 3+ years?
    Well it's an annual budget. So it would be refreshed when Congress approves a new budget.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.