Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Russia says Trump's new strategy for Afghanistan is 'dead end'

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN1B41DN

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Moscow believes that Washington's bet on using of force in U.S. President Donald Trump's new strategy for Afghanistan is "a dead end", Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov told a news conference on Thursday.

Trump has approved an extended American presence in Afghanistan, although neither he nor his military leaders have provided any specifics about troop numbers or timelines.

10+ Year Old Account
    In other news the sky is blue.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I don't need Russia to tell me that.

Russia says negative stuff about the USA and liberals swallow it because it criticizes Trump. Color me shocked.

this is about the only subject I will say the Russians are absolutely right about. the US made an unwinnable situation in that region worse just to spite the Russians a few decades ago, and lo and behold we're in a similar situation. but, fuck all of that resources people! we gots to have those resources! MAGA and fight for freedom! but mostly for rare minerals! aren't you proud america? being stuck in a war that has less approval than Vietnam and with no end in sight!? woooooooooooo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    Russia says negative stuff about the USA and liberals swallow it because it criticizes Trump. Color me shocked.
    Russia: this is a waste of your time
    Tumptwats: ahh don't listen to them! they don't know anything about this situation!

"WTF I love Russia now!"

I'm confused now... What Russia says is good when helps Trump but bad when liberals agree?

What Russia actually says or does matter little, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    I'm confused now... What Russia says is good when helps Trump but bad when liberals agree?

What Russia actually says or does matter little, eh?
    Yeah pretty much. What Russia says matters very little, especiamly when it talks about the USA.

Yeah pretty much. What Russia says matters very little, especiamly when it talks about the USA.
    Actually, it does seem to matter a lot depending on what they say. It is almost hilarious at times.

Actually, it does seem to matter a lot depending on what they say. It is almost hilarious at times.
    "what they say does or doesn't matter depending on how convenient it is for us to use what they're saying in whatever argument we're making": Trumpkins

What do the russians have to say about broken clocks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Well to me it doesn't matter.

The Afghan situation won't end until a President will admit a loss and take it on the chin. We know the self admitting never lost alway winning champion in the universe won't do that. Better to toss lives and billions away than admit the true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    What do the russians have to say about broken clocks?

Право дважды в день

I would say Russia has expert knowledge about Military efforts in Afghanistan being a dead end.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    The thing is, Russia was in afghanistan fighting pretty much the war we are now. They left... because it was untenable/unwinnable unless you wanted to "own" the country as an ever present occupying force.
    Not to forget that the US was supplying arms to the Mujahideen fighters back then to fight the Russians.. If that did not happen the outcome may have been completely different..

7+ Year Old Account
    Право дважды в день
    У тебя какой то хуйевый гугл переводчик.

Deleted
    Well, they are not wrong. The place earned the nickname "The Graveyard of Empires" for a reason.

10+ Year Old Account
    Право дважды в день
    No. Its "Даже сломанные часы дважды в сутки показывают точное время".

But that's not a russian saying. "Miscellanea Carrolliana", Lewis Carroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    I would say Russia has expert knowledge about Military efforts in Afghanistan being a dead end.
    Pretty everyone knows the efforts of the USA in Afghanistan haven't been exactly productive. I'm just saying that when it comes to Russia talking about the US I don't trust them in anything, they could say the sky is blue and I would have to double check just in case.