Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Short of making world content the same way they do Heroic+ raids, the environment will never be "harsher" than what we've seen in Suramar Elite areas, or Broken Shore 111-112 areas/rares.
    Didn't mean NPCs, but the enviroment itself e.g. Dangerous weather, deadly fire/lava, etc.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Didn't mean NPCs, but the enviroment itself e.g. Dangerous weather, deadly fire/lava, etc.
    That's true.

More deceptive nature would be beyond amazing! More unpredictable AI would also be great, like certain mobs coming out during certain weather conditions/hours of the day etc etc.

Hopefully, eventually...

I've been loving this game for 10 years too, and guess what, I somehow have more fun now than I did 10 years ago and I'm loving the game more than ever thanks to what they've done in Legion.

If you don't like seeing people be positive about the game (although I'm very critical of certain things), I suggest you seek out some game you can enjoy and thus not feel the incessant need to whinge about it at every turn. Your "negative feedback" boils down to "I don't feel a certain way for the game, so it lacks those qualities for a fact".

Legion doing so well, means they'll probably keep this model going. Tough shit for the people not enjoying the game being more like an MMORPG I suppose...
    Or give my imput and hope they can do better.
    Legion doing well becuase of services and an ingame shop is not the same thing as selling more gams or having more people playing it.
    Also... Slightly better tha WoD is not that great compared to older expantions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Or give my imput and hope they can do better.
    Legion doing well becuase of services and an ingame shop is not the same thing as selling more gams or having more people playing it.
    Also... Slightly better tha WoD is not that great compared to older expantions.
    The "slightly better than WoD"-meme is only used by ignorant suckers though. From a financial standpoint, performing "slightly ahead of WoD" in the first quarter compared to WoD at its most profitable, is pretty damned epic.

And time spent in-game is up, no matter how much you try to excuse that fact with the availability of services and in-game shop sales.

The input of people going "I don't enjoy the game..." year after year no matter how much or how little content there is, probably holds less value than people paying for and playing the game.

Quote:

Time spent in World of Warcraft® grew year‐over‐year in the second
    quarter, and the Legion™ expansion continued to perform ____ ahead of the prior expansion
    "

They even removed the "slightly" in that sentence with the latest report. FeelsBadMan for the people using that as ammo I suppose.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-08-24 at 05:04 PM.

It's worse than the broken shore because they basically took Launch content and copy/pasted it onto 7.3 in order to have the patch last over a year (barring argus release in 7.3.5). Have fun doing the same boring crap all over again.

The "slightly better than WoD"-meme is only used by ignorant suckers to support their narrative. From a financial standpoint, performing "slightly ahead of WoD" in the first quarter compared to WoD at its most profitable, is pretty damned epic.

And time spent in-game is up, no matter how much you try to excuse that fact with service and in-game shop sales.
    Again, your white knighting is not helping anyone.
    I hope you at least get payed for it.

Again, your white knighting is not helping anyone.
    I hope you at least get payed for it.
    Shows just how much substance you have to your whinging I suppose. The game is back to being not only financially but also critically successful with Legion, that's not "white knighting" as you so eloquently put it.
    Have fun sitting around 5 expansions from now, still going "I don't enjoy the game as I used to...", I'm sure that's time well spent on your end.

Shows just how much substance you have to your whinging I suppose. The game is back to being not only financially but also critically successful with Legion, that's not "white knighting" as you so eloquently put it.
    Have fun sitting around 5 expansions from now, still going "I don't enjoy the game as I used to...", I'm sure that's time well spent on your end.
    It was "successful" during WoD as well, thats not the point.
    The point is, it used to be better and it's going in the wrong direction.

Why would I sit here for 5 expantions if they don't fix thing? Again, silly.

argus on PTR feels like slapping yourself repetitively... I doubt how will the live version be.

It was "successful" during WoD as well, thats not the point.
    The point is, it used to be better and it's going in the wrong direction.

Why would I sit here for 5 expantions if they don't fix thing? Again, silly.
    And others disagree and say that the game is better than ever.

