Thread: Fury and cleave

Deleted

Fury and cleave

It is just me or does fury feel broken in cleave situations? 3 isn't nearly as bad as 2 but it's still pretty bad. In everything I've ever done it feels like I can't cleave 2 mobs at all. Unless I'm mistaken the best thing to do with 2 targets is just single target and a ww before rampage. 3 mobs is the same but replacing furious slash with ww. Doesn't feel competitive at all. In mythic+ I feel like a wet noodle outside of 4 or 5+ targets. 2 targets is just embarrassing.

Fury cleave is nearly non-existent thanks to Meat Cleaver's 50% reduction, most of its AoE power is burst, thanks to the low cooldown on Battle Cry & Odyn's Fury.

To answer your question, there are AoE guidelines in the pinned guide:
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Multi-target
    Normal rotation applies, replacing abilities with Whirlwind based on target count.

Two targets
    • Whirlwind before Rampage to cleave it.

Three targets
    • Whirlwind in place of Furious Slash, but continue to use Raging Blow to trigger the T20 4p.

Four+ targets
    • Whirlwind in place of Furious Slash and Raging Blow.
    • Note: Continuing to use Raging Blow as with three targets will result in only slightly lower AoE DPS, but significantly higher priority target damage.

Eight+ targets
    • Whirlwind in place of Bloodthirst, Furious Slash, and Raging Blow; continue to use Rampage whenever possible for Enrage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Fury cleave is nearly non-existent thanks to Meat Cleaver's 50% reduction, most of its AoE power is burst, thanks to the low cooldown on Battle Cry & Odyn's Fury.

To answer your question, there are AoE guidelines in the pinned guide:
    Regarding 3 targets, should you use raging blow if you don't have T20 4P?

Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post
    Regarding 3 targets, should you use raging blow if you don't have T20 4P?
    No because the whole point of that 4P is to buff Bloodthirst.

But yeah Fury AoE sucks outside of cooldowns. Arms is better at both sustained and burst cleave. It also happens to be better at single target too, both sustained and burst. But that's a rant for another thread. Hopefully our next tier bonuses stay as they currently are for Fury because that will help a lot in all situations. When Rampage applies a DoT to whatever it hits, it stands to reason that Meat Cleaver will spread that DoT. Hopefully....
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    No because the whole point of that 4P is to buff Bloodthirst.

But yeah Fury AoE sucks outside of cooldowns. Arms is better at both sustained and burst cleave. It also happens to be better at single target too, both sustained and burst. But that's a rant for another thread. Hopefully our next tier bonuses stay as they currently are for Fury because that will help a lot in all situations. When Rampage applies a DoT to whatever it hits, it stands to reason that Meat Cleaver will spread that DoT. Hopefully....
    I find the wording somewhat unlpeful (but of course grateful Archimtiros wrote it) So if you don't have 4P then 3 targets is only BT and WW? That's the same as 4+ targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post
    I find the wording somewhat unlpeful (but of course grateful Archimtiros wrote it) So if you don't have 4P then 3 targets is only BT and WW? That's the same as 4+ targets.
    Don't forget Rampage, but yeah pretty much. I mean, I haven't tested it because I have the 4p but it's a logical guess. Whirlwind alone doesn't generate rage so it's designed for you to hit Bloodthirst with the Meat Cleaver buff for the rage generation to hit Rampage with the buff and since the 4pc buffs Bloodthirst, sparing the GCD for Raging Blow results in more DPS. Hell, I'd probably still use Raging Blow on 3 targets even without the set bonus because Whirlwind is so terrible for Fury that a single RB probably hits harder than WW on 3 targets. Even with the legendary belt, it's pretty weak in most situations. If you know an add phase is coming during a boss fight, delay your Battle Cry and Odyn's Fury for the adds. That's about the only time you're allowed to do decent cleave as Fury.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb