Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    And just like every time an American company tried this, Boeing will lose again. Doesent stop you from trying i guess. Its pretty much american culture to sue before putting any effort.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Too bad to Boeing; That's how a free market works.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, let's be honest, Trump would fuck over royally if he tries to defend Boeing on this. It's literally the opposite of his own ideas and Boeing dug their own grave.
    I'm not referring to anything including Trump. Things like this are way below his level. I'm thinking more on the terms of DoS and business interests screwing over Canadian business interests in the US, or at least threatening to do so during negotiations. Canada doesn’t have a strong position when arguing with major US firms. They can still decide to tell them to fuck off, but they’d lose somewhere else as a result.

10+ Year Old Account
    US slapped a 220% duty on Bombardier jets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    US slapped a 220% duty on Bombardier jets.
    It needs to get passed by the USITC. Calm your tits for now.

So let me get this straight. Bombardier is getting help from the Canadian government to corner a market. Then when Boeing calls Bombardier out on the shenanigans the Canadian government is taking punitive actions against Boeing? And people are ok with this?

Weren't people freaking the fuck out when Kellyanne Conway just said she liked Ivanka Trump's clothing line?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    So let me get this straight. Bombardier is getting help from the Canadian government to corner a market. Then when Boeing calls Bombardier out on the shenanigans the Canadian government is taking punitive actions against Boeing? And people are ok with this?

Weren't people freaking the fuck out when Kellyanne Conway just said she liked Ivanka Trump's clothing line?
    The funniest bit I've seen is that Canada isn't denying that everything Boeing stated is true. They are stating that since Boeing no longer has a plane in the same niche (in terms of passenger load) ever since they ceased production of the 717. It's possible that Boeing will argue that Bombardier's subsidies and dumping in the US is what caused them to cease production but I'm not sure how far back that goes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post

Pretty good summery.