Suck it up, Legion is the model going forward, they won't return to having less of everything, even if certain aspects and design choices hopefully will change due to popular demand.

And others disagree and say that the game is better than ever.

Suck it up, Legion is the model going forward, they won't return to having less of everything, even if certain aspects and design choices hopefully will change due to popular demand.
    Why would I or anyone want less of everything? When did I ever complain about that?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    I actually hate teleporting more than flying. In both WoW and FF14. Some teleporting would be tolerable though.
    There are 3-5 teleports per zone in Argus. And the zones aren't that large. This is the map:

In the real world if you go to a non colonized area there will be snags. There will be hazards, and you will have to blaze your own path and trail to find the best way to get to your destination.

I see no issue with these war-torn/populace-less places mimicking that style as it fits and makes sense.

Regarding "snags", you know sometimes there are trees on the ground that block your path, press space bar. Be engaged in the game, and not alt tabbed while auto running and complaining of "snags" LOL. When I go hiking I can't just fucking presss my autorun key IRL and navigate difficult terrain.
    Yes, but 1) in the real world that stuff just happens - a boulder is there due to erosion, etc. A tree falls. That's NOT true in WoW where it's all placed there on purpose. Also, if we were going up a trail regularly we'd move the log, cut the branch, etc. We can't do that in WoW.

If you're going to use the real world argument, then you also run into this - the AI is terrible and no real horse would just run into a branch over and over. That's not a big issue but you can't invoke the argument that "in the real world X is true..." argument to explain some things and then excuse others by saying "well it's not the real world..."

If you like flat boring terrain, maybe try club penguin or hello kitty island adventure?
    See, you were fine up to here, then you made a hard left to being a giant asshole. Don't be an asshole.
    Last edited by clevin; 2017-08-24 at 07:58 PM.

Deleted
    like certain mobs coming out during certain weather conditions/hours of the day etc etc.

Hopefully, eventually...
    Sounds like Minecraft lol.

Argus terrain is a flop for a MMORPG design point of view.

Most people will hate it after a week there.

Meanwhile people will pay good money to see WoW vanilla maps return.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by deffusse View Post
    argus on PTR feels like slapping yourself repetitively... I doubt how will the live version be.
    Worst part is they screwed up a straight forward teleportation system that other MMORPGs and MMOS nail on their first try.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by plaits View Post
    Argus is just like Broken Shore except there are 3 zones of it instead of 1 and you can't fly.
    I tried the PTR. It's so underwhelming. I am VERY glad Argus is not a full expansion. I can't stand looking at any more barren rocks.
    Argus will flop harder than Boring Shore.

And it will last for ten months lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    How is it worse than the broken shore? That mess had 0 story and was just an ugly slab of green and black while Argus had an actual story line that sets up the next possible expansion, not to mention the zones aren't all just one color scheme.

Sure most of the content is the same, world quests, world quests and more world quests, but that won't end during Legion.

Oh and BOO HOO No flying! /sarcasm We have teleport pads all over the place, and an upgrade for the flight master whistle that'll allow us to teleport of the nearest one. So flying really isn't needed.
    yeah but getting to rares is gonna take extra time now.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Meanwhile people will pay good money to see WoW vanilla maps return.
    Vanilla maps were far worse than anything released during the last 10 years. Unless it was a desert like Barrens, it was snake line galore.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Vanilla maps were far worse than anything released during the last 10 years. Unless it was a desert like Barrens, it was snake line galore.
    Nope. Vanilla maps were designed for ground mount usage which is why they were so great. Legion maps, including Argus is just one giant rat maze with vertical scale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    It already looks worse. The fact that we can't fly there is just a slap in the face.
    Couldn't fly on the molten front either. Didn't see any complaints there. I swear if I complained as much as you people I would have left the game years ago.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-08-24 at 08:21 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Nope. Vanilla maps were designed for ground mount usage which is why they were so great. Legion maps, including Argus is just one giant rat maze with vertical scale.
    I remember most zones pre-cata forcing you to take HUGE detours.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    I remember most zones pre-cata forcing you to take HUGE detours.
    People couldn't even afford mounts.
    Crimea is Ukraine!