Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

DoJ seeking information on 1.3 million visitors to anti-Trump organizing website

Is Trump coming for the anti-Trumpers? Seems like this is a good argument for reducing government power. The animosity between the sides fighting for government power exists largely because the government has become too powerful. Not only can the government not solve all of the problems of society, but this concentration of power is creating many of the current major problems in society.

I would rather not have the US adopt the system used in China to suppress dissenters.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...rant-dreamhost

The US government is seeking to unmask every person who visited an anti-Trump website in what privacy advocates say is an unconstitutional “fishing expedition” for political dissidents.

The warrant appears to be an escalation of the Department of Justice’s (DoJ) campaign against anti-Trump activities, including the harsh prosecution of inauguration day protesters.

On 17 July, the DoJ served a website-hosting company, DreamHost, with a search warrant for every piece of information it possessed that was related to a website that was used to coordinate protests during Donald Trump’s inauguration. The warrant covers the people who own and operate the site, but also seeks to get the IP addresses of 1.3 million people who visited it, as well as the date and time of their visit and information about what browser or operating system they used.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Pretty much typical Trump for ya. If you're not with him then you're considered an enemy of the state.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Is Trump coming for the anti-Trumpers?
    Yes, because he's an insecure authoritarian who can't stand criticism. He's a more vulgar Kim Jong Un.

This is not a US government issue, this is purely a Trump issue. His supporters need to start realizing how dangerous the man they elected, and have defended, is. Grats guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    People elect a candidate that promises to reduce government power, said candidate now as president used government power to go after his opponents. Oh... what power in government did you think he was running against? It wasn't his... it was yours...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yes, because he's an insecure authoritarian who can't stand criticism. He's a more vulgar Kim Jong Un.

This is not a US government issue, this is purely a Trump issue. His supporters need to start realizing how dangerous the man they elected, and have defended, is. Grats guys.
    It never was... the whole big government rhetoric was/is a scam. They relied on the abstract catch all, then seem like hypocrites, when it turns out the idea of smaller government doesn't match their own. When in reality, seeking to lower the power of a government that is of the people, for the people and by the people... should be abhorrent.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    People elect a candidate that promises to reduce government power, said candidate now as president used government power to go after his opponents. Oh... what power in government did you think he was running against? It wasn't his... it was yours...

- - - Updated - - -

It never was... the whole big government rhetoric was/is a scam. They relied on the abstract catch all, then seem like hypocrites, when it turns out the idea of smaller government doesn't match their own. When in reality, seeking to lower the power of a government that is of the people, for the people and by the people... should be abhorrent.
    And yet, the majority of those opposing Trump don't have a problem with abuse of systemic power, they just think it ought to be abused for their own ideology. Unless you push for the rights of individuals, you are eventually just end up with people being persecuted.
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

And yet, the majority of those opposing Trump don't have a problem with abuse of systemic power,
    Horse shit, this is a strawman.

they just think it ought to be abused for their own ideology.
    Tumblr isn't the Democratic party, dude. That strawman is old

Unless you push for the rights of individuals, you are eventually just end up with people being persecuted.
    Liberals support the rights of people. When did Obama threaten to try unmasking people posting on conservative anti-Obama sites again?

Your president will turn on you the moment he doesn't think he needs you any longer. He has no loyalty to anyone but himself, and is a hypocrite of the highest order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck it, he can have my IP. I'll hand it to him...well, I would, but I'm up a flight of stairs. I'm probably safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Trump coming for the anti-Trumpers? Seems like this is a good argument for reducing government power. The animosity between the sides fighting for government power exists largely because the government has become too powerful. Not only can the government not solve all of the problems of society, but this concentration of power is creating many of the current major problems in society.

I would rather not have the US adopt the system used in China to suppress dissenters.

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Their idea of smaller government is rule by the fucking rich. Its even more tyranous.

Unless you push for the rights of individuals, you are eventually just end up with people being persecuted.
    ...he says unironically while supporting and advocating the policies of someone who is doing the exact opposite.

#awareness

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post
    ...he says unironically while supporting and advocating the policies of someone who is doing the exact opposite.

#awareness
    #predictablehypocrisy

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account

Yep, he is. Un-fucking-believable. Every. Single. Day. He gets more and more deplorable - I keep telling myself it can't get worse, and then it does.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC17 View Post

#awareness
    Did you unironically not read my original post about how I disagree with any government doing this?

Did you unironically not read my original post about how I disagree with any government doing this?
    I read it. It doesn't mean anything coming from someone who advocates and supports the leader of the government doing that very thing. Your declaration doesn't amount to anything worthwhile given your history here.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Yep, he is. Un-fucking-believable. Every. Single. Day. He gets more and more deplorable - I keep telling myself it can't get worse, and then it does.
    7 and a half more years man, just breathe.

And yet, the majority of those opposing Trump don't have a problem with abuse of systemic power,
    You know the majority of people who oppose Trump and have the authority to speak for them? since it's pretty obvious you are talking out of your ass.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    7 and a half more years man, just breathe.
    Odds are now against that sentiment. UK betting pools have him out by early 2019.

How do you deal with it? I mean, you're a Trumper apologist, so how do you continue to hand-wave his horrific behavior each and every day?

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Odds are now against that sentiment. UK betting pools have him out by early 2019.

How do you deal with it? I mean, you're a Trumper apologist, so how do you continue to hand-wave his horrific behavior each and every day?
    Because I like his policy positions and the economy is improving.

What economic policies have been passed under Trump?

Trump has yet to pass any laws or new regulations for the economy. All the improvements to date have been made under Obama's administration.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    What policies? The economy is still working from the last president/congress. Trump really hasn't signed into law anything, and anything that he did, wouldn't have affected the economy yet. Most laws don't go into affect for several months after they are passed.